ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know how I can reach a mod?

I was banned for a day and still don't understand the reason
I've just been checking. I wasn't the one who banned you, but it looks like it may have been related to an interaction you had with another poster regarding Pope's recruiting and then the back and forth that followed. It was in the thread entitled "Chaz Lanier."

Reactions: BBUK
Well I wish they would get as upset at Catfather and the Fred flintstone poster who constantly bashes me.

Well I wish they would get as upset at Catfather and the Fred flintstone poster who constantly bashes me.
I hear you. I was looking at that thread and there were a couple other posters who were giving you grief. But the good news is, it was just a one day ban, which is pretty much the mildest you can get. 👍

Another poster gave some good advice. Self report and ask the question. That way all moderators see it and your question can also be answered privately if you wish.

Who asked you....? I think,...😉

• Wow
Reactions: jedwar
I just read that thread and personally didn't see anything ban worthy. Maybe the mod deleted some of your posts though.

There are so many players we contact I missed that thread anyways.

I think it's important to note if you say anything other than sunshine pumping bonanza about Pope or UK basketball at present you are gonna get attacked by other posters.

I just read that thread and personally didn't see anything ban worthy. Maybe the mod deleted some of your posts though.

I think it's important to note if you say anything other than sunshine pumping bonanza about Pope or UK basketball at present you are gonna get attacked by other posters.
Yeah, there was at least one post that was deleted.

Hey, while this goober has you here, is there any way I can reclaim my older username? I no longer have access to the e-mail address so no way to recover the password but I sure do miss it.
I don't have that ability. User names are a rivals issue, not a CatsIllustrated issue. To my knowledge, our mods can't delete or restore user names. I'll ask a couple others, though. They may know something I don't.

Are you posting from experience? If you attack the new coach before he is on the job a month, you deserve whatever happens. Lol

Are you posting from experience? If you attack the new coach before he is on the job a month, you deserve whatever happens. Lol

The main things I've seen are questioning some of the signings and that thus far (granted it is early) it has been a little underwhelming. There is still plenty of time though.

My main beef is with barney. I think he is lazy and atrocious.

Reactions: track42
Message boards are so far from normal conversations. If we were all face to face discussing things it would be peaceful. We might get a little mad about interaction but 9 times out of 10 we would think about what we are going to say, tone it down a time or three before saying it. Here we all have trigger fingers and as soon as our feelings get hurt we reciprocate just as quick. In old days before internet we would call each other Telephone Tough Guys. Guys that would blow up on the phone, make the quick statement i will be at x in 10 minutes come get some..., now we have people all over the US if not world on boards and we all are the Tech Tough Guys, cause we all know that 99% cannot go meet to take care of rude or bad behavior.

If there was a way to wait 1 minute between those interactions it might help or might make it worse. But mods have to slap us on the wrist to quell some of the attitudes that we all (Mods included) can show.

Then you have others that come on just to blow up a fanbase. Start crap (flip you off) and continue down the road. No way to fix most of this in real time. Once AI takes over (which is quick when talking about internet communication), it will really start to shut all things considered bad / not PC / type things down. Enjoy the freedom of this communication why you can and consider others when blowing up.

Rant over.

Message boards are so far from normal conversations. If we were all face to face discussing things it would be peaceful. We might get a little mad about interaction but 9 times out of 10 we would think about what we are going to say, tone it down a time or three before saying it. Here we all have trigger fingers and as soon as our feelings get hurt we reciprocate just as quick. In old days before internet we would call each other Telephone Tough Guys. Guys that would blow up on the phone, make the quick statement i will be at x in 10 minutes come get some..., now we have people all over the US if not world on boards and we all are the Tech Tough Guys, cause we all know that 99% cannot go meet to take care of rude or bad behavior.

If there was a way to wait 1 minute between those interactions it might help or might make it worse. But mods have to slap us on the wrist to quell some of the attitudes that we all (Mods included) can show.

Then you have others that come on just to blow up a fanbase. Start crap (flip you off) and continue down the road. No way to fix most of this in real time. Once AI takes over (which is quick when talking about internet communication), it will really start to shut all things considered bad / not PC / type things down. Enjoy the freedom of this communication why you can and consider others when blowing up.

Rant over.
Great post! I know there have been times when I wish I had waited before responding to baiting posts. I am not sure that your post will make as big a difference to the masses as it should, but it certainly stopped me in my tracks and gave me something to think about before responding to posts.

Is questioning a recruit as a starter really bashing Pope?I could see if I called Pope names or something but talking about recruiting seems fair game on a message board.

Another poster gave some good advice. Self report and ask the question. That way all moderators see it and your question can also be answered privately if you wish.
Where is the fun with that? Make every case public!

Monty Python GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT