ADVERTISEMENT

What's going on in Bardstown

This story is unbelievable. Police officer shot who was actively involved in arresting several local gang members. One gang member who has claimed to be a cop killer and was arrested by the murdered officer is the nephew of the mayor. A mother and daughter are slaughtered in their home who are connected to a cop who was getting fraudulent scripts for oxycodon from a girlfriend of a fellow officer. A woman disappears who is dating a brother of a police officer who was fired during the investigation of this disappearance. The home of the only suspect in this disappearance burns down. The father of the disappeared lady is murdered on a hunting trip.

This story is unbelievable. Police officer shot who was actively involved in arresting several local gang members. One gang member who has claimed to be a cop killer and was arrested by the murdered officer is the nephew of the mayor. A mother and daughter are slaughtered in their home who are connected to a cop who was getting fraudulent scripts for oxycodon from a girlfriend of a fellow officer. A woman disappears who is dating a brother of a police officer who was fired during the investigation of this disappearance. The home of the only suspect in this disappearance burns down. The father of the disappeared lady is murdered on a hunting trip.

Yeah we kind of got all that in the 121 post before yours. But thanks for the info.

Lol, J/K.

thanks ymmot31. Appreciate the link. Very helpful in putting the pieces together---for those of us not from the area. Any additional info would be much appreciated by anyone.

Link?

Good synopsis. I think you got it covered.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Just a brief summary for those not up on the facts.
One part that I don't believe was in the post I linked was that for some reason he wasn't driving his usual vehicle that night. His was in the shop. That's the reason he didn't have his dog with him that night.

By those details then there is not a connection between he and the Rogers family murders other than police are involved.

I can’t imagine how easy it must have been to beat Sheckles for mayor.

They believe they are all connected. They do not believe the local gang had anything to do with any of it.

That’s fair. Now if Ellis was gunned down at a red light in a drive by, well.....

All kinds of rumors
That’s fair. Now if Ellis was gunned down at a red light in a drive by, well.....

Gang had little to nothing to do with it. Cops in cahoots with BMG gang and helped plan Ellis murder because he was sensing cops were involved and closing in. Teachers daughter overheard something about Ellis murder from someone who was close to it (allegedly while babysitting/staying the night at a cops house with their kids).. She and Mom offed by cop because they are worried it will get out. Rogers hears about who offed the kid and teacher and gets it cause she could rat them out. Her dad knows old man who was allegedly involved and keeps pushing him to testify and gets shot.

That’s what the general consensus is in that area.

Not saying it has any merit and there are a ton of stories but this is what I’ve heard are the rumors.

Reactions: gocatsdotuk
The one thing they do know, is that Brooks Houck killed crystal Rogers. They have video of crystal and Brooks entering the farm that night together, then Brooks brother arrives around midnight in his police cruiser, then several hours later his brother and Brooks leave the farm without crystal. That's the night she went missing.
Then, 3 days later when Brooks and his brother were interviewed, they both couldn't remember if they had been to the farm that night. When told they had video of them, and they were there until 2 in the morning, neither could remember what they were doing.

Can you imagine a cop, on duty, entering a remote farm at midnight, then leaving it at 2am in his cruiser with his brother. Then 3 days later when interviewed, says he can't remember being there, or what he would be doing if he was there.
They don't feel like they have a great case without a body though. That's why they have spent so much time looking for a body.

Is there still a reward an how much could i get if i solve all of these cases?

Last night one of the crime channels had a special on the disappearance of Crystal. I believe it will be a short series...maybe 3-4 episodes. Nothing new after the in-depth reporting here but hopefully something will crack soon in the case.

I haven’t read the articles and don’t know anymore than what I’ve read in this thread but based on that alone the conspiracy theory that they are all an effort to eliminate possible testifiers has a lot of holes in it.

The killing of the father makes no sense because wasn’t he killed years after the original murder of the police officer? And if so then why would he sit on information that long, or why would the killer suspect he had any info at that point? The killer would also be taking a massive risk to kill another person and open up a possible line of evidence on a person that would have already gone to authorities if he had knowledge of the crimes.

I’m not saying they are coincidence but it seems more likely that the killers motives are more serial in nature than covering his tracks. Maybe the first murder triggered a psychological predisposition and he’s continuing to act on that satisfaction. So yeah I think the same person is killing them but not for the reasons most think he is doing it.

I haven’t read the articles and don’t know anymore than what I’ve read in this thread but based on that alone the conspiracy theory that they are all an effort to eliminate possible testifiers has a lot of holes in it.

The killing of the father makes no sense because wasn’t he killed years after the original murder of the police officer? And if so then why would he sit on information that long, or why would the killer suspect he had any info at that point? The killer would also be taking a massive risk to kill another person and open up a possible line of evidence on a person that would have already gone to authorities if he had knowledge of the crimes.

I’m not saying they are coincidence but it seems more likely that the killers motives are more serial in nature than covering his tracks. Maybe the first murder triggered a psychological predisposition and he’s continuing to act on that satisfaction. So yeah I think the same person is killing them but not for the reasons most think he is doing it.

I think it could be a reach to link the Rogers ladies murder to Ellis' murder. But the father was killed I feel sure because he knew the husband killed her. I believe he even had a reward for information on her murder. I don't think it's a serial at all.

These killers are running around free and yet Willy is still locked up.

WHERE IS TJE JUSTICE?!?!?!?111111

tenor.gif

The murders are tied back to the police department and a huge drug ring. Many believe a few of the officers are tied into the drug ring.

The father was killed because he was actively trying to find evidence, so they killed him before he got too close.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I once stopped in this town for McDonalds on the way to Lexington to see UK play.

After reading this thread, I need a t-shirt that says I survived the Bardstown masacres and am humming "You'll never leave Bardstown alive" by me.

I once stopped in this town for McDonalds on the way to Lexington to see UK play.

After reading this thread, I need a t-shirt that says I survived the Bardstown masacres and am humming "You'll never leave Bardstown alive" by me.
Me and dad went on a tour of Makers Mark right after Crystal Rogers disappeared. Everyone in town had Find Crystal signs or something like that in their yard.

This is where torture is effective, implement that and the girl turns up. If you tune an innocent up then have a compensation package at the ready, that’s how you country.

Good God. This deserves to be bumped every time Indiana sucks.

Are the feds involved?

Reactions: dgtatu01
Good God. This deserves to be bumped every time Indiana sucks.

Are the feds involved?

I believe so but its been very quiet with nothing new in months. There was one or two posters on here that seemed to have a very good handle on updates and rumors in Bardstown. Haven't seen anything from them in months. I hope they are still breathing. Odds are stacked against them at this point

Reactions: mailman85
e 1 item missing in the last few years, a Remington 870 pump, the type weapon experts say killed Ellis.

There is no way to tie a specific shotgun to a crime unless there was a hull left behind that had been dimpled by the firing pin, and I'm not sure even that is sufficient. If an 870 was stolen and used as the murder weapon it was more than likely a 12 gauge, the most commonly found guage. So that's basically looking for a needle in a box of needles.

PS. Ex-cop friend of mine told me that Botland was a hotbed of criminal activity back in the day, but hell, my Uncle visited Xaviera Hollandars house when she was running her bordello in Lexington, so crime is where you find it.

Well, this past week, Brooks Houck, the main suspect in Crystal Rogers disappearance, was indicted by Nelson Co. Grand jury for felony theft from the Bardstown Lowe's and you still see all over Nelson county, "I Stand with the Ballards (Crystals family) or Justice for Crystal signs, which also by the way, Brooks Houcks new girlfriend was arrested for stealing out of people's yards a couple of months ago.

There is no way to tie a specific shotgun to a crime unless there was a hull left behind that had been dimpled by the firing pin, and I'm not sure even that is sufficient. If an 870 was stolen and used as the murder weapon it was more than likely a 12 gauge, the most commonly found guage. So that's basically looking for a needle in a box of needles.

PS. Ex-cop friend of mine told me that Botland was a hotbed of criminal activity back in the day, but hell, my Uncle visited Xaviera Hollandars house when she was running her bordello in Lexington, so crime is where you find it.

They didn't tie it to a particular gun because they didn't have a gun. What they were able to do with a spent shell and a a wad, was determine the model and gauge used.Fired case can certainly be matched using standard techniques of firing-pin matching and breech-face markings or extractor signatures

Just FYI, oxygen network has been showing a 2 hour documentary on this. Should play multiple times this week.

ADVERTISEMENT