ADVERTISEMENT

I dont understand all of the negativity at this point

Cal has a phenomenal team but he failed to address major holes in the off-season which lead to this team being very vulnerable to an early out. I think we are sick or seeing talent wasted rinse and repeat. He hasn’t won squat in a long time and he doesn’t seem business at all. He seems like he just enjoys coaching but doesn’t care if we win or not. You cannot be successful unless you hate losing and cal lost that edge long ago. We are staring at a likely 4-5 seed which means we will have difficult games the entire way. I mean we are in tubby territory for far longer with low seeded teams and teams being bounced early. Although I would say with this talent tubby would have lost 3 maybe 4 games less. That’s the negativity. Having several nba players and not prepared for the tournament it’s the story of Cals tenure. Talent to the hilt and no titles. I think a lot of people have been waiting to see the defense come around the rebounding come around it hasn’t and the regular season is about to end. Anyone who watches march bb knows you don’t win titles playing defense like us. Fun to watch? Ok. The coach though did not build a winning team and next year we will be far worse. This was supposed to be the season and we could end up a 4-5 seed. Pathetic. The only positive take I have is this. We lose early in the tourney and cal is canned leaves I don’t care. Worst case we make an elite 8 and cal spins it as some massive success we’re back and all that shit. He failed to adapt to where college basketball is today and we are year in and year out paying the price while certain teams now have taken our spot namely teams we love like UT (which has supplanted UK as THE program right now in the SEC) UCONN who I wouldn’t be surprised to see catch us in titles if Cals remains, and others. We are no longer in the thick of things when it comes to title contention. We are just another top 25 program now. It’s so infuriating and this season was supposed to be different. It will end up a 10 loss season and sweet sixteen at best imo.

You're preaching to the choir with me. I've been taking this same kind of approach most of the season. This team has more potential to make a Final Four than any we've had since 2015. We are what we are. The defense is not great. I do think the team has shown the ability to get some stops when needed, though. We've been saying the team doesn't need to be great defensively, but just a little bit better. Cal had said we needed to get 10% better. I think we're getting close to that. I know the Arkansas game brings that into question but even in that one, when it came to crunch time we got stops and turned a deficit into a 9pt lead. I'm cheering on the team without reservation. I don't care who gets any credit for it.

If this team will just take it on themselves to up the defensive pressure from time to time it will disrupt the flow of the other teams game. (Should allow "our" players to even laugh a little and take the pressure off.) I see this team being able to do that....but.....

Reactions: IL Wildcat
This one of the stupidest posts I’ve seen in a while. Are you dense enough to think that people are upset because we haven’t been winning the championship every single year? Do better!
Read post #56 ! That's who I was responding to...not you!

DO BETTER - PLEASE READ AND KNOW THE CONTEXT OF THE POST BEFORE YOU ATTACK SOMEONE PERSONALLY.

Reactions: CatsFanIL
No, to some of you it is. Winning is not everything. Not everyone can win everything. It's just impossible.
No to most of us it is, Coach Rupp started this thing years ago of trying to win every game. All the coaches that followed him have tried to do the same thing, up. Until Cal. We who have been fans for awhile liked that tradition, we find it hard to think any other way.

This team has a ton of potential to go far. However, watching Vandy fly by the UK defense with almost no resistance does not fire up much hope for getting to a Final Four. You have to play on the ball defense to beat some of the more polished teams and I just don’t see it happening with this group. They play AAU and NBA styles which is great if you can out score everyone. Tennessee is a good example of a team that will shut down an inside/outside game. They can also score in waves. Hope I am wrong and the Cats rise to the level of expectations….GBB!

in the season.

No reason to focus on our shortcomings defensively. This team and program is what it is and will be under Cal. Try to enjoy what's left of these Wildcats the rest of their time here.

Cheer em on to the best of your ability as if they were your kids or grandkids, knowing that after Saturday their next game could be their last in the tourney. Nothing is going to change between now and then.

Accept it and make the best of it at this point.
I can be really negative , because Cal drives me crazy , just does .. but this group is FUN , they play exciting ball. And there is very little pouting or posing , or similar stuff I dont care for , they play hard . Its a really good group that should be better set than playing to keep a 4 seed . Just hard to separate the coach from the team. But we are looking great IMO , we have short comings , not any beef inside , we dont have guards that defend well, but as far as rooting .. always .. the more we keep winning the less we have to carry on about , its a good thing ! GO CATS

You don’t think potential recruits read social media? Maybe I’m giving you too much credit.
The sports media knows the weight of the BBN
Recruits don’t care what’s said here long as they get paid. That mentality died with the birth of NIL. See Shaedon Sharpe if you’re not sure.

Reactions: crestcat
Defense is my concern as well and it’s holding back my trust in them making a run. But Kentucky is Miami from last year, that’s what is giving me hope. The cats are better version of Miami and can do the same thing
I want to see how we do against UT. It we can win or keep it close I like our chances to play with anyone. If we get blown out, I wouldn’t pack your bags for Phoenix.

At this point we have to dance with who brung us. There is no point in beating the same dead horses. The starting 5 probably won’t change and the team will not get better at defense at this point.
Agreed. But I am still watching the door for a new dance partner. A defense that continues to get just a little better. More consistency from our bigs. More out of bounds plays that bring us a layup. Just need a little more to begin kicking some ass.

Cal has a phenomenal team but he failed to address major holes in the off-season which lead to this team being very vulnerable to an early out. I think we are sick or seeing talent wasted rinse and repeat. He hasn’t won squat in a long time and he doesn’t seem business at all. He seems like he just enjoys coaching but doesn’t care if we win or not. You cannot be successful unless you hate losing and cal lost that edge long ago. We are staring at a likely 4-5 seed which means we will have difficult games the entire way. I mean we are in tubby territory for far longer with low seeded teams and teams being bounced early. Although I would say with this talent tubby would have lost 3 maybe 4 games less. That’s the negativity. Having several nba players and not prepared for the tournament it’s the story of Cals tenure. Talent to the hilt and no titles. I think a lot of people have been waiting to see the defense come around the rebounding come around it hasn’t and the regular season is about to end. Anyone who watches march bb knows you don’t win titles playing defense like us. Fun to watch? Ok. The coach though did not build a winning team and next year we will be far worse. This was supposed to be the season and we could end up a 4-5 seed. Pathetic. The only positive take I have is this. We lose early in the tourney and cal is canned leaves I don’t care. Worst case we make an elite 8 and cal spins it as some massive success we’re back and all that shit. He failed to adapt to where college basketball is today and we are year in and year out paying the price while certain teams now have taken our spot namely teams we love like UT (which has supplanted UK as THE program right now in the SEC) UCONN who I wouldn’t be surprised to see catch us in titles if Cals remains, and others. We are no longer in the thick of things when it comes to title contention. We are just another top 25 program now. It’s so infuriating and this season was supposed to be different. It will end up a 10 loss season and sweet sixteen at best imo.
please explain the major holes that he failed to address

They’re a couple of plays away from being a top five team and likely one seed. The LSU putback, and if they’d fouled against Florida at the end of reg. Certainly if we’d have beaten Wilmington . They have a chance to make a run in the postseason, no doubt. You can almost always say ‘what if this, and what if that’, but those things were easy and we just didn’t do them.
I agree if we had won all of our games we’d be #1 in the polls and set up for a 1 seed in the tournament.

They absolutely are. Two of them openly hope we lose.

UK is on a winning streak. The CHC is on a losing streak.

The UConn fans here can’t stand it.

They listen to Cal’s shows just so they can get madder.

This is a good team that’s getting better.

We blew out Vandy and scored 93 points not even playing well.

Yes, we could have beaten Vandy worse by not starting the seniors and not playing Onyenso and Mitchell.

First was tradition and the second is they aren’t going to get better without playing so why not play them in a blowout?

The rotation will shorten as it needs to.
Get back on your meds Erin and double daddy's dosage... [laughing]

How about Antonio Reeves? He's pretty good too.

(this clown must have me on ignore, I've been calling out his Reeves nonsense for 2 months and he's yet to reply to any of it. lol)
He denied it the other day. I couldn’t find the post that I replied to you that had him quoted.

• Haha
Reactions: STL_Cat
I think you're seeing it start to fade as we start to look better and better.

And as per usual, when we're winning, there's a few posters that disappear.

Reactions: mebeblue2
I can remember a time when Ky was a projected 4 seed would been unexceptable, I remember when we was a one to two seed every year and in the hunt for a national championship.
on the bright side we are still in the hunt for the championship
this year is a strange year as far as teams losing to lesser teams
no team is a lock to reach the FF this year

Reactions: Rockfly78
Who is "we"?

Apparently you already hit it. Long ago.

And losing Reeves would just be a blip. He's a practice player on next year's team. He can't guard. He can't handle the ball. He can't pass. He doesn't work to get open.

But he does hit shots if open.

He's not holding anyone hostage. No one is in a panic except the super minority here that think they are a majority.

NIL doesn't work like that super minority says either.

And Reeves is a practice player. Who cares where he goes other than the super minority?

Easy to explain. The guys in the portal want to play. They look at who we have coming in and know they can't beat that guy out. Reeves wanted out for the same reason. But he had no takers. So he's coming back to be a practice player and draw whatever NIL monies he can.

Guys don't enter the portal to go ride the bench somewhere else. Now, maybe some of them could have come in and earned minutes? But they were too scared to try.

I hope Reeves is not one of our best 5. If he is then we aren't very good.

Reeves lack of defense or playmaking abilities will send him to the bench soon than later. Mitchell is not a good rebounder. If someone else can rebound then they will get his minutes. If no one else rebounds then Mitchell will play for his offense.

Lot of options on this team and Cal won't be afraid to use the bench. Sheppard has been the biggest surprise. Very few thought he could defend at this level. He can.

The last 3 seasons have been bad defense and no rebounding outside of Oscar. The '21 team had no rebounding. That changes with this team. Very much improved on defense across the board. Rebounding might still be a question. There's no Oscar but hopefully there's 2 or 3 guys that can/will rebound.

He denied it the other day. I couldn’t find the post that I replied to you that had him quoted.

And there are a LOT more where that came from. Took my 5 minutes to quote these. What a faceplant.

And there are a LOT more where that came from. Took my 5 minutes to quote these. What a faceplant.
Here’s another one. Either own up to it, we all say stuff that turns out wrong here, or make your account private lol. I’m still debating if he’s a former poster trolling
I still Reeves will play himself to the bench. And he should be on the bench.

Yes, he hits shots sometimes and he helps us when he does. He helped last night.

But even last night the offense stagnates when he is the game. He's a ball stopper. He doesn't pass. He doesn't move without the ball. He doesn't set screens. He can't handle the ball. He doesn't rebound.

That's just his offense. But that's all he has. His defense can't be talked about because it's non existent.

If he's still playing major minutes by Feb then we just won't be as good as we want to be.

Now you can whine and make personal attacks all you want. Just shows your total ignorance every time you do

At this point we have to dance with who brung us. There is no point in beating the same dead horses. The starting 5 probably won’t change and the team will not get better at defense at this point.
That starting five is a stupid hill that cal wants to die on for some unknown reason????

Who here is ignorant enough to believe the refs/ncaa will let Cal win another title?

maybe we could shoot so blisteringly hot that the refs couldnt screw us in 1 game but over the course of 6, we're guaranteed to lose to playing 5 on 8 at some point.

Reactions: CatPhight
It is always hard when you have a team full of great personalities that can be so much fun to watch but also be so frustrating. Each game can be a roller coaster of emotions. I had to get some things to throw and such even when I do not watch till the next day. Knowing they win and it still frustrates you at times.
I can see the reasons for negativity but I tend to wipe the slate the week of the SEC tourney and NCAA tourney. Right now we are on a 4 game streak (2nd only to Tennessee in the SEC). We have beaten some really good teams and lost to one so so team. We have not looked great but have won games (that is the key going into march) hopefully we peak in march. That is where the hope comes in.

I will probably not watch Tennessee (like the games since december) and then if we win watch the replay. Only way i watch live is if i am somewhere playing the game.

I truly believe there are people on this board that are upset this team is on a winning streak. Now whether they are true fans or a troll with too much time on their hands, that is up for debate,

I used to be pretty active on this forum but life is too short for all this negativity. If I want to hear a bunch of hens cackle I will just sit in on Darlene's card club next Monday night.
There are no KY fans that want this team to lose, but there are many fans that have lost hope that this team can make a deep run in either tournament. If that comes to fruition there is no excuse, especially with the talent this year.
No, to some of you it is. Winning is not everything. Not everyone can win everything. It's just impossible.
I don't think they said we have to win everything. But for this program we do expect to win the SEC more often than not and do expect to have 1 or 2 seeds, final fours, and win a championship every so often.

in the season.

No reason to focus on our shortcomings defensively. This team and program is what it is and will be under Cal. Try to enjoy what's left of these Wildcats the rest of their time here.

Cheer em on to the best of your ability as if they were your kids or grandkids, knowing that after Saturday their next game could be their last in the tourney. Nothing is going to change between now and then.

Accept it and make the best of it at this point.
Been saying this for a while now. Enjoy what's left. Team is exciting can beat any team in the country. But there aren't many teams in the country that they couldn't lose to as well.
I don't expect much in the tournament. You can't play defense like that and advance very far. They aren't going to score 80 plus in every game.
They will run into a lock down defensive team who slows the pace down milks shot clock and limit the number of possessions that UK gets. Season over when that happens.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this team. Of course you wish the defense was better. But this is one of the most entertaining Kentucky teams I remember watching in recent history

Reactions: Girthang
You positive fairies who know the game so well please help me. Same thing every year!
No adjustments on D, No solid rotation in the line up, no rebounding, can’t keep a lead, and always reverting back to Cals stall ball when we got the lead. I seriously wonder if some you all know what a basketball is. Like did my mom make an account on here or something? It’s not negative to want to win like we should. Hands down with the talent and experience Cal has had this year we should be looking at 1 or 2 seed. It’s just so hard to have hope seeing the same pattern as the years before.
Do you enjoy life?

I really like this team and my frustration with Cal doesn’t change that. Wanting and cheering for this team to make a deep run and being weary of Cal aren’t mutually exclusive. Nothing would make me happier than this team winning a national title and I will be the first in line to give Cal his props if it happens.

Reactions: Girthang and BBUK
They’re a couple of plays away from being a top five team and likely one seed. The LSU putback, and if they’d fouled against Florida at the end of reg. Certainly if we’d have beaten Wilmington . They have a chance to make a run in the postseason, no doubt. You can almost always say ‘what if this, and what if that’, but those things were easy and we just didn’t do them.
Have little meaning to the current state our team is playing at too. This is a confident crazy good bunch of scoring guards

UK beats them, then everyone is going to become believers
Nope, not on this board! I can see the headlines now...

Kentucky Stuns Tennessee in Knoxville 88-85!

First post under that topic...

FARRRRRR CALLLL! He wasn't wearing a Blue Blazer and His shoes had dog shit on the bottom of them...Damn Him!

There are some people that if you handed them a free meal they’d complain about the portions.

I’ve just accepted that some people like being miserable. That way they can’t get disappointed when things don’t go their way.

“Seeeee!”

Reactions: CatsFanIL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT