ADVERTISEMENT

I’d take Cal and changes if Reed is back

Jjohnb5393

Freshman
Mar 25, 2022
If Reed would come back if Cal is back, and would be hesitant with a new coach…. go ahead and run cal back with a staff overhaul and program changes. I’d give that a look. I’d give it a go for one simple reason..l I think next year would be better in that scenario than any other possible scenario. If it doesn’t work, let’s pull the plug and we’re no different than we are right now. We’re getting the best possible ‘next year ‘ , and can still have no cal afterward

I just think it’s the best ‘next year’ scenario.. we can do what we’re doing now one year from now. Maybe Billy Donovan gets fired, who knows. Maybe Jay Wright is more open being away one more year.

Reed shouldn’t come back. This jackass coach has forced out player after player and now bc his job is on the line he’s gonna ask Reed to come back. If Reed is a lottery pick he needs to leave. His NIL money won’t touch the nba contact and endorsements he can get with the local city.

Plus the more tape the nba gets on you, the lower you go. Poythress was once the number 1 pick and staying worked out so well for him.

I’m not a Cal fan. Personality more so than anything.

I’m good with him coming back though. There really isn’t anything better out there and he can make a run as easy, and luckily, than anyone else.

• Haha
Reactions: KTBFFH92
We don’t need to make that deal. Reed will be back
Agree
Reed isn't the normal kid. He was taught how to act growing up and wasn't pampered. He will be back because he loves the game. He loves being around friends and family. All he needs is a good coach that has a scheme to show case his abilities. That isn't ccc. Make the change

Reactions: deep3
I thought Reed was gone the last 2 months ... now I think he will be back. After seeing Jeff so emotional at the end of the Oakland game ... I think Reed doesn't want to go out like that.

And the fact on KSR it was basically stated there is a $1 million NIL deal out there for him (with more I'm sure to come), I think he will be back.

If his parents were anybody else, I agree he would and should be gone.

Like anyone has a choice on what we “take.”
[laughing]

RIY6ZWt.jpeg

I’m not a Cal fan. Personality more so than anything.

I’m good with him coming back though. There really isn’t anything better out there and he can make a run as easy, and luckily, than anyone else.
I feel you. Does he deserve to go? Yeah. But we have to have a home run lined up. If we don’t have the guy we want lined up then your best bet is probably for cal to find his touch again. I guess I trust him to win again before I trust a new guy from a weak applicant pool

Reactions: kyboy1998
if reed doesn’t go nba, which he probably will, then i’d like to see him transfer to a contending team with a good coach—not a rival.
he’ll never be on a winning team coached by calipari.

If Reed would come back if Cal is back, and would be hesitant with a new coach…. go ahead and run cal back with a staff overhaul and program changes. I’d give that a look. I’d give it a go for one simple reason..l I think next year would be better in that scenario than any other possible scenario. If it doesn’t work, let’s pull the plug and we’re no different than we are right now. We’re getting the best possible ‘next year ‘ , and can still have no cal afterward
Reed is awesome and I’d love to have him back next year but he’s not good enough to save our program under Cal’s leadership IMO.

LOL! There will be no changes that will make one bit of difference in how successful our season will be. We’ve had different assistants, we’ve had portal players, we had the NPOY . It’s THE COACH. Don’t be naïve.

Give it up. There’s no scenario with Cal back that’s good for Kentucky.

I'd take Cal leaving and Reed coaching the team.

Reactions: shakestheclown564
I’m afraid we will miss out on Wright or Donovan. They both could end up coaching somewhere else and we could have another calastrophic year

If he comes back and sets records like losing three home games straight and loses to a cupcake it could get really ugly . Particularly, if he plays NBA prospects over better players . Really really ugly

I hope he will run the same offense again (except against zone) and hire a defensive guru and maybe he won’t be able to screw it up too much

I don’t think it will matter. He changed our offense only to not play the 3 Rs when it mattered.

To his left. Damn the defenders, full speed ahead. Although you make a good point, he would improve more than anyone under Pitino. Imagine how many steals Reed would have in Pitino's press.
It was painfully obvious by mid-January that this team couldn't stay in front of people, one on one. Playing to the team's strengths (and minimizing weaknesses), it seems like we should've gone to more of a trapping type defense to try and force turnovers and limit the damage that was done to us on the offensive boards.

I just think it’s the best ‘next year’ scenario.. we can do what we’re doing now one year from now. Maybe Billy Donovan gets fired, who knows. Maybe Jay Wright is more open being away one more year.
You clowns have no idea what uk does for a college coach. 5 different coaches with titles. None of them were NC coaches before they came to uk. The best next year scenario is firing cal now and if it’s an issue finding a coach. Pay Dan Issel to coach as interim for a year. This isn’t brain surgery. The coach is there though it’s a cal team talking point. He made himself bigger than uk bb no barney made cal bigger both will pay the price

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Dead weight assistants have to go, encourage players to return and get older ones through the portal. All of that is fine, but did UK not just go through this with one of the most experienced teams returning the reigning NPOY Oscar, Toppin, Wheeler & Fredrick, brought in Reeves all seniors for the 2022-23 team. Lost more games and a 2nd Round loss to Kansas State.

The change has to start with Calipari. I honestly believe he is the one standing in his own way from being a successful coach again due to his stubbornness. Cal has brought back Coach O when the recruiting slacked off, hired Chin Coleman and later John Welch to revamp the offense. How many of these guys are still here next year remains to be seen. Where Cal is lacking is being a good x's and o's in-game coach. That is not something that is all of a sudden going to change for a coach as bullheaded as Cal and in their mid-60s.

An ego like Cal needs to acknowledge there is an issue first and for once listen to the input of new assistants brought in. That's fixable in theory but not something I ever see him doing so we are stuck in the same loop. Rinse and repeat, year after year. Also, don't see Calipari putting in the extra time himself breaking down film when his mindset going into the tournament as always, 'we're going to focus on what we do best' and hope it is good enough. It isn't anymore.

You clowns have no idea what uk does for a college coach. 5 different coaches with titles. None of them were NC coaches before they came to uk. The best next year scenario is firing cal now and if it’s an issue finding a coach. Pay Dan Issel to coach as interim for a year. This isn’t brain surgery. The coach is there though it’s a cal team talking point. He made himself bigger than uk bb no barney made cal bigger both will pay the price
Right, you hire a 75 year old who hasn’t coached in 30 years to come in for a year. Where do these people come from?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT