ADVERTISEMENT

We need Adou

Adou is just a battle tough ball player. He will not fade at the basket, he will force a foul or get blocked. He will block and not allow guys to push him under the basket. Edwards is not a guy that can battle. He does not have strong hands, Bradshaw does not have strong hands, Mitchell is serviceable but not a great defender. Adou brings in attitude with his game. We need that guy, Charles Hurt, Chuck Hayes, Cliff Hawkins kind of tough guy.

We need adou back badly, he rebounds and can defend. He also makes hustle plays that this team needs
And here's a "hot take" (although I don't think it is at all): Based on everything I've seen, Thiero has a higher upside than Edwards. Thiero is more athletic, a better rebounder, a better ball handler, a better driver and a better (although much more reluctant) 3 pt. shooter.

Don’t like him?

Love him but people stating the obvious on here repeatedly gets old.

With back injuries he could be out a while. Or come back and tweak it and be out again. I don't have much expectations of thiero contributing this season due to the injuries. Hope I'm wrong.

With back injuries he could be out a while. Or come back and tweak it and be out again. I don't have much expectations of thiero contributing this season due to the injuries. Hope I'm wrong.
Complaining about officiating gets old too.
Nobody mentioned a damn thing about Theiro not even the broadcast.

Low backs are very fickle and unpredictable. I'm hoping his youth wins out and he can come back without any physical limitation or mental hesitation. But I'm starting to worry a little now.

Reactions: Easternkybb
The team needs Edwards to be good. He may never lose his starting spot but I wouldn’t be surprised to see adou taking more of his minutes as the season goes on. Imagine 3rd year adou
I agree we really need him to be good but I just think Adou can bring what we need then and there.

Reactions: wardlow and G-PIP
Miss Thiero for sure. Worried this is turning in to yet another saga of one of our guys with a nagging injury and an unknown/mysterious recovery timeline. We can’t ever have a season without multiple players out for long stretches with injuries.

Reactions: Blisterpac
Adou plays better with dilly and Sheppard anyways so I'm cool with him coming in with them two. They would look to pass to him more with his cuts

Reactions: Blisterpac
Why is Edwards starting?
Why are they trying to force him? If he was ranked where burks is he wouldn’t see the court.
Thanks for calling me stupid too.

Nope. You get to answer the questions.

How many guys has Calipari started in games because of draft stock?

If Cal was worried about Edwards stock right now he'd bury him on the bench. He wouldn't play him. What is Justin showing scouts right now that will get him drafted exactly?

All of these types of posts always set Cal up to fail no matter what.

Thiero needs to get bulk of minutes when he is back but Justin starting has absolutely nothing to do with a Cal master plan. It is just absurd that people think this.

The team needs Edwards to be good. He may never lose his starting spot but I wouldn’t be surprised to see adou taking more of his minutes as the season goes on. Imagine 3rd year adou
Yep and I'm good with this. Adou is playing a lot better than him. Edwards still needs minutes to hope the light bulb turns on for good. He's just still way too inconsistent. Wish he would just attack the rim and skip the 3s.

If Cal was worried about Edwards stock right now he'd bury him on the bench. He wouldn't play him. What is Justin showing scouts right now that will get him drafted exactly?

Thiero needs to get bulk of minutes when he is back but Justin starting has absolutely nothing to do with a Cal master plan. It is just absurd that people think this.
Nope many ppl can see the obvious whether it’s draft stock or to get him going which is laughable.
It’s happened many times before man don’t think I’m absurd lol.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Nope many ppl can see the obvious whether it’s draft stock or to get him going which is laughable.
It’s happened many times before man don’t think I’m absurd lol.
At this point he's in BJ Boston territory.
The more he plays, the more his stock will go down if those minutes are unproductive.

I enjoy a lot of your posts and think I'd get along with you fine in person - not looking to hate here, we're all Cats fans - but I really do think you defend Cal to a fault. What is there to defend, really, since 2015?

It's not the craziest thing to believe that Cal wants to keep the future pipeline intact by getting current guys drafted high. But when we have a legitimate shot this year, we need to be playing the guys who give us that best chance. Edwards ABSOLUTELY has the potential to do that, but isn't fighting hard enough. Period. I'd argue that he already should be getting less time (and more for Dillingham/Shep) and then even less when Thiero recovers. Unless he fights for it in practice. His attitude has been garbage.

That does not sound to medical lingering back problems to bad Cal cannot tell more about with all the best doctors at UK you would think he could go in more detail.

Amen, prayers for a healthy recovery, he could be the missing piece I hope he has been working on his 3 pointers
That’s my though also. He could very well be this yrs X factor. He brings a certain level of toughness imo & does some things no one else seems to do, or at least not a easily.

He is twice the player Edwards is. Maybe Edwards should take note, work his ass off to get better and come back a different player like Adeou did! But we all know that ain't gonna happen.
He may not come back but Edwards never pouts or whines, he comes in and plays hard. I don’t understand why so many people make 3-4 threads about him every week. I wouldn’t want to come back if I was hated on this much by my supposed fans honestly. He seems like a great kid too. He’s trying to find a groove and how to play at this level. I hope he gets there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT