ADVERTISEMENT

What does cal do now?

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
He has a perfect opportunity to hit the reset button on our pg by going to a much more efficient maxey. Does he go back to hagans who is a wildcard or now stick with maxey who has shown to be much more steady and has a higher bb IQ? What does cal do?

He has a perfect opportunity to hit the reset button on our pg by going to a much more efficient maxey. Does he go back to hagans who is a wildcard or now stick with maxey who has shown to be much more steady and has a higher bb IQ? What does cal do?

He plays them both and dictates end of game based on how game is going. Maxey paled well today pure PG but shooting sucked like hagans

Ive been on a brewery tour all day so ive been out of the loop. Has it been said "what" exactly his reason for leaving is?

Unless its personal, such as a death or illness, you cant let him back. You dont walk away from your team like that when they need you the most.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
Ive been on a brewery tour all day so ive been out of the loop. Has it been said "what" exactly his reason for leaving is?

Unless its personal, such as a death or illness, you cant let him back. You dont walk away from your team like that when they need you the most.

Personal. Maybe it’s mental health man. Everyone needs a mental health day. He and Cal talked about it. So. I’m sure Cal has agreed to it. And if Hagans initiated it and asked for some time I give him huge props for knowing when to step back, knowing his behavior/slump was hurting them team.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Personal. Maybe it’s mental health man. Everyone needs a mental health day. He and Cal talked about it. So. I’m sure Cal has agreed to it. And if Hagans initiated it and asked for some time I give him huge props for knowing when to step back, knowing his behavior/slump was hurting them team.

Just curious.. how many d1 players take the day off because they just arent feeling it? Im gonna guess 0.01%, if that.

If Hagans wants time off, he can leave the team for good.

Nonsense. Total nonsense.

Players don’t step away for mental health day and return back into their original role which required mental toughness. That is if your conjecture is true

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Ashton is still the guy we have to have. Before this little slump he was one of the top 3 pg’s in the country. We need Tyrese to score not run point. Ashton gets back to the December-January from and we’re good

Reactions: CB3UK
You still go with Hagans he still a beast. Hagans needs to cut down on T.O. and hit shots at the rim.

Well hagans can still play a role by playing at the 3 for his defense and hopefully rebounding. I’m of the mind that having a pg that can’t shoot is like playing with 4.5 players vs 5
Oh I agree. At this point we need to give Brooks more PT and have Hagans be the backup PG and go with that rotation. AH has been a liability, but we cant make a run with 7 dudes.

Or can we? [laughing]

Reactions: Wildcats1st
I know we don't like Bilas, but he was right couple of games ago. Without Hagans we lose one of our 2 primary scorers as one of them has to run the point. We need Ashton to be our best, but obviously he has to play well.

I thought you had enough of cal

You didn’t read my thread i had enough of cal giving in to players like hagans. Obviously cal realized something needed to change so I give him props. But again read and comprehend do just lie and make things up to attack them.

We are a better team with AH at point WHEN he plays within himself, he just hasn’t done that for awhile. Hopefully if and when he comes back, this win will show him that he wasn’t the only cog in the wheel, and we can win without him. Guess we find out soon enough.

Maxey had one fg. My guess is he had limited assists. It's not like he took the position. He just isn't great at creating for others

I know it's just one game and we can't judge someone with very little prep time. But we need Hagans to make noise in the postseason.

Ashton is still the guy we have to have. Before this little slump he was one of the top 3 pg’s in the country. We need Tyrese to score not run point. Ashton gets back to the December-January from and we’re good
This is what we all, AH included, want to happen. Its all mental at this point with him. BBN is here to support him if he puts his head on straight. Pouting and throwing tantrums, yeah....no. We all know hes capable. Lets hope he's had a come to Jesus moment for Nashville.

Reactions: KyFaninNC

When is that going to happen? We have a 2 game season now. Little slump that’s lasted 2 mos. lmao

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
We need to quit thinking we know what's going on with Hagan's. We don't...Cal does. End of story. Cal didn't get to where he is in his career letting players walk all over him.

Reactions: bbncal02

Today proved we dont "need" hagans, actually. He played himself. Im guessing, again guessing, he got tired of the criticism and the coaches on his case, and he thought he would walk away and everyone would clamor for him to come back.. but that didnt happen.

Again, if this isnt death or illness, this was a bad move on hagans part.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Maxey had one fg. My guess is he had limited assists. It's not like he took the position. He just isn't great at creating for others

I know it's just one game and we can't judge someone with very little prep time. But we need Hagans to make noise in the postseason.
Maxey had 7 assists and 1 turnover
He’s had bad shooting games before

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Just curious.. how many d1 players take the day off because they just arent feeling it? Im gonna guess 0.01%, if that.

If Hagans wants time off, he can leave the team for good.

Nonsense. Total nonsense.

Yeah I don’t like it because they team didn’t need the drama from their starting PG.

Not sure anyone knows the real reason. Most speculate suspension but Cal doesn’t tend to suspend players for talking back at him so I’m not buying that.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT