ADVERTISEMENT

The NCAA National Champion will be in this list

jimmybuffet123

Freshman
Jun 22, 2011
Hi Everyone,

On the broadcast yesterday, I noticed Dykes said the last 20 champions were in the AP top 12 in the week 6 poll.

Zona

Kansas

Houston

Uconn

Unc

Gonzaga

Tennessee

Oklahoma

Purdue

Baylor

Marquette

Creighton

For me,

I’m not sure Oklahoma or Creighton really have the pedigree or recent success to get over the hump.

For all my gamblers out there and fans that have watched these teams more than myself, who are your projected top 5 to win the chip out of this list?

I’m going…

Uconn
Houston
Purdue
Kansas
Zona

I think one of those will cut the nets in April

Valentines Day Love GIF by dieselraptor

According to Kenpom right now there are only 6 teams. 20/20. If you expand that to 25/25 then you add Marquette and Creighton just outside. Gonzaga is 26th in D or they'd make the list

The 6 would be:

Houston
Arizona
Purdue
UConn
BYU
Auburn

UK is currently 12 and 46 respectively

Does anyone have more upside than UK though. I don't see it. UK can be as good as they want to be if they just shore up the defense.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Last twenty champs:
UConn
Ku
Baylor
Ginny
Nova
UNC
Nova
Duke
UConn
Vacated
UK
UConn
Duke
UNC
Ku
Floriduh
Floriduh
UNC
UConn
Syracuse

Are you telling me Maryland wasn't in the top 12? Duke? You would probably have to go back to 1997 to have a champion that wasn't in the top 12.

Last twenty champs:
UConn
Ku
Baylor
Ginny
Nova
UNC
Nova
Duke
UConn
Vacated
UK
UConn
Duke
UNC
Ku
Floriduh
Floriduh
UNC
UConn
Syracuse

Are you telling me Maryland wasn't in the top 12? Duke? You would probably have to go back to 1997 to have a champion that wasn't in the top 12.
That 2014 UConn team wasn’t in the Top 12 was it?

Just think, this troll has been here since 2011. You have to laugh at this Louisville fans effort, especially after getting completely embarrassed yesterday!!! 😆😆😆
Lol Ive been on rooting on UK since before many of the board was alive at this point. I’m just saying based on the metric that every champion has come from that list. All streaks must come to an end, and I hope like hell Uk does it. As a principle and for superstition, I never pick UK to win it all. Dont want to jinx it :).

Does UL even have any fans left TO troll? They seem kinda apathetic and sad at this point

Hi Everyone,

On the broadcast yesterday, I noticed Dykes said the last 20 champions were in the AP top 12 in the week 6 poll.

Zona

Kansas

Houston

Uconn

Unc

Gonzaga

Tennessee

Oklahoma

Purdue

Baylor

Marquette

Creighton

For me,

I’m not sure Oklahoma or Creighton really have the pedigree or recent success to get over the hump.

For all my gamblers out there and fans that have watched these teams more than myself, who are your projected top 5 to win the chip out of this list?

I’m going…

Uconn
Houston
Purdue
Kansas
Zona

Get…the actual phuq, out of here.

Hi Everyone,

Zona

Kansas

Houston

Uconn

Unc

Gonzaga

Tennessee

Oklahoma

Purdue

Baylor

Marquette

Creighton

For me,

I’m going…

Uconn
Houston
Purdue
Kansas
Zona

I think your analysis sucks.

And if number 15 from week 6 wins it all this year, next year Dykes will say, “the last 20 champions have been ranked in the top 15 in week 6.”

That’s how statistics like those work.

I think it’s referred to as “moving the goal posts” or something like that.

Hi Everyone,

Zona

Kansas

Houston

Uconn

Unc

Gonzaga

Tennessee

Oklahoma

Purdue

Baylor

Marquette

Creighton

For me,

I’m going…

Uconn
Houston
Purdue
Kansas
Zona

For what’s it worth we were just outside in week 6 and should probably stay within that the rest of the year. I absolutely believe we have a chance this year.

The fact that it says to use Week 6 (although that's pretty abitarary to fit a point) it does bring up an interesting point.

Many realize computer models get better as the season goes on.
What no one discusses is that the AP poll (and other human polls) tend to get WORSE.

Humans overreact too much to wins/losses. It causes them to be more correct about the talent of teams in the beginning of the season than they do at the end.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT