ADVERTISEMENT

The Jet is on the recruiting trail

Matt Jones just said that UK lost a big time guy who was coming here because the info got out and another school swooped in and paid him more.

Also said a player who we were big on that is not visiting any longer

Any guesses on either?

Imo Davis.

Matt Jones just said that UK lost a big time guy who was coming here because the info got out and another school swooped in and paid him more.

Also said a player who we were big on is not visiting any longer

Any guesses on either?
I’d guess Davis to Arkansas

• Sad
Reactions: bookerfan66
Let's also not assume these players are currently in the same location they played ball. Maybe whoever hey are meeting is in vegas because that's where his agent is or he's there to work out with somebody, could be any number of reasons.

Smith is the only one I'm that excited about.Hope they can land him.
Ehh, honestly don't think he is going to be the type of PG we need. He doesn't have a strong record as a shooter. He is undersized and a bit turnover prone at times. While he can certainly elevate and attack the rim, I think his shooting issues are going to mitigate a lot of his positives. Particularly if Pope is wanting to shoot 3's like BYU did last year.

Matt isn’t making Pope look bad at all are you even listening?
Matt cares about 1 thing and 1 thing only, and it’s not Kentucky basketball. Calipari could have went 200-0 the last 5 years and Matt would have been ready for him to go because Calipari didn’t give KSR the time of day.

Reactions: pappy52
Ehh, honestly don't think he is going to be the type of PG we need. He doesn't have a strong record as a shooter. He is undersized and a bit turnover prone at times. While he can certainly elevate and attack the rim, I think his shooting issues are going to mitigate a lot of his positives. Particularly if Pope is wanting to shoot 3's like BYU did last year.
I look forward to watching him knife through defenses in our 5-out offense. Remains to be seen if we can coach him up a bit.

Matt cares about 1 thing and 1 thing only, and it’s not Kentucky basketball. Calipari could have went 200-0 the last 5 years and Matt would have been ready for him to go because Calipari didn’t give KSR the time of day.
I don’t mind listening to his show when I get a chance he doesn’t bother me. I was at the press conference for Pope and all the 20,000 + fans that were in the building also like Matt Jones too apparently. He got really a big ovation from the crowd when he stood up to ask Pope a question.

The other 2 were never named and I guess they are the ones not coming.
My guesses for the 2 never named, are Davis, and the player they could have got but word got out is roach, and I hope this one is false but maybe the other guy not visiting is brea

Shot 40.8% on threes last year

Matt wasn’t salty because Pope has to reschedule that isn’t how I took it I was listening when Matt said Pope had to reschedule.
Yeah, some folks are grasping at straws. If anything, I think Matt may have been admonishing fans for our insatiable appetite for info. Maybe just trying to quell our insanity.

That said, what's stopping the kids or their agents from leaking info if it's so beneficial for them? Seriously. Why is it that the fans are problematic?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT