ADVERTISEMENT

What's going on in Bardstown

8titles

Senior
Dec 2, 2004
First Office Ellis is murdered, then a teacher and her daughter, disappearance of a mom and now a teenager shot and killed.

You all dipping into your brown water too much down there or what? For a town that size there is a lot going on. Seems like some underlying issues. Crazy.

From the outside looking in then I would take a good hard look at folks with badges over there. I have always thought that poor cop was done in by his own. That was an ambush setup military style. There is not a thug/gang on earth that sets up hits like that. I have no details and I don't know those people at all even in reading, I'm just saying from altitude it looks like cop on cop type stuff.

First Office Ellis is murdered, then a teacher and her daughter, disappearance of a mom and now a teenager shot and killed.

You all dipping into your brown water too much down there or what? For a town that size there is a lot going on. Seems like some underlying issues. Crazy.
Impossible.

All tragedies and other negative crap in KY can only occur east of I-75.

Reactions: blubo
I'm in bardstown often for work and everyone there is pretty set that all the dots are connected. Just need that one piece of evidence or one person to blow it open. FBI is now involved.

Everyone also agrees that it is an inside job due to drug running. Shocker.

Ellis killed due to his work in drug task force. The mother/daughter murders are believed to be because one of them was an informant who may have heard/known some things about Ellis' murder. Same with the missing mother as she was sleeping with one of city cops.

Some of that may be a bit off (I get an earful from about everyone down there).

Shew. It's a damn mess, though.

In regards to the Chrystal disappearance, the brother of her boyfriend was fired from the department for his activities during the investigation.

If you want to kill somebody you setup at their home or work. Get them when they step out of the car in their driveway. The fact that they set up an ambush at an exit ramp screamed "cop" to me as soon as I first read about it. Thugs don't do that. It was almost as if they didn't want to do it in front of his family which makes you think they knew him, worked with him, knew his schedule and what time to lay in wait.

I have always said the first thing I would have done was pull every phone record and cell phone record of every employee at the police station where he worked. Somebody made a call when he left work. They had to know when to block him off.

Those in the know claim its all connected. They also claim that they have what they need to convict the two brothers on Crystals death.
Funny thing about that family, they won one of the very first Ky lotteries, for like $35 mill.
FBI is involved, and its rumored that Ellis wife was sleeping with the police chief. It's also worth mentioning that Nick houk, the fired police officer, has been in charge of the evidence room. The 1 item missing in the last few years, a Remington 870 pump, the type weapon experts say killed Ellis.
The two women killed on Bloomfield room, one of them was the babysitter for the Houks kid. More will come out, just give it time.

Man, that reads like a season from Justified.

I wonder what they have on the two brothers. Without a body it seems like it would be difficult to really nail them.

Last edited:
Reactions: chroix and Nubb16
Damn some of you are dead on, are you not concerned discussing this on the Internet?

Everything UKRob73 posted is dead on.

thumb-400.jpg

Reactions: wcc31
Was Houk also a former military man? Seems like I may have heard he served in either Iraq or Afghanistan. If so, that would explain the ambush-style attack of Ellis.

Those in the know claim its all connected. They also claim that they have what they need to convict the two brothers on Crystals death.
Funny thing about that family, they won one of the very first Ky lotteries, for like $35 mill.
FBI is involved, and its rumored that Ellis wife was sleeping with the police chief. It's also worth mentioning that Nick houk, the fired police officer, has been in charge of the evidence room. The 1 item missing in the last few years, a Remington 870 pump, the type weapon experts say killed Ellis.
The two women killed on Bloomfield room, one of them was the babysitter for the Houks kid. More will come out, just give it time.

So I think I will try to make sense of this based upon your ramble:

• Ellis's wife was sleeping with the police chief.
  • Nick Houck was in charge of the evidence room at Bardstown Police and the only thing missing was a Remington 870 pump that experts believe is the type of gun that killed Ellis.
  • Nick Houck's brother Brooks Houck was the boyfriend of Crystal Rogers
  • The mother and daughter were killed in Botland which is not close to Bloomfield.. Are you saying the daughter was a baby sitter for the Houck's? I have not heard this yet.
I am having a hard time believing these are connected. All of these happened at 3 different spots in the county that are not really that close.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
So I think I will try to make sense of this based upon your ramble:

• Ellis's wife was sleeping with the police chief.
  • Nick Houck was in charge of the evidence room at Bardstown Police and the only thing missing was a Remington 870 pump that experts believe is the type of gun that killed Ellis.
  • Nick Houck's brother Brooks Houck was the boyfriend of Crystal Rogers
  • The mother and daughter were killed in Botland which is not close to Bloomfield.. Are you saying the daughter was a baby sitter for the Houck's? I have not heard this yet.
I am having a hard time believing these are connected. All of these happened at 3 different spots in the county that are not really that close.
Also, where does Dewey Crowe fit in to all of this?

No such thing as a coincidence in investigations, Booker.

4 unsolved murders in a short time, in a tight community. All with "some" kind of connection.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Yesterday an 18 yr old stabbed in the throat by another 18 yr old on a bad drug deal! Sheesh.

Funny you guys mention Dewey Crow, because people down there say their Dewey has in fact been arrested and the police think he'd be better off free as far as finding the last pieces of the puzzle.

Weird stuff!

Reactions: artesiacat
Nelson County's population has increased 40% in the last 20 years to 45K It really isn't that small anymore.

Its not like I didn't live there for 20 years. So you are going to trust Rob on this for your source of info?

The mother/daughter killing freaks me out the most. It happened about a mile from my parents house. It was very brutal. I heard this weekend that they both were decapitated. I mean that's some personal crime there.

Rob hash posted anything inaccurate yet.

It really is a sick situation and if they can connect a dot to the police officer that was executed there will be a lot of WTF come from this story.

I've heard all the same stuff Rob posted from family and friends/coworkers that are from Bardstown. It's a mess for sure, and I feel pretty strongly that it involves more than just officer Houck in the police department.

So the daughter definitely had ties to Houck via babysitting, but has anyone other than me heard one of them was also an informant? Or is that just small town rumor? I'm sure we would never really know, but something the KSP and FBI would surely be privy to.

I do agree with Booker that Nelson/bardstown isn't really the typical small town by numbers/size, but the people there still have that typical small town mindset. Believe me on that one.

Holy Schlitz this is getting good.

I have family in Marion County and hear much of the same thing. The sentiment is that it's all connected and may involve more than just the brothers. Regardless it's pretty sad to say the least.

With the Cornbread Mafia, the drug rings, etc. the police have been in on for years. They make their own laws there. Lots of money.
Now wait-a-minute.... Marion Co.= Cornbread Mafia... Give credit where credit is due...

I used to get some really good pot there in the early 2000s as my former roommate was pretty connected over there. He used to tell me all kinds of wild stories about all the ish that goes down in Bardstown AND in Nelson County.

If all these rumors are true, it would shock me zero percent

ADVERTISEMENT