ADVERTISEMENT

Will Wade (LSU) sounds as dirty as anyone.

Ole will wade will be out of a job by the end of the year, if not sooner. You wonder what he gave waters to come to lsu.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Absolutely no one should be shocked.

Same with dude at Vandy.
This. We all knew Bryce Drew was getting those kids paid . I mean come on. Anytime an odd ball team , whether it be ole miss in football or Vandy in basketball add a bunch of top 10-20 recruits all of a sudden it is very evident what has happened.

This. We all knew Bryce Drew was getting those kids paid . I mean come on. Anytime an odd ball team , whether it be ole miss in football or Vandy in basketball add a bunch of top 10-20 recruits all of a sudden it is very evident what has happened.
What is interesting about Vandy is that they didn’t drop admission standards for athletes, that is how we got Ron Mercer. My guess is that policy has changed!

LSU. Poor LSU. They are about to be the goat that takes all of the NCAA punishment off of KU and Puke. Granted it sounds like they deserve to be hammered, but so should KU and maybe Duke if it’s shown that they paid Zion. I can just see the NCAA using an SEC school as their example while saying not enough evidence at KU or Duke to do much.

I've heard that about Wade for some time. Vandy getting 5 stars suddenly, their coach is Bryce Drew, the brother of Scott Drew, who we know has been paying for players for years. Bama already implicated. Auburn had an asst arrested. Now we see how the SEC became so good so quick.

Last edited:
ShallowPrestigiousKitten-small.gif

Reactions: crpoore
He also tore his ACL in late December or early January weeks before the McDAA’s were announce and still made the team. Took a spot Herro could’ve used.

Harry Giles never played his senior year of high school and still made the McDonald’s All-American game. Julius Randle only played the last couple games of the state tournament and made it.

There’s a precedent for it.

What is interesting about Vandy is that they didn’t drop admission standards for athletes, that is how we got Ron Mercer. My guess is that policy has changed!

I can say without a doubt that policy has been dead in the water for years. My daughter applied there last year with a 3.97 GPA, top 10 in her class at Paducah Tilghman, a 31 on her ACT and was in the bottom quarter of the applicant pool. According to their online app process, she had a 3.4% chance to be accepted. She wasn't even close.

Last edited:
I can say without a doubt that policy has been dead in the water for years. My daughter applied there last year with a 3.97 GPA, top 10 in her class at Paducah Tilghman and a 31 on her ACT and was in the bottom quarter of the applicant pool. According to their online app process, she had a 3.4% chance to be accepted. She wasn't even close.

Should of donated money ... that would of gotten her in the top quarter.

Once the judge heard a current player from Duke was involved, he was told to stop anymore evidence coming into the trial. That about sums it up.
While I’ll agree the NCAA is going to do what it can to protect Duke I don’t the FBI cares in the least.

Word during the summer was Shittu had a hand out. We backed off. Strangely winds up at Vandy.

Very possible but leave Vandy alone for a bit. If things are that way with them, they will hang themselves. They aren't that smart...

Haha true. She ended up getting a big scholarship to Transy, where my annual income was in the bottom 18% of families. I could donate my entire year's salary and not impress the Vandy crowd lol.

Ah the joys of being a State employee.

At least she had a 31 on her ACT to get a big scholarship. My daughter who had a high GPA while taking dual credit classes her Jr and SR year could only muster a 24 on her ACT. (She is terrible with timed test) Anyway, she had very few scholarship offers because most of the bigger ones start at 25-27 and higher. So guess who will have a crap load of student loans and out of pocket cost?

At least she had a 31 on her ACT to get a big scholarship. My daughter who had a high GPA while taking dual credit classes her Jr and SR year could only muster a 24 on her ACT. (She is terrible with timed test) Anyway, she had very few scholarship offers because most of the bigger ones start at 25-27 and higher. So guess who will have a crap load of student loans and out of pocket cost?

She took it three times starting in her jr year. 29, 28 and then 31 her senior year. Fees are out of hand these days. $24k a year for Murray Crap University on an 8k scholly (I went there so I can say that), $26k for UK (she was offered $2000 there, very disappointed in UK) and $55k for Transy. After a $27k scholly from Transy, they were the obvious (and cheapest choice). Our student loans are $17k per year after a few small grants. Bad but could be much worse. Centre College sent her a $24k scholarship offer even though she never finished their app process. Kinda funny as they kept sending letters asking for her to accept without officially applying for a scholly. They must be hurting for enrollment.

My daughter did the dual credit thing too. Some of the final tests were so difficult, most of the students failed and never got college credit. Where did your daughter end up going?

She took it three times starting in her jr year. 29, 28 and then 31 her senior year. Fees are out of hand these days. $24k a year for Murray Crap University on an 8k scholly (I went there so I can say that), $26k for UK (she was offered $2000 there, very disappointed in UK) and $55k for Transy. After a $27k scholly from Transy, they were the obvious (and cheapest choice). Our student loans are $17k per year after a few small grants. Bad but could be much worse. Centre College sent her a $24k scholarship offer even though she never finished their app process. Kinda funny as they kept sending letters asking for her to accept without officially applying for a scholly. They must be hurting for enrollment.

My daughter did the dual credit thing too. Some of the final tests were so difficult, most of the students failed and never got college credit. Where did your daughter end up going?

She is finishing up her Associates at Somerset Community College this year and transferring to Tennessee Tech next year.

Reactions: Macy's socks
I can say without a doubt that policy has been dead in the water for years. My daughter applied there last year with a 3.97 GPA, top 10 in her class at Paducah Tilghman, a 31 on her ACT and was in the bottom quarter of the applicant pool. According to their online app process, she had a 3.4% chance to be accepted. She wasn't even close.
I was going to go there and play tennis in 1995 and the school didn't admit me, ended up getting a scholarship at WKU, but at the time Vandy was not giving any breaks to athletes, even Mercer.

He may be an unemployed boss in a few months.
You are nuts if you think LSU will fire him over speculation. The tape wasn’t played in court. All hearsay. Let me know when there is proof Wade paid players. The recruit in question didn’t commit or sign to LSU. We backed off the kid.

You are nuts if you think LSU will fire him over speculation. The tape wasn’t played in court. All hearsay. Let me know when there is proof Wade paid players. The recruit in question didn’t commit or sign to LSU. We backed off the kid.

You backed off him? or, you got outbid for him?

Btw...the transcript off the phone call was read in court....it is not hearsay.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT