ADVERTISEMENT

What's going on in Bardstown

PS. Ex-cop friend of mine told me that Botland was a hotbed of criminal activity back in the day

Definitely very big pot growing operations out of Botland back in the 80's. I grew up a mile from there. I knew a bunch of guys that made quite a bit off pot. They didn't get as greedy as the Cornbread Mafia guys.

This 6 part series that just started on oxygen is really good. They brought in actual investigators who are going over some of the things the Ky state police botched. Part 1 of 6 started last Saturday, but they keep rerunning it. Worth a watch.

^ yea, apparently the state police could only take ten pieces of evidence from the vehicle due to Kentucky law because our state budget can’t afford to do more. The shows hired investigative team found potential blood in the trunk using blue star spray that the Kentucky state police didn’t and or couldn’t do. Probably didn’t have search dogs due to price of alpo.

^ yea, apparently the state police could only take ten pieces of evidence from the vehicle due to Kentucky law because our state budget can’t afford to do more. The shows hired investigative team found potential blood in the trunk using blue star spray that the Kentucky state police didn’t and or couldn’t do. Probably didn’t have search dogs due to price of alpo.

Amazing the state police like to hide behind overpasses or on top of them looking for speedsters like me. Seems their money would be better spent catching murderers and drug dealers.

They didn't tie it to a particular gun because they didn't have a gun. What they were able to do with a spent shell and a a wad, was determine the model and gauge used.Fired case can certainly be matched using standard techniques of firing-pin matching and breech-face markings or extractor signatures

Just FYI, oxygen network has been showing a 2 hour documentary on this. Should play multiple times this week.
Looks like tomorrow at 9:00 PM. The Disappearance Of Crystal Rogers.

This 6 part series that just started on oxygen is really good. They brought in actual investigators who are going over some of the things the Ky state police botched. Part 1 of 6 started last Saturday, but they keep rerunning it. Worth a watch.
Thanks for the tip Rob. Sitting here shaking my head at what I'm seeing.

Amazing the state police like to hide behind overpasses or on top of them looking for speedsters like me. Seems their money would be better spent catching murderers and drug dealers.
They don’t make money on murders but you’re a cash cow [laughing].........too soon?

The killing of 8 family members in Pike County Ohio is also unresolved after 2+ years. I don't think the opioid epidemic in America is necessarily a coincidence either.
https://theoutline.com/post/4973/pi...-rhoden-family-unsolved-2018?zd=1&zi=t3bt4qym

If people think possible police involvement in Bardstown is somehow unusual, I recall during my youth that the local police where I grew up were some of the biggest pot dealers. As was a future councilman and mayor. Of course these pharmaceuticals are much more powerfully addictive and perhaps even more profitable.

Doesn’t the state police supersede the local county police? Why didn’t the FBI take over? They fail to mention any cell phone records. Seems to be holding their evidence pretty tight to the chest.

Reactions: jameslee32
Ok I watched over an hour about this case and solved it. Brooks Houck. Boom. Case closed. I think he probabaly paid someone to kill her. Torture him till he tells the truth.

I doubt these cases ever get solved, it’s going to take a confession/informant and that’s not likely to happen. Whatever the motive is, they are smart and know how to ambush, plan, remotely isolate targets with police knowledge of how to cover their tracks. If all of that is true then they won’t get careless mistakes from a dumb drug dealer etc....so they won’t get a dumb criminal looking to trade info because they got busted for another crime.

Of the three murders Crystals has the best chance of being solved due to a chance of evidence, her fathers murder and Ellis have almost no chance of producing evidence unless they find a shell casing at the fathers crime scene. Of course if the mother and daughter murders are related to the other crimes then they become the best chance to solve all four because it happened in their home which should have more potential evidence.

Well NOoooo....... There are more speeders... Speed pay fines with money and murderers and druggies pay crime with time..... You just can't be a BankerCat12 if you don't see the economics in that;)

Reactions: BankerCat12
Only update lately is that B Houck took the grandmother (Crystal Rogers mom) to court to request that She doesn’t get visitation rights anymore. The claim was that the child is “sullen and uncooperative” after visits with her.

The appeals panel ruled in their favor. Kind of disgusting knowing what this lady has been through.

There was a Dr Phil episode about this a few weeks ago. Police indicated they had generated some solid leads. Does anyone in the area have any news?

It's been 4 years and this damn thread pops up every 6 months or so. Each and every time it does...my gullible azz thinks "finally, they have solved the case..." So I open the thread yet again and this time it's talk about Oxygen Channel and Dr. Phil. Holy effing shite, Batman! Are you effing kidding me?

Mods, please ban the next mofo that jump starts this thread without a smoking gun.

TIA

It's been 4 years and this damn thread pops up every 6 months or so. Each and every time it does...my gullible azz thinks "finally, they have solved the case..." So I open the thread yet again and this time it's talk about Oxygen Channel and Dr. Phil. Holy effing shite, Batman! Are you effing kidding me?

Mods, please ban the next mofo that jump starts this thread without a smoking gun.

TIA
Some cases just don't want to be solved imo.

TIA

I think you meant "bump this thread when Indiana sucks."

The state should stop playing and release phone records of all parties involved. Surprised no one has gotten to brooks yet. “law abiding citizen Darby style”

Bardstown's police chief said if Houck is found guilty on all the theft charges, it could total a maximum of 20 years behind bars.

That's a lot of shingles, man.

Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
This sounds a lot like OJ getting a 33 year sentence for armed robbery in that memorabilia case in Vegas 15 years after he was acquitted of murder.

It ain't quite what I was expecting...but at least this is better than opening this thread to read about Dr. Phil and the Oxygen channel.

Reactions: Mashburned
200 bundles is roughly 70sq of shingles which is a decent sized roof. However, it’s still roughly $4900 plus tax so the punishment is quite extreme!

Of course it just shows Houck as a POS like most know him to be around that area.

A Mexican and 2 fat chicks tried robbing 2 mini marts south of Bardstown around 4am last week. They were found the next day.
Also, a local contractor had his construction trailer stolen from the job site this morning 5 a.m. in Bardstown

I’d be surprised if they found remains at this point. I thought him and his brother were on the farm burning wood around the time she went missing, you know they burned the body to ash. The only way this is solved is if one of them told a wife or girlfriend and they came forward after a breakup. But I doubt they make that mistake and they’d probably kill them during the breakup anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT