ADVERTISEMENT

Would you take Pitino back if it was the only way Reed would return?- Poll (not pole 😂)

Would you take Pitino back if it was the only way Reed would return?

• Yes

Votes: 113 63.8%
  • No

Votes: 64 36.2%

• Total voters
First thing we need to do is quit acting like Reed is LeBron James. He absolutely killed us a certain points this year. I’ll take a good coach. That’ll be here and win over a player who is probably already gone anyways.
I mean, he’s not . But we need bodies for next years roster . The sec freshman of the year would be a heck of an addition.

I don't give a shit if Reed, Anthony Davis, Durant, Booker and Jokic come with him.

Anyone that seriously wants that POS Rick back after all he has done is insane to me. I would be done with UK basketball if Dirtbag Crypt Keeper Rick returned.
Of course you would write something like this. You were just fine and dandy with Cal burning the program to the ground in real time, but you still hold a middle school girl grudge against a guy who left our program 27 years ago.

I'd love to see Reed come back but I voted no. Reed is a smart kid and if he wants a hooker he can find his own.

Reactions: KFuqua
Of course you would write something like this. You were just fine and dandy with Cal burning the program to the ground in real time, but you still hold a middle school girl grudge against a guy who left our program 27 years ago.
He probably wasn’t even around when Rick was here the first time. Just remembers him at Louisville.

LEFT our program and then trashed it for years. Some people on here act like he’s the same coach that he was 27 years ago and it’s as simple as plugging him back in and winning. It’s not and he is not an improvement from our last coach.

LEFT our program and then trashed it for years. Some people on here act like he’s the same coach that he was 27 years ago and it’s as simple as plugging him back in and winning. It’s not and he is not an improvement from our last coach.
He won the Greek league in 19’, he got iona to the tournament, he got the kid from Florida with the headband who hit the shot to go to overtime on us, he got Saint John’s on the brink of the tourney 1 year in (in which case many think they were snubbed) if he isn’t an improvement on coaching in your mind then not sure what to tell you.

• Haha
Reactions: flacat22
He won the Greek league in 19’, he got iona to the tournament, he got the kid from Florida with the headband who hit the shot to go to overtime on us, he got Saint John’s on the brink of the tourney 1 year in (in which case many think they were snubbed) if he isn’t an improvement on coaching in your mind then not sure what to tell you.
The Greek league..with his stupid soccer scarf….stoppppppp 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Whether or not one thinks Pitino should be a candidate for the Kentucky coaching job, and I would be against it for more reasons than I care to type in now, there are 2 facts concerning Pitino everybody should understand:
1. Pitino is not a candidate to be the next Kentucky basketball coach.
2. Pitino will never be a candidate to be the next Kentucky basketball coach.

The blind bum on the street corner is an improvement over the clown

So in summary, he got a team “to the tournament,” “went to OT against us” and “got another team to the brink of the tourney” and that’s your best argument for coaching improvement. Man, that’s pretty flimsy.

I remember the '96 team well. It was an absolute juggernaut of a team that owned college basketball. Pitino did a masterful job of building and coaching that team. However, Pitino has burned far too many bridges throughout the Commonwealth of Kentucky to ever come back.

Reactions: KFuqua and flacat22
Yes. If reports are right that Pope is now being seriously considered according to CBS...I would take Pitino to have Reed and bring in Jamal Mashburn Jr. I just want to win games again. Mark Pope isn't the answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: RondosRevengeTour
Whether or not one thinks Pitino should be a candidate for the Kentucky coaching job, and I would be against it for more reasons than I care to type in now, there are 2 facts concerning Pitino everybody should understand:
1. Pitino is not a candidate to be the next Kentucky basketball coach.
2. Pitino will never be a candidate to be the next Kentucky basketball coach.
Under the current regime. Bring in someone that knows what they are doing and it’s a possibility

Reactions: ukfan1622
So in summary, he got a team “to the tournament,” “went to OT against us” and “got another team to the brink of the tourney” and that’s your best argument for coaching improvement. Man, that’s pretty flimsy.
1 year at iona getting them to the tourney when they are a nobody is a success. Being able to bring in players that are able to thrive in the SEC and win you games is a success. And turning around St. John’s in one year is also a success. Everything he touches is elevated

• Haha
St. John’s was 20-13 this past year, 18-15 the year before. A two game improvement but still no tourney. Elevated? I guess that depends on how low you set the bar for pitino to squirm under.

Well, I absolutely was taking into account our current AD as well as the fact that many big
UK donors now hate the guy.
Yep. Totally agree that it is off court and personal issues and not a good business decision that will keep Pitino away. The right strictly business decision would be Pitino.

Reactions: RondosRevengeTour
Well, I absolutely was taking into account our current AD as well as the fact that many big
UK donors now hate the guy.
Win over the crafts, win a chip and the rest of them that aren’t fans will start giving to for his final year and the next guys tenure.

St. John’s was 20-13 this past year, 18-15 the year before. A two game improvement but still no tourney. Elevated? I guess that depends on how low you set the bar for pitino to squirm under.
His record year 1 at UK was 14-14.

Win over the crafts, win a chip and the rest of them that aren’t fans will start giving to for his final year and the next guys tenure.
I also have fond memories of Pitino's time at Kentucky and think he's a great coach but you can't go back to Camelot 27 years later. It's not the same place and you aren't the same person.

I also have fond memories of Pitino's time at Kentucky and think he's a great coach but you can't go back to Camelot 27 years later. It's not the same place and you aren't the same person.
It would be the perfect story to cap off the whirlwind we’ve already been thrown for. The fans may not love it but they’d all be ok when we started winning and kids starting staying and graduating and winning us championships.

Jeff Shepard himself told me that the one coach Reed would never play for was Rick Pitino. The family detests Rick Pitinos moral values. He would NEVER be a leader of their son . I was with Jeff the day Pitino called him to express interest in recruiting Reed . So this is a fantasy thread.

Wow

Despite my misgivings about his first year here it’d be Donovan, Beard, Golden but we do not take a step further backwards with a gimmicky, doomed from the start hire like Pitino.
I can respect Donovan. He’s obviously #1 on everyone’s list right now. Holden I can be bought in on too but I’d rather not have DUI beard, too messy. With Rick it’s messy but it’s Rick. You bring us a chip you get more forgiveness.

I don't give a shit if Reed, Anthony Davis, Durant, Booker and Jokic come with him.

Anyone that seriously wants that POS Rick back after all he has done is insane to me. I would be done with UK basketball if Dirtbag Crypt Keeper Rick returned.
I say bring Pitino in and you go.

• Angry
If Donovan says no, I’d take Pitino back with or without Reed (believe he’d stay though, for the record).

I already have my fire-suit on for the heat coming for that take.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT