ADVERTISEMENT

I’m burnt out

So you think you are as good at violin as Cal is at coaching.......

I feel like your analogy might be a bit embellished.
I think you got my point. But I believe Cal is a pretty pitiful coach.

You're wearing yourself out with all the threads, tik tok sources, etc. Take a break. When you obsess about something you have ZERO control over, you are throwing your time away. Last night was an example - the lion's share of the fanbase is going to watch the games and go to them no matter who the coach is or how many straight home games we've lost. For many, it's an opportunity to spend time with family.

Al McGuire was right - it's never gonna stop.
You’re upset that I create threads? Also I guarantee you fans will not back Cal if they lose the first weekend in March. There will be only a handful that still support him if that happens. The majority of the fan base has already turned against Cal and people acting like this win helps cure the issue are wrong. One good win against a mediocre team doesn’t change the fact this team struggles against both bad and good competition. They are build for March right? But hell they can’t even beat a Gonzaga team in February. Cal should not have said “we are built for March” because now you have to back up that statement

I think you got my point. But I believe Cal is a pretty pitiful coach.
Yeah, I get it. I think a better analogy you could use if you wanted to disparage Cal as a coach would be:

Cal coaching is sometimes like ck-2 trying to come up with analogies, it's a bit all over the place and sometimes doesn't make much sense.

You’re upset that I create threads? Also I guarantee you fans will not back Cal if they lose the first weekend in March. There will be only a handful that still support him if that happens. The majority of the fan base has already turned against Cal and people acting like this win helps cure the issue are wrong. One good win against a mediocre team doesn’t change the fact this team struggles against both bad and good competition. They are build for March right? But hell they can’t even beat a Gonzaga team in February. Cal should not have said “we are built for March” because now you have to back up that statement
I find it interesting that you are burned out after a win. Hang in there, we’ll probably lose Saturday and your Tik Tok and X sources will start cranking out lots of new rumors for you.

I used to get excited when this team played but last night was a great example. I just feel disconnected and I just think it’s because this team has yet to prove themselves against good competition. Honestly part of me is just burnt out on the Cal era and I’m just ready for the program to hit the reset button and let’s just start fresh with someone new. Idk if I’m the only one who feels like this but how do you all feel?
Guess this is your last post until next year.

Have a good off season!

Funny you posted this. I felt the same way last night. I guess when you see how dumb Cal has become you know it's impossible for him to win another championship so there's not a lot to get excited about. The team has the talent but is so poorly mismanaged from every aspect. If you can't see it you don't fully understand the game. From Xs and Os to player rotation to how bad the defense has been this far into the season. I can spend 3 months with a high school player and guarantee you he will know how to stay low and in front of the ball compared to what we see every year from UK. Only 1 person to blame!

Your
Nawh your just mad you can’t start another 30 “ who is the next coach threads” for another couple of days, while acting like you have any sources of connections to the program.
Your correct he has an agenda to post some negative or stupid or both every day. All I can tell the SOB if you don't want to watch , don't watch but don't get on here before and after every game and whine bitch and moan about I just don't want to watch because of then insert any reason you can think of . WE DONT CARE IF YOU EVER WATCH ANOTHER GAME OR MAKE ANOTHER POST OK !

I used to get excited when this team played but last night was a great example. I just feel disconnected and I just think it’s because this team has yet to prove themselves against good competition. Honestly part of me is just burnt out on the Cal era and I’m just ready for the program to hit the reset button and let’s just start fresh with someone new. Idk if I’m the only one who feels like this but how do you all feel?

Yep, it's CCC's "Kentucky Effect"

Your

Your correct he has an agenda to post some negative or stupid or both every day. All I can tell the SOB if you don't want to watch , don't watch but don't get on here before and after every game and whine bitch and moan about I just don't want to watch because of then insert any reason you can think of . WE DONT CARE IF YOU EVER WATCH ANOTHER GAME OR MAKE ANOTHER POST OK !
I agree, I’m down on cal but I’m not gonna start threads after games they win, and especially against a decent team.

Your

That’s cool, fans like you make BBN miserable. Did I say I don’t support them? No I didn’t, but I’m glad you can sit there and continue to support Cal even when he loses time after time. Hell you act like Kentucky isn’t the greatest tradition in college basketball but yet here lately we haven’t lived up to that under Cal. So you can continue to support a coach who doesn’t give two 💩 about you or this fan base, and a coach who has given the program nothing to cheer for these last 4 seasons.

I agree, I’m down on cal but I’m not gonna start threads after games they win, and especially against a decent team.
You act like that win last time was a top tier win….. it was literally against a team who is now 2-5 in quad 1 wins and losses. Congrats on the win Kentucky but now can they actually beat good competition? I have every right to doubt this teams ability and Cals ability to coach because they haven’t proven anything to anyone! Wow getting bounced the last two years early in the tournament is such an accomplishment and we should all back Cal now since he beat Ole Miss!

Reactions: NociHTTP
Welcome to the club!!!

You act like that win last time was a top tier win….. it was literally against a team who is now 2-5 in quad 1 wins and losses. Congrats on the win Kentucky but now can they actually beat good competition? I have every right to doubt this teams ability and Cals ability to coach because they haven’t proven anything to anyone! Wow getting bounced the last two years early in the tournament is such an accomplishment and we should all back Cal now since he beat Ole Miss!
There are still problems no doubt, but ole miss isn’t a bad team like you are acting like, they are a tourney level team, so it’s a good win in a game Kentucky needed to get

Reactions: NothinButNylon
Get this troll outa here

I'm pretty similar to WeWant9. I'm not letting a few losses somehow trick me into thinking the season is a waste. Still 7 games, then SECT, then NCAAT. Blows my mind that some fans get so distraught over a few losses. Sure, get pissed, have some doubts, but not idea why everyone wants to just completely write them off.

But I agree, we need some more quality wins in order for the fanbase to EXPECT success in the NCAAT. But whether thans expect it or not, is really kinda irrelevant
I can live with losses just fine, I can live with losses even more when we are putting our best team on the floor and just get beat by an opponent that played better that night. What is hard to take is Cal’s coaching and player agenda at the expense of the team. Cal has tightened the rotation to 8 players and has firmly kept Edwards and Bradshaw as part of that rotation. Z is better than Bradshaw in every single aspect of the game at the moment and it’s not even close. Edwards could make an argument for 8th but he is starting and cal is looking to increase his minutes all the more now that his production has risen above the pathetic level. Still only 7 rebounds though last 2 games in 53 minutes. 25% of our top 8 does not need to be playing the minutes they are. That is the reason for the apathy. Cal will not let this team ever reach their full potential.

Reactions: UKNothinButNet
If your hobbies/entertainment options cause this much emotional hardship, find new ones. The btich about double digit wins crowd is tiresome. Starting to think some people are just naturally negative and aren’t happy if they can’t complain. Some posters here seem to be mad when we win and almost giddy when we lose to the point that I wonder if they’re more pro UK or anti Cal.

Hoping OP is young and hasn’t been smacked in the face by real life issues to the point that UK basketball fandom is at the top of his priority list.

I have zero control over who plays, who starts, who scores or who coaches the team.

Took me decades to learn this lesson, and it was learned the hard way - by my wife asking me repeatedly if getting so mad over something I can’t control helped make the thing I was mad about better in any way. Dammit, she was right.

Am I frustrated about the results of the last 4 seasons? Yes. Most of us are. Am I annoyed by Cal? Yes. Most of us are.

Am I chronically online complaining about it day in and day out and passing Tik Tok rumors off as legitimate, credible sources? No.

I’m happy we won, but wake me up if we beat Auburn. Can’t say this team is great beating teams like Ole Miss and Vandy.

Brother I am just like you use to be a number 1 priority the Cow has broke alot of us down I don't watch late games no more due to work and if I have something else to do on the weekends that takes the priority it's hard to get excited when every year you already know the outcome and ending

I can live with losses just fine, I can live with losses even more when we are putting our best team on the floor and just get beat by an opponent that played better that night. What is hard to take is Cal’s coaching and player agenda at the expense of the team. Cal has tightened the rotation to 8 players and has firmly kept Edwards and Bradshaw as part of that rotation. Z is better than Bradshaw in every single aspect of the game at the moment and it’s not even close. Edwards could make an argument for 8th but he is starting and cal is looking to increase his minutes all the more now that his production has risen above the pathetic level. Still only 7 rebounds though last 2 games in 53 minutes. 25% of our top 8 does not need to be playing the minutes they are. That is the reason for the apathy. Cal will not let this team ever reach their full potential.
Sorry man, but this is just absolutely false.
Bradshaw, even with his flaws, is MUCH better defensively than is Big Z. Don't let the occasional block by Z fool you, he is sooooo far behind defensively. Of all things to observe during a Kentucky basketball game, the defensive struggles for Big Z are the easiest to notice

Is he playing some guys too many minutes? That's a fair argument. But why do you think Edwards is starting to show positive flashes now? Because he was given the opportunity to work thru his "pathetic level". Some of you just don't realize that if you don't give talented players the opportunity to work thru their struggles, then the entire team won't reach their potential.

For example, if you can only use Adou at the 4, and no Edwards, then you're much, much easier for the opposing team to defend, since Adou can't really shoot and can't really handle the ball.

And fans out here begging for more Big Z (because of ONE Dontaie-Allen-esque game) but somehow not crediting Ugo with 10 blocks last night and a great overall performance. You want to win more games? DEFEND BETTER! And that means Ugo, not Z.

Reactions: Graham51
yeah they won but when have they proven they can beat good teams besides the UNC game? Ole Miss wasn’t a good team they are now 2-5 in quad 1. They have to prove they can beat teams like Bama, Auburn, and Tennessee. Cal said they are built for March but what happens when we face another Gonzaga type team or UNCW team in the first couple of rounds? I just don’t believe they are built for March and of course that can change between now and March but they have to prove they can win
This is exactly why you are "burned out". You can't be happy even in a win. I get it, it has been a tough year, the losses etc. But I chose to ride it out. I have invested this much time, no need turning back now. Now if we had been blown out of every loss, maybe I would feel different. We are a few bounces this way and a couple of stops from being 21-3. The only games we never had a chance was the @ SC and UT game. The fact ALL but a couple of teams are going to have some head scratcher losses and nearly DD losses, tells me it is wide open this year.

It is very simple, just improve some on defense, and fight for rebounds and lose balls (very easy fix, it is just play harder) and we have as good of a shot as every team except maybe UCONN and Purdue (who normally chokes). We are not like some previous years where I did not see much hope, this team, still has a chance. But even when they win and play good, they still get criticized, and Cal will get it no matter what, some of the fanbase is rooting for us to fail so Cal might be fired (he won't0, which to me, is just plan out crazy.

In short, ride it out, do not give up hope on this team, they are so close. We are only ONE game out of second place in the SEC. ONE.

Yeah, I get it. I think a better analogy you could use if you wanted to disparage Cal as a coach would be:

Cal coaching is sometimes like ck-2 trying to come up with analogies, it's a bit all over the place and sometimes doesn't make much sense.
Sorry if I offended you. Does your username the dahc stand for The Dumb Ass Head Coach?

• Haha
Reactions: kywildcat41086
Sorry man, but this is just absolutely false.
Bradshaw, even with his flaws, is MUCH better defensively than is Big Z. Don't let the occasional block by Z fool you, he is sooooo far behind defensively. Of all things to observe during a Kentucky basketball game, the defensive struggles for Big Z are the easiest to notice

Is he playing some guys too many minutes? That's a fair argument. But why do you think Edwards is starting to show positive flashes now? Because he was given the opportunity to work thru his "pathetic level". Some of you just don't realize that if you don't give talented players the opportunity to work thru their struggles, then the entire team won't reach their potential.

For example, if you can only use Adou at the 4, and no Edwards, then you're much, much easier for the opposing team to defend, since Adou can't really shoot and can't really handle the ball.

And fans out here begging for more Big Z (because of ONE Dontaie-Allen-esque game) but somehow not crediting Ugo with 10 blocks last night and a great overall performance. You want to win more games? DEFEND BETTER! And that means Ugo, not Z.
So your willing to give Edwards an entire year to work through his struggles just to get him to a point where he is becoming a serviceable role type player yet but Z because he’s behind defensively doesn’t deserve the same? In no universe is Bradshaw ahead of Z by a wide margin defensively. He may understand where to be on the floor more so than Z at the moment but that doesn’t make him a better defender. Cal himself said that Z could be a difference maker. Difference makers don’t get relegated to the bench. As a coach you find the best way to use them to get the most out of them you can and hope they improve on their weaknesses. No reason that at the very least we cannot go zone when Z is in the game for a 2 minute stretch or so. And Z is 5-7 on the year from 3 and should be getting utilized in pick and pop situations. Ugo is fine defensively but doesn’t open up the floor for us as Z does nor does Bradshaw.

So your willing to give Edwards an entire year to work through his struggles just to get him to a point where he is becoming a serviceable role type player yet but Z because he’s behind defensively doesn’t deserve the same? In no universe is Bradshaw ahead of Z by a wide margin defensively. He may understand where to be on the floor more so than Z at the moment but that doesn’t make him a better defender. Cal himself said that Z could be a difference maker. Difference makers don’t get relegated to the bench. As a coach you find the best way to use them to get the most out of them you can and hope they improve on their weaknesses. No reason that at the very least we cannot go zone when Z is in the game for a 2 minute stretch or so. And Z is 5-7 on the year from 3 and should be getting utilized in pick and pop situations. Ugo is fine defensively but doesn’t open up the floor for us as Z does nor does Bradshaw.
LOL! This tells me all I need to know about your basketball IQ....

Z CAN be a difference maker, but he isn't yet. It's not like Cal is choosing to give him 0 reps in practice and completely writing him off moving forward. But as of now, he's not it. And what more evidence do you need than last night's defensive performance? Big Z no playing time, and we have our best defensive performance of the season? Coincidence?

Do me a favor, go back in the last 10 years and show me the 2-3 zone teams that won the national title. Go back to last year's Final 4 and show me how many teams played zone.

You act like Z or zone are the highway to success. There's a reason elite teams don't zone. There's a reason teams looking to make post-season runs don't zone. So how are the Cats going to get better defensively, which we need to do, if we just resort to playing zone.

I’ve heard Kentucky Basketball is not for everyone.

I’ve got CFS right now. (Cal Fatigue Syndrome)

If he moved on, I’d say “Thank you for your service, we had some great times” and be very excited about the next chapter.

Maybe his “Built For March” BS will come true. (Don’t blame him one bit for saying it BTW)

If it does, I’ll say “Great job, Cal, Reload and Fire Away”. but until then……. CFS

Reactions: CatsFanIL
That’s cool, fans like you make BBN miserable. Did I say I don’t support them? No I didn’t, but I’m glad you can sit there and continue to support Cal even when he loses time after time. Hell you act like Kentucky isn’t the greatest tradition in college basketball but yet here lately we haven’t lived up to that under Cal. So you can continue to support a coach who doesn’t give two 💩 about you or this fan base, and a coach who has given the program nothing to cheer for these last 4 seasons.
Actually, fans that post negative threads AFTER A GREAT KENTUCKY WIN make BBN miserable. I'm pretty sure on that, most all of us can agree...

If your hobbies/entertainment options cause this much emotional hardship, find new ones. The btich about double digit wins crowd is tiresome. Starting to think some people are just naturally negative and aren’t happy if they can’t complain. Some posters here seem to be mad when we win and almost giddy when we lose to the point that I wonder if they’re more pro UK or anti Cal.

Hoping OP is young and hasn’t been smacked in the face by real life issues to the point that UK basketball fandom is at the top of his priority list.

I have zero control over who plays, who starts, who scores or who coaches the team.

Took me decades to learn this lesson, and it was learned the hard way - by my wife asking me repeatedly if getting so mad over something I can’t control helped make the thing I was mad about better in any way. Dammit, she was right.

Am I frustrated about the results of the last 4 seasons? Yes. Most of us are. Am I annoyed by Cal? Yes. Most of us are.

Am I chronically online complaining about it day in and day out and passing Tik Tok rumors off as legitimate, credible sources? No.
I'm not kidding, there are posters on here that would rather us NOT win games just so they can criticize Cal and call for him to be fired. I don't know how many of them will fess up, but they exist. A caller basically said that exact thing on KSR - he'd rather Kentucky NOT win in the postseason that way we can part ways with Cal.

What kind of backwards dipsh*t thinks like that?

Reactions: kywildcat41086

Z CAN be a difference maker, but he isn't yet. It's not like Cal is choosing to give him 0 reps in practice and completely writing him off moving forward. But as of now, he's not it. And what more evidence do you need than last night's defensive performance? Big Z no playing time, and we have our best defensive performance of the season? Coincidence?

Do me a favor, go back in the last 10 years and show me the 2-3 zone teams that won the national title. Go back to last year's Final 4 and show me how many teams played zone.

You act like Z or zone are the highway to success. There's a reason elite teams don't zone. There's a reason teams looking to make post-season runs don't zone. So how are the Cats going to get better defensively, which we need to do, if we just resort to playing zone.
Long read but does explain why it’s a good idea to have in your back pocket. Duke played 2-3 six times agains Wis in 2015 to win title. Played primarily in 2018 to reach elite 8.

I'm not saying we should all be excited after last night.

But this sort of post usually comes after a loss, not a win.

No. We've been losing. We didn't look good last night and most of us are exhausted with bad basketball.

My basketball IQ is fine. I have been a paid basketball coach in my lifetime, can you say the same? Positioning on defense is just one element of defense. Bradshaw has been abused in the post over and over and over. Z isn’t going to learn by sitting and watching, that only comes with playing, Don’t think I ever advocated for becoming a “zone” team rather a team that can and will play zone when it’s called for. Where was the “best” defense against Gonzaga in the 2nd half when Z also didn’t play. How’s that for your coincidence? Hilarious how you try and blame Z for a season worth of struggle on defense and he has now played in a total of 6 games and 56 total minutes 😂

Reactions: sluggercatfan
I'm not kidding, there are posters on here that would rather us NOT win games just so they can criticize Cal and call for him to be fired. I don't know how many of them will fess up, but they exist. A caller basically said that exact thing on KSR - he'd rather Kentucky NOT win in the postseason that way we can part ways with Cal.

What kind of backwards dipsh*t thinks like that?
Hell they do that even in a win. They will try and take away any credit Cal may have had in the win. We said Few outcoached Cal, OK, so that means Cal outcoached the great Chris Beard, we where only 8 point favorites and lead by 10 or more for 70% of the game and won by 12 and played solid defense. Can't have it both ways, give him credit in defeat, but you have to give him credit in a win. It is just how it works. Well for most sane fans who is not just looking for reason, just or unjust to pile on the coach win or lose.

Reactions: CatsFanIL
No. We've been losing. We didn't look good last night and most of us are exhausted with bad basketball.
Care to explain how we did not look good last night ? Other than 12 silly turnovers that Cal had nothing to do with ? We played solid defense, rebounded, played hard, won by 12 in a game we was favored by 8, and was never in jeopardy of losing ? What (other than careless turnovers), was so bad ?

This is exactly why you are "burned out". You can't be happy even in a win. I get it, it has been a tough year, the losses etc. But I chose to ride it out. I have invested this much time, no need turning back now. Now if we had been blown out of every loss, maybe I would feel different. We are a few bounces this way and a couple of stops from being 21-3. The only games we never had a chance was the @ SC and UT game. The fact ALL but a couple of teams are going to have some head scratcher losses and nearly DD losses, tells me it is wide open this year.

It is very simple, just improve some on defense, and fight for rebounds and lose balls (very easy fix, it is just play harder) and we have as good of a shot as every team except maybe UCONN and Purdue (who normally chokes). We are not like some previous years where I did not see much hope, this team, still has a chance. But even when they win and play good, they still get criticized, and Cal will get it no matter what, some of the fanbase is rooting for us to fail so Cal might be fired (he won't0, which to me, is just plan out crazy.

In short, ride it out, do not give up hope on this team, they are so close. We are only ONE game out of second place in the SEC. ONE.
Because the win means absolutely nothing. Why should I be happy with the team when they haven’t proven anything? Last week everyone was bashing Cal about Gonzaga and everyone acts like this win just fixes all the issues of the season. I want this team to win it all, but they have to prove they can do that. Dropping games to bad teams isn’t a good look for anybody. So again I will support them and I hope they win the rest of their games but I’m not getting my hopes up. They need to show people they can beat the good teams and play defense before they even think about making a run in March

Hell they do that even in a win. They will try and take away any credit Cal may have had in the win. We said Few outcoached Cal, OK, so that means Cal outcoached the great Chris Beard, we where only 8 point favorites and lead by 10 or more for 70% of the game and won by 12 and played solid defense. Can't have it both ways, give him credit in defeat, but you have to give him credit in a win. It is just how it works. Well for most sane fans who is not just looking for reason, just or unjust to pile on the coach win or lose.
I’ve always supported Cal but when I watch the team I grew up watching just burn to the ground because of his coaching ability it gets old after so long. I hope Cal wins a championship this year, but if they lose early in March trust me I won’t be the only one ready to kick him out of Lexington

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT