ADVERTISEMENT

Will media vilify UNC and NCAA ?

FrankUnderwood

All-American
Gold Member
May 26, 2017
Bluegrass State!
do you all think there will be any fallout over the NCAA blatantly cheating and covering up for uncs decades long academic scandal?

I’ve noticed a lot of talking heads (even Dick V) somewhat bashing UNC / NCAA . A couple articles/ blogs here and there . Are there more ?

Do you think this will have negative consequences for the image of NCAA and UNC?

do you all think there will be any fallout over the NCAA blatantly cheating and covering up for uncs decades long academic scandal?

I’ve noticed a lot of talking heads (even Dick V) somewhat bashing UNC / NCAA . A couple articles/ blogs here and there . Are there more ?

Do you think this will have negative consequences for the image of NCAA and UNC?
Only if Trump takes their side

Reactions: blubo

Vitale has already changed his tune.

Half the talking heads haven't bothered to read up on the facts and try to fully understand what happened. Yesterday on ATH two of the panelists gave the whole story a "pffftt, easy classes exist at every school. Not sure why it's a story!". They didn't bother to look at the most basic facts and understand it was not about easy classes, but about an entire sham major. No course work, no mandatory classroom attendance, no tests, and fake grades given out by a secretary in the department....for 18 years!

Too many empty shirts with loud mouths and catch phrases in broadcast media and not enough actual journalism and reporting skills on display.

Nope. All the espn talking heads all carried the party line for unc:

Classes were wrong, but not punishable.

Most launched into tweets soon as the ruling was released. Except Bilas, who was basically UNC paid propaganda.

Nope. All the espn talking heads all carried the party line for unc:

Classes were wrong, but not punishable.

Most launched into tweets soon as the ruling was released. Except Bilas, who was basically UNC paid propaganda.

And they were not punishable because UNC having admitted they were fraudulent, later changed their tune.

UNC: "We broke the rules."

NCAA: "OK, banners come down, postseason ban, loss of scholarships."

UNC: "I mean, no we didn't."

NCAA: "Sounds good. Next!"

Reactions: musrat59
And they were not punishable because UNC having admitted they were fraudulent, later changed their tune.

Darn good summation.

Reactions: Aike

Yep. Claimed it was typo lol.

Reactions: Aike
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT