ADVERTISEMENT

Your earliest memory of this board

Yep, there with Cindog, BKO, BluClrThru..a “certain” Mod on this board ( :) ]...AOL was cool ..and challenging..

AlohaCat

I’m still on aol since the 80’s, my sons keep telling me to change, it’s been too long now. :)

Reactions: brianpoe
the first message board I belonged to was I think it was called Kentucky sports report or something or another back in the early/mid 2000s

Like it says over there to your left I've been here since 2002. But it really started in 1995. I just migrated here as times changed, but this board has been really stable for quite a while now. I credit that in no small part to the moderator's who keep us on topic. Kentucky basketball. Kind of funny, in those early day's in the 90's IU fans were quite the pest. Uh, where are they these days lol? And UL? Well their kind of like UT football aren't they though I don't wish to insult my friends in Tennessee.

Reactions: brianpoe
I'm very new to this board although I've lurked every so often over the years. I remember being on the ESPN message boards avidly for UK in 2005-06 vehemently defending Rich Brooks. He was VERY unpopular on the message boards. My profile name was 'commandercon'. I was 11-12 years old at the time.

I also remember during the Gillespie years making a thread about 5 star Dominique Ferguson committing among the numerous K.C Ross Miller posts, Vinny Zollo, Dakotah Euton etc.

Other than random moments in time I've largely ignored message boards until this basketball season.

I'm very new to this board although I've lurked every so often over the years. I remember being on the ESPN message boards avidly for UK in 2005-06 vehemently defending Rich Brooks. He was VERY unpopular on the message boards. My profile name was 'commandercon'. I was 11-12 years old at the time.

I also remember during the Gillespie years making a thread about 5 star Dominique Ferguson committing among the numerous K.C Ross Miller posts, Vinny Zollo, Dakotah Euton etc.

Other than random moments in time I've largely ignored message boards until this basketball season.
You picked the wrong year to begin.
It’s gone downhill fast.

Reactions: ConRay9
You picked the wrong year to begin.
It’s gone downhill fast.

I like a challenge. Count me in as another fan here to fight the good fight I suppose. I must say it has been a bit more negative this year than I expected upon joining here. It's gotten better though.

I like a challenge. Count me in as another fan here to fight the good fight I suppose. I must say it has been a bit more negative this year than I expected upon joining here. It's gotten better though.
Don’t give in.

It’s like some weird new thing to think it’s cool to be glass half empty. I hate it.

I discovered this board in March 2009 after the Senior Night game when it became clear we weren't going to the NCAA Tournament. I had to find a place to see what other UK fans thought about Gillispie, and he was getting a blanket party by all the members on here.

I finally decided to join after we won the championship in 2012 and my first post was about my experience seeing the coaches/trophy at Great American Ball Park when they were doing the tour around the state and outside of it.

I was on in late 90’s. What was it called? We’re there a couple?. Over time pass words or something had to be reset and I began showing up the 2002 date. I had a slightly different user name, but can’t remember. I am sure when the FBI comes in they will find me....lol. The discussions on Tubby and Saul grew hot...following Donovan’s plane and the door were great times.

Reactions: wildcatdonf
Was a lurker for years and years. I first came to this board 2008 ish. Right ahead of the excitement of Cal coming. I remember we didn’t have a computer at the time but I had a pretty cool smartphone at the time ... some type of HTC? Lol and I would sit on my front porch and refresh refresh refresh keeping up with Cal/ John Wall News. It was such an exciting time.

Reactions: HICATFAN and Mr_GG
Don’t frequent RR very often. But I’ll post.

I started in 2002 and haven’t changed my username. I had a little inside info for about 3/4 years when I started. But after my company built a new facility, and we left from Lexington, I lost contact with said info. That’s one of the reasons I enjoyed being on here.

Started lurking to celebrate the Rondo/Morris/Crawford/Smooth class. Posted under a different name (based on my high school) a few hundred times but lurked daily in my computer class.

First lasting memory was the night of the :roll:

@BKH34 can tell it better than I can, I bet.

Reactions: HICATFAN
Wish I posted with you all during AOL 3.0 days. I would have used a punter on every last one of you.

Reactions: HICATFAN
Started lurking to celebrate the Rondo/Morris/Crawford/Smooth class. Posted under a different name (based on my high school) a few hundred times but lurked daily in my computer class.

First lasting memory was the night of the :roll:

@BKH34 can tell it better than I can, I bet.
So best I can remember, some old got tired of us kids and he didn't understand why were going :roll:. I think he meant :ROFL: but as one can imagine on this network, it got a little out of hand.

17779986-Caveman-Computer-Stock-Vector.jpg

So best I can remember, some old got tired of us kids and he didn't understand why were going :roll:. I think he meant :ROFL: but as one can imagine on this network, it got a little out of hand.

The way I remembered it was that he was trying to troll/rant, did a terrible job, and everyone started posting [roll] laughing at him. It set him off and he tried to mock us but didn't know how to make the emoji and just typed :roll: hoping that would do it.

Reactions: Cindog28
The way I remembered it was that he was trying to troll/rant, did a terrible job, and everyone started posting [roll] laughing at him. It set him off and he tried to mock us but didn't know how to make the emoji and just typed :roll: hoping that would do it.
Yeah it was a whole new thread going off about :roll:, which begat...

30-minute-dinner-rolls-recipe-5.jpg

Which begat...

tumblr_ow82uor20f1rrthk4o4_540.gif

I used to check Cats pause and Wildcat Faithful every day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT