ADVERTISEMENT

Barney needs to man up and hire pitino

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
That’s the way out of this mess. Bring back the man who originally brought UK back. Let him load his staff and groom the next coach. This is no crap shoot. We know pitino would come in hungry and would win big. He’d keep reed around 100% and bring alot of his former player and open the program back up to the players and fans. He knows how this job goes. He was a master at it and I have no doubt he would rekindle it. Say it’s crazy all you want but cal was no Saint when he came to lex many outside our program still look at him as a massive cheater. The thing about it is it’s a grand slam hire AND pitino is basically available and would crawl to Lexington. If we had an ad with a bb iq it would be a no brainer. A lot of Cals former players would even stick around. Players love pitino. We don’t need a Saint we need a friggin proven winner who we know can handle the job.

I promise you if it happened it would be the most excitement = $$$$. In our bb history. You may hate it now but if it happened would by in just like with cal.

That’s the way out of this mess. Bring back the man who originally brought UK back. Let him load his staff and groom the next coach. This is no crap shoot. We know pitino would come in hungry and would win big. He’d keep reed around 100% and bring alot of his former player and open the program back up to the players and fans. He knows how this job goes. He was a master at it and I have no doubt he would rekindle it. Say it’s crazy all you want but cal was no Saint when he came to lex many outside our program still look at him as a massive cheater. The thing about it is it’s a grand slam hire AND pitino is basically available and would crawl to Lexington. If we had an ad with a bb iq it would be a no brainer. A lot of Cals former players would even stick around. Players love pitino. We don’t need a Saint we need a friggin proven winner who we know can handle the job.

I promise you if it happened it would be the most excitement = $$$$. In our bb history. You may hate it now but if it happened would by in just like with cal.
Pitino is old, that’s a huge issue and another is Will pitino recruit the portal and in general recruit

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
He'd bring honor and decency back to the program

pd_by_manoluv_d5nqyma-375w-2x.jpg

I’ve joked about it but KState brought Snyder back in football.

The only way this makes sense is if RP would do it for 1m a year and it was public he was doing it to assist w the buy out and bc he wanted “to return him and end his career where he should have never left”. Have a closed door agreement that he coaches 5 years and retires “out of the blue”.

We can be looking for a coach that whole last season.

Saves us money and gets us back to black on coaching contracts

Regards Ricks legacy.

It’s a win for everyone.

Even if he didn’t win big it would take at least 3 years before ppl got antsy

He said he would never step foot in the state of ky ever again. Guess you’ll have to settle for coaching via zoom

I would take the Murray St coach if it meant no Cal. And IDK his name even

I think Rick would likely coach here for free if given the oportunity. He is still the best x and o 's coach we have ever had here. Might accept a transitional position and help us find his successor.

Doubt any of this will occur however.

Reactions: MO_Blue and dl51344

He is 71 years old.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT