ADVERTISEMENT

Resting defeated face

May 5, 2015

This says so much about leadership. If an opposing player can see it on Cal's face, how do you think the players felt?
For all the talk about player body language it's inexcusable from a head coach during the defining moments of the season.

This says so much about leadership. If an opposing player can see it on Cal's face, how do you think the players felt?
For all the talk about player body language it's inexcusable from a head coach during the defining moments of the season.
They could sense it, nearly everyone in the game thread sensed it...

Cal just doesn't "inspire" his team, IMO. He loves to yell and scream, but rarely gives much needed optimism to a guy, or the team as a whole.

He's washed up, everybody can see it, so why in the hell is he still our coach?

$33 million, that's why. Mitch should be ran out of town on a rail.

And we get that kind of confidence and inspiration for the LOW, LOW price of $8+ million/year.

It's crap like this that makes Mitch's decision to bring him back even WORSE!!!

When a LOW Mid-Major SUB feels sorry for the HC at the BLUEST of the BLUE BLOODS, It's time to re-evaluate EVERYTHING!!!

How can Cal look himself in the mirror??!!!! Where is his PRIDE???!!!!!

And we get that kind of confidence and inspiration for the LOW, LOW price of $8+ million/year.

It's crap like this that makes Mitch's decision to bring him back even WORSE!!!

When a LOW Mid-Major SUB feels sorry for the HC at the BLUEST of the BLUE BLOODS, It's time to re-evaluate EVERYTHING!!!

How can Cal look himself in the mirror??!!!! Where is his PRIDE???!!!!!
Imagine a player doing that to Pitino during the 96 season.

Cal just doesn't "inspire" his team, IMO. He loves to yell and scream, but rarely gives much needed optimism to a guy, or the team as a whole.

Anyone absolving Mitch is clueless. He never considered this as a potential outcome but here we are. He put Cal in a position of leverage over the University of Kentucky.

Just shows what everyone has said for years now. Cal coaches scared and the team plays scared.

The man went from 38-2 to being pitied by an Oakland player

What a fall from grace, maybe the biggest in the history of the sport. Unfortunately, he will also severely damage Kentucky basketball on his way to the bottom...
It’s literally amazing, he can spin it all he wants but this is why we lose to scrub teams every year now. We aren’t prepared, Cal gets nervous and they other players see it. When we don’t do anything for 10-12 minutes and Cal has no answers they know they will win the game. Really really sad.

Anyone absolving Mitch is clueless. He never considered this as a potential outcome but here we are. He put Cal in a position of leverage over the University of Kentucky.
Mitch needs to be fired too, probably first. That way a new AD can come in, see how much the basketball program is in shambles and on an island by itself. They will have no connection to Cal and will want to start off with a bang getting their own guys in there. That’s how we get a head coaching change IMO.

They talked smack all week, just like K State did and Cal did nothing about it. He downplays it and “focuses” on his team. It’s obvious he sure has no idea what the other team runs or tries to do on the court.
St Pete's also talked trash then embarrassed his bum ass. Those double digit seeds literally tell everyone what they're gonna do then smoke our NBA primadonnas.

It's unreal that this is being permitted at Kentucky, I feel like I'm in a bad dream.

St Pete's also talked trash then embarrassed his bum ass. Those double digit seeds literally tell everyone what they're gonna do then smoke our NBA primadonnas.

It's unreal that this is being permitted at Kentucky, I feel like I'm in a bad dream.
We all do, it’s crazy man. I never thought I’d see the day where we lost to a 14/15 seed ever. Let alone back to back years almost. Then they are hyped they drew us and trash talk us. Like WTF is going on? Does anyone on our team have any pride?

It’s unbelievable in some aspects that present Calipari is the same human as the one roaming the sidelines a decade ago. Used to walk and look like he owned every arena he stepped in. Had a confident swagger to his demeanor without even having to say a word about it.

Now he just looks nervous that he forgot to record his Little House on the Prairie reruns or that Golden Corral will run out of his pudding. Time is undefeated I suppose, it just seems to strike some quicker than others.

It’s unbelievable in some aspects that present Calipari is the same human as the one roaming the sidelines a decade ago. Used to walk and look like he owned every arena he stepped in. Had a confident swagger to his demeanor without even having to say a word about it.

Now he just looks nervous that he forgot to record his Little House on the Prairie reruns or that Golden Corral will run out of his pudding. Time is undefeated I suppose, it just seems to strike some quicker than others.
2015 took his swag away, 2020 did something else to him. Whatever strain of Covid he caught must have taken his brain, his heart, and his pride.

Don’t even get me started on his speeches. Where he talks and then lets guys fill in the blank or when he says “How about ____________” and claps. It’s just cheesy. There’s zero fire.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT