ADVERTISEMENT

Where do you expect UK to land in the new AP poll today?

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
247 thinks UK moves from #17 to #14.

14. Kentucky Wildcats

Last week's ranking: No. 17

Welcome to the logjam of quality SEC teams. A wild week in the conference saw Kentucky lose to LSU at the buzzer and then expose Alabama with a 117-point explosion. Auburn bounced back from the loss to the Wildcats with a win over Georgia while the Crimson Tide handled Florida in a shootout prior to the setback against Kentucky. Got all of that? Alabama and Tennessee are tied atop the SEC standings with Auburn one game back of first and Kentucky two.

Somewhere in the mid to high teens.

Way lower than they should be if they should just be consistent.

I don’t think we move much because so many teams lost. Probably 16-17. I know I don’t know where to rank us after last week.

I wouldn't be surprised at us moving in either direction.

If I had to guess we go up 1 to #16

Reactions: chroix

14. Kentucky Wildcats

Welcome to the logjam of quality SEC teams. A wild week in the conference saw Kentucky lose to LSU at the buzzer and then expose Alabama with a 117-point explosion. Auburn bounced back from the loss to the Wildcats with a win over Georgia while the Crimson Tide handled Florida in a shootout prior to the setback against Kentucky. Got all of that? Alabama and Tennessee are tied atop the SEC standings with Auburn one game back of first and Kentucky two.
i think that is about right
sadly even if we win out i am not sure the selection committee will do us any favors (they never do)
i would love for us to get a 3 seed but i think we get a 4 seed in the same region as Purdue

I think we stay right around 17. Maybe a slight bump up, but wouldn’t even be surprised if they drop UK a spot for another team.

Now that is one garbage top 25.
Kenan Thompson Yes GIF by Paramount+

Reactions: chroix
i think that is about right
sadly even if we win out i am not sure the selection committee will do us any favors (they never do)
i would love for us to get a 3 seed but i think we get a 4 seed in the same region as Purdue

Good. Purdue will lose before sweet 16 anyways.

Reactions: mebeblue2
Probably 19-22. I think voters will weigh the blown 15 point lead at LSU more than the asskicking of Alabama

Probably 19-22. I think voters will weigh the blown 15 point lead at LSU more than the asskicking of Alabama
I don't think voters look that closely at the details of games. At most they may see that we lost on a buzzer beater. I also think in general if you split 2 games during the week, you are better off to have won the more recent weekend game than the mid-week game. Also this year, teams (even top 25) are almost expected to lose road games. Lastly, we didn't just beat Alabama, we pounded them. It wasn't as close as the 22 points reflects, although voters will probably just see the 22 points, but that still is enough to say we pounded them.

16-17. They are going to need to string together 4 straight leading up to TN before we crack the top 12-15 I believe. Most voters are like us fans, wait and see if we are truly coming together.

14. Kentucky Wildcats

12-15 range. If we held on and LSU misses that last shot we'd have been top 10.

15 or 16. We just need to win the remaining games necessary to get a 4 or 5 seed in the NCAA tourney.

If we miss on the double bye I'm not sure the wear n tear is worth trying for an SEC tournament title.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT