ADVERTISEMENT

How long will the UK brass be patient with John Calipari?

You don't think the 2020 team would have a really good shot at a final 4. Covid year, you have a bug up your ass about this one. Experienced teams were going to dominate. No way to get any simulance of team building is going to take place with a young team. The past 2 years. The chemistry wasn't there and the teams that were put together were 100% on Cal. He's tried to fix all the problems that existed this year.

PJ hits his free throws and we're in another final 4. So no not over the last 6 years has he failed. 2 of the those yes.
What If, what if, what if, what if, what if.

Nothing but excuses and what if's.

No team with Hagans running pg was going to win anything. That team barely squeaked by a bad Florida squad. Calipari lost to Saint Peters, K-State 2018, K-state 2023 and Auburn 2019 with better teams than 2020 UK.

No team with Hagans running pg was going to win anything. That team barely squeaked by a bad Florida squad. Calipari lost to Saint Peters, K-State 2018, K-state 2023 and Auburn 2019 with better teams than 2020 UK.
Hagans was a massive issue for that team. Maxey played great at florida but cal would have gone back to hagans like he did wheeler.

Hagans was a massive issue for that team. Maxey played great at florida but cal would have gone back to hagans like he did wheeler.
Exactly right. Hagans was his guy, he wasn't going to toss him in the trash.

Thing is, I liked Hagans, but I knew he had limitations and if he was running point, that team was only going as far as Maxey and IQ could take them from the off pg positions.

All your what ifs, how does that translate to bad coaching and bad teams? Your expectations are through the roof. When did you start complaing about the Tubby years? Like I've always said, you feel entitled. But you're just a fan and a bad one at that lol. Better than 2020, just your opinion.

You don't think the 2020 team would have a really good shot at a final 4. Covid year, you have a bug up your ass about this one. Experienced teams were going to dominate. No way to get any simulance of team building is going to take place with a young team. The past 2 years. The chemistry wasn't there and the teams that were put together were 100% on Cal. He's tried to fix all the problems that existed this year.

PJ hits his free throws and we're in another final 4. So no not over the last 6 years has he failed. 2 of the those yes.
It's amazing how much Cal defenders will bend themselves into pretzels and use moral victories to justify the last 6 years.

You just argued (I think) that a young team isn't going to get it done. So this year should be another failure.

All your what ifs, how does that translate to bad coaching and bad teams? Your expectations are through the roof. When did you start complaing about the Tubby years? Like I've always said, you feel entitled. But you're just a fan and a bad one at that lol. Better than 2020, just your opinion.
Someone who is concerned about the fact that we haven't gone to a final four since 2015 and you kneejerk call them a bad fan.

You're really bad at this.

My expectations are through the roof? You're kidding, right?

Cal has been losing at a historic level. His record against ranked teams is 12-26 over the last 5 years.

He went 9-16

He lost to a 15 seed.

He had a 12 loss season last year with a NPOY 3 NBA players and a lottery pick on the team.

He has lost to the likes of Tom Crean (multiple times), Mike White, Walter McCarty, Bruce Weber and whoever the coach is now at South Carolina (at home).

He hasn't been to a FF in going on 9 years.

And you think my expectations are too high??? This is UK, not Georgia.

Cal has been losing at a historic level. His record against ranked teams is 12-26 over the last 5 years.

He went 9-16

He lost to a 15 seed.

He had a 12 loss season last year with a NPOY 3 NBA players and a lottery pick on the team.

He has lost to the likes of Tom Crean (multiple times), Mike White, Walter McCarty, Bruce Weber and whoever the coach is now at South Carolina (at home).

These people are chr-oh-ling at this point with the obtuse posts. You are far more patient than I am.

These people are chr-oh-ling at this point with the obtuse posts. You are far more patient than I am.
I can't believe how oblivious these people are. The only reasonable explanation is that they are not long time UK fans. None of what Cal is doing, is Okay, aside from the great humanitarian things he has done for Haiti and the Western KY tornados. Those were great things.

However, turning UK into THEE one-and-done school and putting UK behind individual players that are only here to leave as fast as possible, was bad enough, but his performance since signing his big deal, that made him rich, is not okay. Then, the cherries on top were the kneeling, barking back at the fans while losing at a historic rate, hiding from the media and fans and of course, the Shaedon Sharpe fiasco. It’s just too much and it's indefensible.

you would think some are smart enough to wait until this season plays out
The entire point is that they just did wait for six consecutive seasons to play out. Why is it that also waiting out this one more season is the mark of intelligence?

Hypothetically, on the tiny distant off chance that the mediocrity continues and we underwhelm this season too, will waiting out the next season become the new mark of intelligence? And then the season after that? Is there any ordinal numbered season following a sequence of consecutive failed seasons such that it is not the mark of intelligence to also wait out that one more season too? With all other courses of action being foolish? Or is always doing the same thing and expecting different results on a season the definition of intelligence?

I had heard that was the definition of something else.

Indiana fans just got done waiting for their forty-sixth consecutive season to play out. Do you think Cal will be able to have us catch them in intelligence?

The entire point is that they just did wait for six consecutive seasons to play out. Why is it that also waiting out this one more season is the mark of intelligence?

Hypothetically, on the tiny distant off chance that the mediocrity continues and we underwhelm this season too, will waiting out the next season become the new mark of intelligence? And then the season after that? Is there any ordinal numbered season following a sequence of consecutive failed seasons such that it is not the mark of intelligence to also wait out that one more season too? With all other courses of action being foolish? Or is always doing the same thing and expecting different results on a season the definition of intelligence?

I had heard that was the definition of something else.

Indiana fans just got done waiting for their forty-sixth consecutive season to play out. Do you think Cal will be able to have us catch them in intelligence?
THIS… .THIS RIGHT HERE.

you would think some are smart enough to wait until this season plays out
but i guess they have to get their digs in now because they may not be able to later
The go-to fallback of the Cal supporter. And then at the end of the season it's "Cal can't shoot free throws for the players LOL"

When is the last time it backfired on the fans? Cal hasn't done anything even close to relevant in 5 years. Do you enjoy your imaginary 2 seed banner from 2022? Or your "We were a title contender but COVID LOL" banner from 2020?

He went 9-16

He lost to a 15 seed.

Mic drop.

Reactions: kyjeff1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT