ADVERTISEMENT

Expecting Reed to save the program Cal has destroyed is not fair

kydmb99

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
It seems like this fanbase, having now accepted that Calipari will be back for another year, is putting all of their expectations on Reed Sheppard returning to save this dysfunctional mess of a program Cal has created. This isn't fair to Reed. Reed needs to do what's best for him and let's be honest, that means going to the NBA and making the "generational wealth" Cal loves to talk about.

When Reed doesn't return, don't get upset with him. Be upset with the clown running this program who has brought it down so far we're putting all of our hopes on one 19 year old.

It’s such a foolish deal to say we accept Calipari if Reed returns, yet we’ve seen that exact commentary on here multiple times.

Reed, for all the good he does, just got bounced in the first round while surrounded by shooters and NBA talent. That’s not Reed’s fault, but think about it objectively for a moment: we bring in a class that isn’t as good as the one leaving, keep the same coach, yet expect better results because Reed returns? Does that make any sense at all?

People will get behind the team, win or lose, if Reed is on it. Just like they did this year.

Reactions: ganner918
Cal wouldn’t let similar players stay in the past. Forced to the NBA. Reed should go

It’s such a foolish deal to say we accept Calipari if Reed returns, yet we’ve seen that exact commentary on here multiple times.

Reed, for all the good he does, just got bounced in the first round while surrounded by shooters and NBA talent. That’s not Reed’s fault, but think about it objectively for a moment: we bring in a class that isn’t as good as the one leaving, keep the same coach, yet expect better results because Reed returns? Does that make any sense at all?

Yeah I’d wager on his shooting percentages, +/-, etc all to take a hit next year. He’d be attracting more primary defenders as well.

Nope. Makes zero sense.

Every year we hear coach has gotta stay because of the recruits he has coming in. This idea of Reed coming back is just a different verse of that song.

Reed Sheppard needs to do what's best for him and his family, not John Calipari an not the fan base. I think a year of getting stronger and older would help. That's me. He has all American talent parents that can guide him better.
I sure appreciate enjoying watching him play. I'd love to see him back. Not to save anyone's job.

Let the losers posing as UK fans continue to out themselves. The sooner we have all of them on ignore, the sooner we can have a constructive and productive discussion board again.

I value and respect differences of opinion, but the trash that’s supporting Calipari at the moment, under the circumstances, is just that, loser trash, and I don’t have time to take in their loser mentality.

Every year we hear coach has gotta stay because of the recruits he has coming in. This idea of Reed coming back is just a different verse of that song.

Reed Sheppard needs to do what's best for him and his family, not John Calipari an not the fan base. I think a year of getting stronger and older would help. That's me. He has all American talent parents that can guide him better.
I sure appreciate enjoying watching him play. I'd love to see him back. Not to save anyone's job.
If he is already a lottery pick he gains nothing by coming back

Cal wouldn’t let similar players stay in the past. Forced to the NBA. Reed should go
He said he pushed players out the door and tore up scholarships. He said that you leave for your family , you stay for me. Well he needs them to stay for him now?? If some do because he doesn’t push them out I wonder how many others would have stayed in the last 15 years

Reactions: UKortho
Lol Like I said, I'm sure Louisville and Duke have room for you all to root against the team next season.

We were ranked 9th going into the postseason

Pretending the program is destroyed is not fair. It’s actually quite stupid.

Next years roster isn’t very good, Reed returning would be alright but it ain’t fixing anything. Reed would need to 2 other really good guards from the portal as well to help

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
Let the losers posing as UK fans continue to out themselves. The sooner we have all of them on ignore, the sooner we can have a constructive and productive discussion board again.

I value and respect differences of opinion, but the trash that’s supporting Calipari at the moment, under the circumstances, is just that, loser trash, and I don’t have time to take in their loser mentality.

Anyone that’s as triggered as you have been calling people all kinds of names over a basketball coach disagreement would probably more likely be what you call others than someone is simply for not being triggered they don’t call basketball coaches and other fans names.

You got mad issues. I would highly suggest obtaining a life that has something of your own accomplishments as a major piece as opposed to this board and a college basketball team being the only thing that makes you feel worth living.

Reactions: Doodah859
Losing Reeves will not be overcome by any freshmen.
He said he pushed players out the door and tore up scholarships. He said that you leave for your family , you stay for me. Well he needs them to stay for him now?? If some do because he doesn’t push them out I wonder how many others would have stayed in the last 15 years
exactly.

Reactions: Fox2monk
It seems like this fanbase, having now accepted that Calipari will be back for another year, is putting all of their expectations on Reed Sheppard returning to save this dysfunctional mess of a program Cal has created. This isn't fair to Reed. Reed needs to do what's best for him and let's be honest, that means going to the NBA and making the "generational wealth" Cal loves to talk about.

When Reed doesn't return, don't get upset with him. Be upset with the clown running this program who has brought it down so far we're putting all of our hopes on one 19 year old.
Well, you’re probably right but Reed is going to give him a second chance for next year count on that!!

Reed and his parents will make this decision as to what is best for him. Big Blue Nation will support him fully either way because this kid is Kentucky Blood and loves this program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT