ADVERTISEMENT

Your earliest memory of this board

jrpross

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Sioux Falls, SD
Thought this would be a fun topic with quite a few long-timers on here and so many fun memories. So what was going on when you joined the board?

Though my profile says 2008, I had another name to which I forgot the password. I found this site when people were talking about recruiting Darius Rice (and Miles for that matter) and Chris Duhon. We thought we were gonna get em all, man. Turned out all we got was a few unknowns named Daniels, Fitch, and Hawkins. Little did we know, we may have been just as well off.

Been on and off this board for over a decade under various names. First started actually posting the year Cal arrived and we were trying to get John Wall.

When we got Bledsoe, Gotdweeb told fans "you don't get Bledsoe and Wall both, you just don't". He was wrong, and he's been wrong ever since.

Start around 2007 as a part time lurker. Promoted to part time poster in 2009. Took the gig as a full time game thread starter in 2011. Hats off to rayodar. He inspired me to get into posting full time. He had the epic thread of running into ramel bradley and giving him pointers on how to shoot better. I live for epic posts like this, and Karl towns walk.

the door, john wall dance/around the world thread ramel bradley, anything cut nets/umm believes is quality. There are a few here now that seem to want to take the place of them.

Reactions: BlueSince92
Started on the old AOL board around 1997. Lurked here in there until I signed up in 2004. I think that was when the "TeleTubbys v/s Dynasty Defenders" started. All I know was Tubby visited Adam Williams, didn't offer him a scholarship, but the Williams' announced he DID and he accepted. Instead of setting things straight Tubby let him come to UK. That was the same recruiting year Morris, Crawford, Rondo, Bradley, and transfer Patrick Sparks.

A LOT of fans were mad because of Williams. Tubby had recruited Juan Palcious, Chris Lofton (barely), Russell Robinson, and Corey Brewer. Many thought Brewer was a lock. No scholarship available.

Whew... It was ugly. :popcorn:

I've been on here forever but the days when UNC was beating us for EVERY recruit is pretty vivid in my mind.

Hansbrough, Brandan Wright, Deon Thompson etc...

Started on the old AOL board around 1997. Lurked here in there until I signed up in 2004. I think that was when the "TeleTubbys v/s Dynasty Defenders" started. All I know was Tubby visited Adam Williams, didn't offer him a scholarship, but the Williams' announced he DID and he accepted. Instead of setting things straight Tubby let him come to UK. That was the same recruiting year Morris, Crawford, Rondo, Bradley, and transfer Patrick Sparks.

A LOT of fans were mad because of Williams. Tubby had recruited Juan Palcious, Chris Lofton (barely), Russell Robinson, and Corey Brewer. Many thought Brewer was a lock. No scholarship available.

The AOL board could get chippy... of course Mel and Wildcat Faithful - 1st site to hold gatherings for posters to meet. We copied it at BBN a few times.

Composed my first message on these....

515f8908c477dfb7c402cbc2176795bb.jpg

Sometime around 2000. I was on the old CNN/SI board and people started talking about this message board called Wildcatchat. So I wandered over here. My old name was UKay but oddly that was taken at Wildcatchat so I became YouKay.

I started reading on another board called Wildcat Fanatics. Great board but tiny so there were lulls. Occasionally they would make fun of something someone said on "Raftards." About 2003 I got curious and went searching...

I was pleasantly surprised in all the worst ways.

I got a lot of the 2004 (Rondo) recruiting class news here. But my earliest notable memory was a few years later---a really detailed graphical flowchart Baryrn2000 posted about how our conversations usually went. I remember it included some kind of Tubby wormhole.

Got some newbies on here. I have been on here pretty much from the start. My original name was VilleCat but some poser has it on here now.

I got on here prior to Cal to fight the good fight on firing Tubby. Hard to believe, but about half this board wanted him to stay going into his last year. I think my original name was FIRE TUBBY.
Ive been through a few screen names, but now i really don't care if IU or UL blocks me.

Forever ago.. And I've checked it almost religiously everyday since I joined to see what's going on in recruiting, peoples thoughts on games, who's arguing with who and whether or not the sky is falling before I go outside... I rarely post so when I do it's probably something brilliant

Reactions: 78Gooses
Known about it for years and years but always remained loyal to Scout. That board staring going south a year or so ago so I signed up here. Guess my first memory is worrying about who UK would sign in the spring to finish up the class. Knox was a huge surprise.

My first memories were the precursors to this board back in the 90's when DaveK , Rainman and SteveJ (or was it stevenJ?) and the board looked like the whole Peegs layout.

fun times, I was just a teenager but everyone around back then taught me so much about basketball that I'm forever grateful!!

The earliest memory that really sticks out to me that was meaningful to actually remember the details this long was that I fell asleep during the UK/Duke elite 8 game in 1998 and logged on expecting everyone to be down in the dumps and rainman had a thread talking about our huge win and it was like I had won the powerball I was so excited and shocked. Back then I only had a webtv so I also remember the page taking FOREVER to load

I doubt anyone remembers me because I didnt post as often as I do now but I went under ElectroBlue back then

Reactions: brianpoe

Cindog28.. you was then (AOL) and are now....one of the very best!!!

AlohaCat

I started reading on another board called Wildcat Fanatics. Great board but tiny so there were lulls. Occasionally they would make fun of something someone said on "Raftards." About 2003 I got curious and went searching...

I was pleasantly surprised in all the worst ways.

I got a lot of the 2004 (Rondo) recruiting class news here. But my earliest notable memory was a few years later---a really detailed graphical flowchart Baryrn2000 posted about how our conversations usually went. I remember it included some kind of Tubby wormhole.

Baryrn2000..., WOW....talk about a blast fro the past...vet cool!!

AlohaCat

At 56 kb the experience was not as fastpast.

Back to op ..good thread enjoyed it posts.always good..

Looking back enjoyed poster Audioslave.
Does be still post?
Blue all the way through .

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT