ADVERTISEMENT

Where are all the cocky cock fans?

Sep 20, 2021
Their fans usually flock to free boards to voice their vast superiority over our program. They have had exactly 1 period in their history of good football. The old balls coach, Steve S. Their program is a notch below lowly UK at the present, even though they claim their recruiting advantage is the be all end all. USCe has and will always be the second best program in their state. We are and will always be, the best football program in our state. It will however, be a slugfest this Saturday night. UK 24 USCe 21.

Reactions: BlueGlasses12
They know what's coming Saturday night.

giphy.gif

Their fans usually flock to free boards to voice their vast superiority over our program. They have had exactly 1 period in their history of good football. The old balls coach, Steve S. Their program is a notch below lowly UK at the present, even though they claim their recruiting advantage is the be all end all. USCe has and will always be the second best program in their state. We are and will always be, the best football program in our state. It will however, be a slugfest this Saturday night. UK 24 USCe 21.
We are, hopefully always will be, but haven't always been. Lets state the truth, for a large period of time, Louisville was a much better football program than us. Luckily for us, their whole athletic department was dirty and their AD got fired, and the program has collapsed while we've risen up, but we gotta remember where we were, to avoid going back there.

I’ve seen some pretty cocky ones in different places, they quote the FPI and the UTC game for the confidence boost. They forget they didn’t exactly look like world beaters aganist ECU, but hey that was two weeks ago.

Going through 5 years of Muschamp will beat a fan base down. Many of us have a serious lack of "give a damn." Still pull for the Cocks hard, but until we see real evidence of pulling ourselves out of the wretched pit created by The Muschamp, we're all kinda living with bad PTSD.
if nothing else your new coach has good pedigree son of a good coach worked under some really good coaches.

Reactions: UKat1
We are, hopefully always will be, but haven't always been. Lets state the truth, for a large period of time, Louisville was a much better football program than us. Luckily for us, their whole athletic department was dirty and their AD got fired, and the program has collapsed while we've risen up, but we gotta remember where we were, to avoid going back there.
At this point in this season I think they (u6)would give us all we want.

At this point in this season I think they (u6)would give us all we want.
They might, guess we'll see at the end of the year, my post was more in reference to the guy I quoted saying we are and always will be the best football program in the state. It really just takes 1 big scandal or 1 wrong move in the coaching staff, and we can fall right back to where we were at one time, below Louisville and even at some points Western for best football program in the state.

Loserville had for awhile alot of years of winning records. Let's be honest they played in a crap league and not the SEC. And yea they kicked our ass alot of those years. But alot of those years to be honest with the teams we had we didn't really belong in the SEC.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
Loserville had for awhile alot of years of winning records. Let's be honest they played in a crap league and not the SEC. And yea they kicked our ass alot of those years. But alot of those years to be honest with the teams we had we didn't really belong in the SEC.
Exactly, which is why we cant claim we always have been and always will be the better program, because we haven't. And if we get the attitude that we always will be better, we're asking for a Tennessee like fall from grace. You have to remember where you came from to avoid going back there.

We don't want to become the program the brought itself out of the gutter, and because of attitude got home sick and went back to the gutter.

Going through 5 years of Muschamp will beat a fan base down. Many of us have a serious lack of "give a damn." Still pull for the Cocks hard, but until we see real evidence of pulling ourselves out of the wretched pit created by The Muschamp, we're all kinda living with bad PTSD.
I was dumbfounded when they hired Muschamp. If couldn't t win at Fla, how the hell was he going to win at SC

Love your screen name. lol. Spurrier was great for the sec and this rivalry. Hope Beamer can bring those glory years back to Carolina. Our program’s both have a lot going for them.

In all seriousness, their football tradition is only marginally better than ours (and we’re catching up). Certainly nothing to puff their chests out too much. Granted, some very solid years under Holtz and some flat out great years under Spurrier. Aside from that, a similar tradition. See for yourself at the Wikipedia link below. Go to the Head Coaches section to see the records.

I disagree a little we need to keep looking forward forget the past that gives naysayers a chance to speak we need to shut down that group go cats kick butt

I think Muschamp was to USCe what Bill Curry was to U.K., absent the “real decent human being” angle possessed by Curry.

I identify with Cock fans: we’ve seen some pathetic football in our time. . . I had season tickets from Curry until today.
I go back a little farther, but that’s unimportant. I just love the sport of football. Have been going to uk games since Stoll field. I can definitely relate to the Gamecocks. This run currently with Stoops is what the cocks are hoping and dreaming Beamer can usher them into. I like this rivalry with the Gamecocks and this weeks game is going to be fun to watch.

I think Muschamp was to USCe what Bill Curry was to U.K., absent the “real decent human being” angle possessed by Curry.

I identify with Cock fans: we’ve seen some pathetic football in our time. . . I had season tickets from Curry until today.
At least you have your storied basketball program to fall back on.……….Add Clemson’s recent success to the equation and It’s been a rough ride since Spurrier left.

Joe Morrison had South Carolina ranked Number 1 at one time. To my knowledge we have never been ranked higher than #5. And George Rogers won the Heisman. So their program has done some stuff that we never have.
UK won the 1950 national championship in one the polls.

Reactions: BigBlueKat

Curry's '93 squad was a pretty entertaining watch & a pretty good team.

I did rather like the black facemasks on the white helmet with the giant 'K' he used, as well.
Joe Morrison had South Carolina ranked Number 1 at one time. To my knowledge we have never been ranked higher than #5. And George Rogers won the Heisman. So their program has done some stuff that we never have.
I REALLY hate to correct you on this, but...........Morrison's '84 team only rose to #2. Would have gotten to number 1 in November that year but decided to get blown out at freakin' Navy.

Reactions: Kingseve1
Curry's '93 squad was a pretty entertaining watch & a pretty good team.

I did rather like the black facemasks on the white helmet with the giant 'K' he used, as well.

I REALLY hate to correct you on this, but...........Morrison's '84 team only rose to #2. Would have gotten to number 1 in November that year but decided to get blown out at freakin' Navy.

You are correct. Remember it like yesterday. We were #2. Then #1 lost that day. Beat Navy and we are #1. Laid an egg then beat clemsux the following week. Never got to #1. SC’s best period was four straight years with three of those we finished in the top 10 under Spurrier (the 3rd one at #4) From 2010 - 2013. We beat clemsux 5 straight. But that’s a distant memory these days.

Here is to an injury free game on both sides. i hope the Gamecocks win of course, then KY wins the rest of their games😀

At least you have your storied basketball program to fall back on.……….Add Clemson’s recent success to the equation and It’s been a rough ride since Spurrier left.
Actually, basketball has been a handicap to us due to the dumb ADs we’ve had.

At least you guys don’t have to compete w basketball

Reactions: FightinRooster
You are correct. Remember it like yesterday. We were #2. Then #1 lost that day. Beat Navy and we are #1. Laid an egg then beat clemsux the following week. Never got to #1. SC’s best period was four straight years with three of those we finished in the top 10 under Spurrier (the 3rd one at #4) From 2010 - 2013. We beat clemsux 5 straight. But that’s a distant memory these days.

Here is to an injury free game on both sides. i hope the Gamecocks win of course, then KY wins the rest of their games😀
Wasn’t it Morrison who suggested the 2001 Entrance??

In all seriousness, their football tradition is only marginally better than ours (and we’re catching up). Certainly nothing to puff their chests out too much. Granted, some very solid years under Holtz and some flat out great years under Spurrier. Aside from that, a similar tradition. See for yourself at the Wikipedia link below. Go to the Head Coaches section to see the records.

The bloviated self-worth vs past reality ratio for USC Jr fans, not all but generally speaking, is by far the most out of whack in the SEC. You would think that the fans of a team that has lost to another as much as they have lost to us this decade would result in some humility and respect for the opponent, but the majority of posting fans consider us virtually an automatics win at the beginning of the year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT