ADVERTISEMENT

What's going on in Bardstown

This shit is interesting. There better be like a tv
Series on this.

Some other interesting facts in the Ellis murder are that he wasn't driving his car that night, and the one he was driving didn't have a dashcam.
His car was being painted so he drove one of their SUV's. A shotgun was used as well, no ballistics to worry about.

I'm pretty sure I read about his wife taking up with one of the other officers there a few months after he was killed. I can't find anything about it though. Maybe I made that up.

Several other law enforcement personnel use that same exit when they go home. Could have been random, but, him being the specific target is easier for me to understand.

Coroner confirmed he was shot in the chest and it exited through his back.

I graduated high school with the current Bardstown Police chief and he was involved in a issue recently for using stolen property. He also was fired from the Louisville Police Department years ago for shooting and killing a black kid that was apparently running from him. The whole department is broken.

I don't know why the FBI isn't running this. Watching the KSP press conference yesterday was pretty embarrassing.

Several other law enforcement personnel use that same exit when they go home. Could have been random, but, him being the specific target is easier for me to understand.

I would doubt that. His exit is/was 10 miles east of Bardstown off of BG Pkwy. It was the Bloomfield exit 34. There is nothng there but Bloomfield and back road to Taylorsville Lake. As Booker said earlier in the thread, that is a lonely stretch of road.

Coroner confirmed he was shot in the chest and it exited through his back.

I graduated high school with the current Bardstown Police chief and he was involved in a issue recently for using stolen property. He also was fired from the Louisville Police Department years ago for shooting and killing a black kid that was apparently running from him. The whole department is broken.

I don't know why the FBI isn't running this. Watching the KSP press conference yesterday was pretty embarrassing.
Mckenzie is no longer the interim chief.

So it wasn't his grandson and he did not kill himself, who was it?
Last I saw, they were asking anyone who might have been on the BG parkway near MM 25 between 6:30am-7:30am to come forward so they can ask them if they saw anything. Yea... Like that's gonna happen.

Yeah, they obviously don't know. But they believe it came from the BG parkway. Kydfw have laser systems that can recreate which direction a bullet came from.
Their initial belief is someone pulled off the Bluegrass or dropped someone off and they made the shot. Hence the reason they are asking the public for anyone who drove the Bluegrass at that time.

Yeah, they obviously don't know. But they believe it came from the BG parkway. Kydfw have laser systems that can recreate which direction a bullet came from.
Their initial belief is someone pulled off the Bluegrass or dropped someone off and they made the shot. Hence the reason they are asking the public for anyone who drove the Bluegrass at that time.
It had to be somebody who knew when and where he would be hunting. This is getting wacky. A family member connected to the police?

I would doubt that. His exit is/was 10 miles east of Bardstown off of BG Pkwy. It was the Bloomfield exit 34. There is nothng there but Bloomfield and back road to Taylorsville Lake. As Booker said earlier in the thread, that is a lonely stretch of road.

"A number of other officers use that same parkway exit, including some who work for state police, some who work for the Nelson County sheriff's office, and another who works for the Bardstown police department, Thompson said."

You can read it here, like I did before I posted about it.

Reactions: WettCat
My apologies, I did not read that specific story. Just speaking from knowledge of the area, that's a pretty rural exit and not a lot is out there, just doesn't seem like there would be a lot of cops out there because there's really nothing to speak of there.

Reactions: ymmot31
No problem, I wouldn't have been surprised if the article said he was the only one to use that exit either.

Serious question. Was he wearing his orange? I can't find out anywhere. Could have been someone trespassing and if he was walking with no orange on some jackass could have just saw movement and shot him. I was hunting on private property just last week when some idiot came on the property from the next property over. I got down and confronted him nicely because I'm not a jackass and he said he was just cutting through and didn't know anyone hunted that property. He wasn't hunting but walking through woods during gun season is dumb!

The area is open fields with just a couple small wooded thickets. He parked his giant red f250 in the middle of a giant field. They got out, walked ten yards, the grandson forgot something and walked back to the truck. Tommy was ten yards from the truck when he got shot, and had been there no more than a couple minutes.
Someone was waiting on him.

Believe I'll hit up Topix over the holidays. Should make for some good reading.

But, seriously. What. In. The. F*ck?

Last edited:
Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Serious question. Was he wearing his orange? I can't find out anywhere. Could have been someone trespassing and if he was walking with no orange on some jackass could have just saw movement and shot him. I was hunting on private property just last week when some idiot came on the property from the next property over. I got down and confronted him nicely because I'm not a jackass and he said he was just cutting through and didn't know anyone hunted that property. He wasn't hunting but walking through woods during gun season is dumb!
I don't hunt, so do hunters really just shoot at "movement"? If so, wow. Go back to the cabin.

Fascinated with this entire ordeal. Its impossible these are not all related..especially her and her fathers stories. Literally Cornbread Mafia ish in Bardstown.

Or a crooked cop, which would also explain the cops not really figuring it out publicly.

Was it not his grandson that shot him?
Nope. He and his grandson parked in a field to hunt. The grandson parked the truck and then returned to the truck because he forgot something. The grandfather was shot at that point.

I've seen enough 1970's detective shows to know the grandson is involved.

Whoops, I misremembered, he was with his son and grandson.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT