ADVERTISEMENT

When exactly were you done with Cow?

When were you done?

• KSU '18 (Cow blows the easiest path to Final Four in forever)

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Auburn '19 (Cow chokes a FF berth away against an undermanned opponent)

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • The 9-16 season (Cow takes the preseason no. 10 to historical lows)

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • St. Pete's '22 (Cow's masterclass: worst tournament loss in the history of UK basketball)

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • The Sharpe Debacle (Cow lets a scammer use the program's facilities in order to prepare for Draft)

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • KSU '23 (Cow leads an expected title contender all the way to the second round)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oakland '24 (Cow's revenge tour ends in the very first round)

Votes: 12 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CROCAT

Freshman
Nov 20, 2018
Proud to say I've had enough of this clown ever since the first KSU loss

None of the above. 2015!!
Lmao I thought about including that one, but I figured that at that particular time he had more than enough goodwill among BBN. Back then we still thought he'd win us multiple titles

I have tried to stay as positive as I could. I did believe he fell short with some of his FF and E8 teams so that bothered me. Since the losing season I have tried to convince myself that it was all a fluke and that with the recruiting we would be back on top. Oakland was the end of the line for me.

Reactions: BigKari and CROCAT
Lol you got me, I'll fix it.

2019 at the latest, I presume?
Just messing w/you. I've been giving Cal shit since 2020. Most of my venting was with my son and not so much on here. I tried to give him a last chance this season with significant talent but he failed once again.

A FF would have probably kept me on board but with all the holes that ship has sunk.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
2018 I started to see the cracks with his system and philosophy, but I didn’t see it going down this road. The 9-16 season, followed by being St. Peter’d should’ve been the end of it.

Somewhere around 2018/2019. It wasn't related to a single loss. It was because I finally realized his primary goal wasn't the success of the UK basketball program.

My “done” point has definitely been more recent. The continued collection of highly ranked, but obviously not elite freshmen, with no semblance of thought out roster construction the last couple years when we could have bought better transfers strategically each off-season has done it for me.

If his past few years weren’t proof enough, there’s no better example than his 24 class. He has one elite PROSPECT and no elite players…across 6 recruits that will be the foundation of the roster. That is not building a roster for the University of Kentucky to be successful(assuming he doesn’t get off his lazy butt to recruit over these guys in the portal) and thus a reason why I’m done.

2015 irreparably damaged my fandom in general. I think it broke him as well. 2017 was a good season but it’s the outlier in the timeline since then.

2021 is the season I was fully done with Cal for good though. 9-16 should never happen for any reason. Ever. Covid or not, other teams managed to figure it out.

Proud to say I've had enough of this clown ever since the first KSU loss
For me, it was when he lost to Auburn in '19. It was a repeat of the '18 meltdown at the hands of a lesser, injured opponent.

Once I saw UK go out in '19, I saw the trend developing. Cal's teams play best when they're the underdog, but when they're in the driver's seat (2010 WVU, 2015 Wisconsin, 2018 KSU, etc.), his teams start to see themselves already cutting down the nets. That's a state of mind, and it comes back to bad, nervous coaching in tight games.

I’ve disliked Cal as a person pretty much since…..forever.

His “offense” has gotten on my nerves for years. Relying on talent to get every shot usually ends up in high difficulty/highly contested looks.

But I’d say I was done with him around 2019. Been saying “Cal is a clown” and “I cant wait for the post-Cal era” for quite a few years now.

I didn’t like it when the kid was asked about changing the name of “Rupp Arena” and Cal, who had failed to prepare the kid, tells the fans to go easy on him, blah, blah.

I also didn’t like it when he told me to wear an N95 for two weeks to help the team.

Reactions: dezyDeco
I had my doubts after 2010 when he said draft day was greatest day ever for UK basketball. I gave him benefit of doubt after 2012 but from then on he has been a major flop. 2014 and 2015 losses were on him and be has failed since.

Why are you “proud”? Because you truly believe it makes you look like you are smarter than all the other fans who were a bit more patient?

(This is a rhetorical question…)
Probably because to a lot of us, it was obvious that Cal was on a downward trend.

And we aren’t quite sure how others weren’t picking up on it.

I know I’m proud of my basketball knowledge. I use realism over blind hope.

• Love
Reactions: CROCAT
If I’m being honest St Pete because I wasted the time and money to be there with my son. He was so disappointed, same look on his face Thursday night. Then the sting goes away and the used car salesman goes to work to reel you back in. I told myself and anyone who asks this was it. Once and for all after watching a good team with a chance at greatness once again look like a glorified AAU team I am done.

I’ll add this. I don’t think Cal cares a bit if he ever wins another tournament game for UK. He’s a narcissist and at this point it’s him vs BBN winning be damned.

Reactions: dezyDeco and CROCAT
Probably because to a lot of us, it was obvious that Cal was on a downward trend.

And we aren’t quite sure how others weren’t picking up on it.

I know I’m proud of my basketball knowledge. I use realism over blind hope.
Most of us realized he was on a downward trend. Just not all of us were all-in on Cal hate from the first shocking loss. Coaches notoriously have dips and then the great ones rebound. Cal didn't, and some fans are finally seeing it.

I see yours and CROCAT's position as more bragging as though you are above other fans that didn't jump to hate Calipari years ago. There's really no other explanation for the back patting on a regular occasion, coupled with constantly calling out other fans as if they are inferior to your prophetic minds.

Most of us realized he was on a downward trend. Just not all of us were all-in on Cal hate from the first shocking loss. Coaches notoriously have dips and then the great ones rebound. Cal didn't, and some fans are finally seeing it.

I see yours and CROCAT's position as more bragging as though you are above other fans that didn't jump to hate Calipari years ago. There's really no other explanation for the back patting on a regular occasion, coupled with constantly calling out other fans as if they are inferior to your prophetic minds.
Not really, but whatever floats your boat. Aren't you the guy who preached optimism regarding Cow's performance in the tourney? Asking questions such as "what makes you guys be so negative and say UK will flame out during the first week, the games haven't even been played yet"?

Wonder how that one turned out...

Reactions: dezyDeco
2018 KSU tourney loss - that whole season really. I know Vanderbilt got injured but it felt like Cal couldn't figure out to how that team should play. Everyone else could, but Cal couldn't. SGA had to force his way into the starting lineup, something Reed and Dillingham couldn't do this season for "some reason". The in-game coaching in that game just sealed the deal for me.

I never got my hopes up for any team after that season. Now I just watch and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: qwesley and CROCAT
Not really, but whatever floats your boat. Aren't you the guy who preached optimism regarding Cow's performance in the tourney? Asking questions such as "what makes you guys be so negative and say UK will flame out during the first week, the games haven't even been played yet"?

Wonder how that one turned out...
And there you go again, implying that your prophetic mental abilities are above and beyond others. When you point out another fan's positivity, then make the statement "wonder how that turned out", you're essentially saying "see, you were wrong, and I was right".

Yes, I was positive because I felt like surely Cal won't do this to us again. I was playing the odds. And I lost. But I admit it and wouldn't have been running around here bragging and poking at others that I was "right". I would have just been relieved that we pulled it off, yet still skeptical that Cal was going to continue.

I don't care about being right or wrong. I just wanted Kentucky to win for the team, the fans, and the school (notice I didn't say for Cal).

Reactions: Doodah859
2021 when he made this comment about BJ Boston was the beginning of the end for me.

“I want to win every game we coach, but the other side of it is I’m not trying to take anyone’s heart away,” Calipari said.

I've been wavering with Cal since 2015 and trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. But this year seals it for me.

It's time. Only winning one game in the NCAA Tourney over the last 4 years with the talent he's had is too much to bear and then saying he has a couple of tweaks for next year is incomprehensible.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
2019 auburn was the beginning for me, watching him mismanage a game and losing it when they should have won by double digits. I mean he let Bruce pearl get to a final four when pearl is just as bad in March. The Covid year pushed me over the edge and made me realize this guy doesn’t have any clue how to be competitive in modern basketball. The 2 Oscar years and this year showed me, that he will always prioritize his little 5 star athletes who can’t shoot instead of building the roster around the playmakers on the perimeter he had. The gameplan he had against Oakland should have had him fired the minute the game ended, but our AD is a damn idiot and a part of the much larger issue as well. Kentucky athletics has terrible leadership, and chicken shit coaches. And unfortunately for basketball we are most likely stuck with a guy who will never change.

Reactions: CROCAT
The combo of Sharpe not playing, despite the tease all year and the embarrassing exit vs St Pete. So early 2022. I hung in there as long as I possibly could.

The day they hired him, in fact, even before then when his name was floated after Tubby left. Never wanted Cal here and predicted the demise of the program they day he was hired.

Reactions: blackcat714
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT