ADVERTISEMENT

I dont understand all of the negativity at this point

Hey buddy, IU could use some fans. I don't think they care about winning anymore either. The rest of us that still care about wins/losses will carry the torch for the University of Calipari fans.
Ah yes, the "holier than thou" Kentucky "fan" who sits on their high horse because Kentucky doesn't go undefeated. I'd love for you to go back and look at the actual results from all the previous coaches to Calipari too, like there was some kind of undefeated pattern before Calipari took over. Some of us just happen to know that regular season wins don't impact postseason performance.

Ain't no way you thought UK could win at Auburn, at Tennessee, right?

I can remember a time when Ky was a projected 4 seed would been unexceptable, I remember when we was a one to two seed every year and in the hunt for a national championship.
In all seriousness, what times are you referring to?

Ah yes, the "holier than thou" Kentucky "fan" who sits on their high horse because Kentucky doesn't go undefeated. I'd love for you to go back and look at the actual results from all the previous coaches to Calipari too, like there was some kind of undefeated pattern before Calipari took over. Some of us just happen to know that regular season wins don't impact postseason performance.

Ain't no way you thought UK could win at Auburn, at Tennessee, right?

Posts like this are hilarious. Keep making shit up to argue about, bud. You're literally arguing with yourself, because I definitely never said any of that. Such a weird guy.

Reactions: Girthang
Posts like this are hilarious. Keep making shit up to argue about, bud. You're literally arguing with yourself, because I definitely never said any of that. Such a weird guy.
Oh you know what I'm saying. Bury your head in the sand after I point it out, I guess. I'm sure you're not actually down for an actual debate on the facts, that's why you simply resort to name-calling in 99% of the posts. It's ok, the insecurity is evident

Oh you know what I'm saying. Bury your head in the sand after I point it out, I guess. I'm sure you're not actually down for an actual debate on the facts, that's why you simply resort to name-calling in 99% of the posts. It's ok, the insecurity is evident

In reference to my orignal post that you quoted, no, I'm not going to be okay with 8 home losses in 2 seasons. That's not "normal" and I will call out anyone trying to rationalize it. As far as the name calling goes? What are you even referring to? It's like you want to keep moving the goal posts for whatever reason. Lol, just keep making up shit I do and say to prove your points, my dude. 👍

In reference to my orignal post that you quoted, no, I'm not going to be okay with 8 home losses in 2 seasons. That's not "normal" and I will call out anyone trying to rationalize it. As far as the name calling goes? What are you even referring to? It's like you want to keep moving the goal posts for whatever reason. Lol, just keep making up shit I do and say to prove your points, my dude. 👍
8 home losses in 2 years? That's what has your panties in a bunch? Why on earth does that bother you so much? Hell, Pitino only had ONE season undefeated at home. ONE.

8 home losses in 2 years? That's what has your panties in a bunch? Why on earth does that bother you so much? Hell, Pitino only had ONE season undefeated at home. ONE.
Look man, I don’t think anyone expects to go undefeated. But there is a BIG delta between undefeated and being the first Kentucky team in the history of Rupp Arena to lose 3 consecutive games at Rupp. I think it’s fair to be incredibly disappointed that this team holds that record, they’re too good for that. I think it’s fair as a Kentucky fan to expect more than 1 win in both the SEC and NCAA tournament in 3 years.

There’s a whole big area between going undefeated and what I just said. You’re creating arguments that don’t really exist when you keep saying “undefeated!”

Look man, I don’t think anyone expects to go undefeated. But there is a BIG delta between undefeated and being the first Kentucky team in the history of Rupp Arena to lose 3 consecutive games at Rupp. I think it’s fair to be incredibly disappointed that this team holds that record, they’re too good for that. I think it’s fair as a Kentucky fan to expect more than 1 win in both the SEC and NCAA tournament in 3 years.

There’s a whole big area between going undefeated and what I just said. You’re creating arguments that don’t really exist when you keep saying “undefeated!”
Ok so tell me this - what exactly bothers you about that record? I hate losing just as much as the next guy. But this whole "3 home games in a row" is just a made up record. If we go on to have real success in March, why on earth would anyone choose to focus on "well, this team lost 3 games in a row at home".

I'm being genuinely serious. Losing 3 home games in a row, while it sucks, doesn't mean anything at all. It doesn't disqualify you from post-season tournaments. It doesn't automatically prevent you from being able to win a title. To me, it's just a barometer for the Cal-haters to use.

So if you lose back-to-back games at Rupp it's ok because it's happened before, probably by multiple UK coaches?

• Haha
Reactions: CatsDomain

Our home record at Rupp has an 89% winning percentage all-time. 85 losses, 661 wins since the place was opened in 1976. So in like 49 seasons, we've averaged under 2 losses per season at Rupp.

15 of those losses in Rupp have come since 2020. Fifteen. Spin it, do whatever you wanna do with it, but those are the facts.

Ok so tell me this - what exactly bothers you about that record? I hate losing just as much as the next guy. But this whole "3 home games in a row" is just a made up record. If we go on to have real success in March, why on earth would anyone choose to focus on "well, this team lost 3 games in a row at home".

I'm being genuinely serious. Losing 3 home games in a row, while it sucks, doesn't mean anything at all. It doesn't disqualify you from post-season tournaments. It doesn't automatically prevent you from being able to win a title. To me, it's just a barometer for the Cal-haters to use.

So if you lose back-to-back games at Rupp it's ok because it's happened before, probably by multiple UK coaches?
I don’t know what’s going to happen in March, neither do you. I’m really excited we’re playing some great ball headed into the tournament.

If you don’t care then fine, most people do. It’s just not something that should have been on this team’s resume. Just not caring about stuff isn’t what makes Kentucky fans Kentucky fans. We care about every game. Always have always will. It’s fine that you don’t care. But just quit acting like people are screaming we should be undefeated, no one said that.

Look man, I don’t think anyone expects to go undefeated. But there is a BIG delta between undefeated and being the first Kentucky team in the history of Rupp Arena

Incase you haven't noticed, he likes to make up stuff that you're upset about to help his case. I've literally said none of this stuff he keeps quoting me with.

I don’t know what’s going to happen in March, neither do you. I’m really excited we’re playing some great ball headed into the tournament.

If you don’t care then fine, most people do. It’s just not something that should have been on this team’s resume. Just not caring about stuff isn’t what makes Kentucky fans Kentucky fans. We care about every game. Always have always will. It’s fine that you don’t care. But just quit acting like people are screaming we should be undefeated, no one said that.
You still didn't answer the question. "If you don't care then fine" isn't an answer to my question.

Our home record at Rupp has an 89% winning percentage all-time. 85 losses, 661 wins since the place was opened in 1976. So in like 49 seasons, we've averaged under 2 losses per season at Rupp.

15 of those losses in Rupp have come since 2020. Fifteen. Spin it, do whatever you wanna do with it, but those are the facts.
I'm not spinning anything. I just don't understand why such a premium is being put on home losses when the ENTIRE POINT OF THE SEASON is to when a post-season championship, NOT played at Rupp. So here we are, sitting at a 23-8 and one of the hottest teams in college basketball, but we have fans obsessing over a 3-game losing streak at Rupp

Lazy and ignorant to say I don't care about it, or I've accepted losing. It's lazy and ignorant not to focus on the bigger picture - the championship we all want to win. Did you care about losing to Vandy in the SEC-T when we won the title? Did you still care about that Watford buzzer-beater loss at IU? Of course not, and probably for 2 reasons:
1. We were champs. That's what matters
2. Cal-fatigue/Cal-hatred hadn't taken over yet

I'm not spinning anything. I just don't understand why such a premium is being put on home losses when the ENTIRE POINT OF THE SEASON is to when a post-season championship, NOT played at Rupp. So here we are, sitting at a 23-8 and one of the hottest teams in college basketball, but we have fans obsessing over a 3-game losing streak at Rupp

Lazy and ignorant to say I don't care about it, or I've accepted losing. It's lazy and ignorant not to focus on the bigger picture - the championship we all want to win. Did you care about losing to Vandy in the SEC-T when we won the title? Did you still care about that Watford buzzer-beater loss at IU? Of course not, and probably for 2 reasons:
1. We were champs. That's what matters
2. Cal-fatigue/Cal-hatred hadn't taken over yet

You can't say losing multiple games in Rupp doesn't matter, then fail to win the SEC regular season title, SEC tournament, or make a Final-4 run. Every game matters if you want a 1 seed. Win the SEC tournament, grab a 2 or 3 seed, make a Final-4 run, and nobody on here will be talking about those home losses. That would be considered to be a good to great season. As it stands, we've done nothing of significance other than we look to be peaking at the right time, with a good shot to make a run.

You can't say losing multiple game in Rupp doesn't matter, then fail to win the SEC regular season title, SEC tournament, or make a Final-4 run. Every game matters if you want a 1 seed. Win the SEC tournament, grab a 2 or 3 seed, make a Final-4 run, and nobody on here will be talking about those home losses. That would be considered to be a good to great season. As it stands, we've done nothing of significance other than we look to be peaking at the right time, with a good shot to make a run.
Huh? What "of significance" can you do in the regular season exactly? Like you said, we're "peaking at the right time, with a good shot to make a run" - isn't that what we want? Isn't that the point of being "built for March"

UCONN had a 4-game losing streak in the middle of the season 2 years ago when they won the title. Why would they focus on that, obsess over that, by hyper-critical over that, when the entire post-sesaon has yet to be played? Why choose misery over context and the larger picture?

Talk about making stuff up, when did I say losing doesn't matter? Guess I'll need you to quote me on that. I just don't understand the obsessing over a made-up "record" when we could still win an SEC-T and/or NCAA-T.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike-D
Huh? What "of significance" can you do in the regular season exactly? Like you said, we're "peaking at the right time, with a good shot to make a run" - isn't that what we want? Isn't that the point of being "built for March"

UCONN had a 4-game losing streak in the middle of the season 2 years ago when they won the title. Why would they focus on that, obsess over that, by hyper-critical over that, when the entire post-sesaon has yet to be played? Why choose misery over context and the larger picture?

Talk about making stuff up, when did I say losing doesn't matter? Guess I'll need you to quote me on that. I just don't understand the obsessing over a made-up "record" when we could still win an SEC-T and/or NCAA-T.

Good lord.

They’re a couple of plays away from being a top five team and likely one seed. The LSU putback, and if they’d fouled against Florida at the end of reg. Certainly if we’d have beaten Wilmington . They have a chance to make a run in the postseason, no doubt. You can almost always say ‘what if this, and what if that’, but those things were easy and we just didn’t do them.
A few more plays away now.

I love watching us score points. But I gave up on our defense improving a couple weeks ago. That ship has sailed.

Unfortunately that probably means we aren’t doing anything significant in the postseason.

I’ll still be there cheering them on but my expectations are still low. If people look at that as “negative” than so be it. To me it’s just being honest about the situation.
Man I hate being correct all the time.

For me it’s a feeling of waiting for the other shoe to drop. Come out cold, slow to adjust, coach does his deer in the headlights thing and opposing players hit fall away 30 footers. This team in particular has given up double digit second half leads on multiple occasions. One way or another you just know something terribly disappointing is going to happen.

Quoting myself here because I was frustrated last night but not devastated. Only thing was we didn’t give up was a big lead.

I gave up the negativity and expectations for this team, and the loss didn't upset me as much. It was still hard to watch, but it wasn't unexpected that we played as we did.

A coach that refuses to develop his bench, refuses to start his best lineup, and refuses to teach all aspects of the game at his disposal gets you what we got this season and last night. He failed his team, this program, and the fans AGAIN. Didn't have them prepared and didn't take responsibility for it after the game.

He blames it on being young every year, which is throwing the players under the bus. Nothing will change while he's here except the names on the back of the jerseys and the lowered "standard." The people that love him will never get it. The people that love UK basketball will never get what they love back while he's here. He's like a stinkbug

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT