ADVERTISEMENT

I’m burnt out

Long read but does explain why it’s a good idea to have in your back pocket. Duke played 2-3 six times agains Wis in 2015 to win title. Played primarily in 2018 to reach elite 8.

It’s unfathomable to me why any coach would not have multiple defenses in their arsenal regardless how well they play one defense or another.

Because the win means absolutely nothing. Why should I be happy with the team when they haven’t proven anything? Last week everyone was bashing Cal about Gonzaga and everyone acts like this win just fixes all the issues of the season. I want this team to win it all, but they have to prove they can do that. Dropping games to bad teams isn’t a good look for anybody. So again I will support them and I hope they win the rest of their games but I’m not getting my hopes up. They need to show people they can beat the good teams and play defense before they even think about making a run in March
I agree with your sentiment. But can you at least admit last night was a STEP in the right direction ? If you can't, then you are not trying. They had 6 kills in last nights game. A kill is three straight possessions without the other team scoring. So six times, they went 3 straight times down the floor and didn't give up a basket. That is improvement. They also, which nobody really says much about this, rebounded the ball and got after 50/50 balls last night. Even as bad as our defense has been (not all is coaching, players even said it) if we just win the hustle and determination plays (rebounds and 50/50 balls on the floor), they still win several of those games. So yes the defense has been bad, but a lot of it is from effort given by the players, which also reflects in the rebounding and loose balls. If the guys are not diving on the floor and getting after rebounds, chances are they will not give the effort needed to play defense. All it takes is for ONE guy to breakdown and it kills the whole team on defense. Reeves and Onyenso stated as much. They admitted the team hasn't given an all out effort.
You can blame the coach for it, but the players are a lot to blame. You can coach and teach all you want, it the players are not doing it, it goes to waste.

It’s unfathomable to me why any coach would not have multiple defenses in their arsenal regardless how well they play one defense or another.
I believe Cal’s recruiting angle is preparing them for the nba. Playing zone although can be very effective at times does not relate to the nba. He probably tells them zone is a waste of time. We know without a doubt he priority is players before winning. I can’t image he is so dumb that he didn’t recognize a zone would have slowed the Zags.

I used to get excited when this team played but last night was a great example. I just feel disconnected and I just think it’s because this team has yet to prove themselves against good competition. Honestly part of me is just burnt out on the Cal era and I’m just ready for the program to hit the reset button and let’s just start fresh with someone new. Idk if I’m the only one who feels like this but how do you all feel?
I got burnt out when cow got them knee burns

Care to explain how we did not look good last night ? Other than 12 silly turnovers that Cal had nothing to do with ? We played solid defense, rebounded, played hard, won by 12 in a game we was favored by 8, and was never in jeopardy of losing ? What (other than careless turnovers), was so bad ?

Yeah dude, we looked great. Final-4 or bust.

Reactions: RunninRichie
My basketball IQ is fine. I have been a paid basketball coach in my lifetime, can you say the same? Positioning on defense is just one element of defense. Bradshaw has been abused in the post over and over and over. Z isn’t going to learn by sitting and watching, that only comes with playing, Don’t think I ever advocated for becoming a “zone” team rather a team that can and will play zone when it’s called for. Where was the “best” defense against Gonzaga in the 2nd half when Z also didn’t play. How’s that for your coincidence? Hilarious how you try and blame Z for a season worth of struggle on defense and he has now played in a total of 6 games and 56 total minutes 😂
I've coached HS basketball for 15 years, and I seriously doubt you can say that. Again, your previous statement tells me all I need to know about your basketball IQ....

Kentucky just had its best defensive performance of the season, and guess what, they did it WITHOUT Big Z, and guess what, WITHOUT playing zone.

"Basketball for dummies" on Amazon Prime, check it out...

Because the win means absolutely nothing. Why should I be happy with the team when they haven’t proven anything? Last week everyone was bashing Cal about Gonzaga and everyone acts like this win just fixes all the issues of the season. I want this team to win it all, but they have to prove they can do that. Dropping games to bad teams isn’t a good look for anybody. So again I will support them and I hope they win the rest of their games but I’m not getting my hopes up. They need to show people they can beat the good teams and play defense before they even think about making a run in March
First off, we're a FANbase. They don't need to "prove" anything to us. How egotistical and outlandish is it that our fanbase should think these players need to prove something to us? We don't decide if they win or lose, we don't decide their playing time, we don't decide the Xs and Os - we are FANS. We should support our team.

They dropped some games they shouldn't. Ok, so don't go around poppin' off about how this team is destined for a national title. Doesn't mean we need to burn down the program hurl as many possible criticisms - publicly especially - towards players and coaches.

We win a game against a solid Ole Miss team, have our best defensive effort of the entire season, and instead of finding hope in it, we have fans that nitpick to find something else to complain about. It's probably the most complete game we played all year - against and SEC foe - CURRENTLY IN THE NCAAT - but we've got fans that can't be happy because Big Z didn't play, Reed didn't start, we didn't play zone, Cal is still the coach, etc...

Yeah dude, we looked great. Final-4 or bust.
So many homers on this board, it's actually embarrasing. Everyone here after a loss talks up facts. Then we beat some bum team and everyone is fired up talking about

''step in the right direction''
''if you dont like that you're just a depressed loser''
''Ugo looks like Anthony Davis''
''Defense loosk great''
''Cal coached a great game last night''

Then, we play a good team, lose by 10+, and the cycle repeats.

I agree with your sentiment. But can you at least admit last night was a STEP in the right direction ? If you can't, then you are not trying. They had 6 kills in last nights game. A kill is three straight possessions without the other team scoring. So six times, they went 3 straight times down the floor and didn't give up a basket. That is improvement. They also, which nobody really says much about this, rebounded the ball and got after 50/50 balls last night. Even as bad as our defense has been (not all is coaching, players even said it) if we just win the hustle and determination plays (rebounds and 50/50 balls on the floor), they still win several of those games. So yes the defense has been bad, but a lot of it is from effort given by the players, which also reflects in the rebounding and loose balls. If the guys are not diving on the floor and getting after rebounds, chances are they will not give the effort needed to play defense. All it takes is for ONE guy to breakdown and it kills the whole team on defense. Reeves and Onyenso stated as much. They admitted the team hasn't given an all out effort.
You can blame the coach for it, but the players are a lot to blame. You can coach and teach all you want, it the players are not doing it, it goes to waste.
It is a step in the right direction but now they have to build off that and play better defense against teams like Auburn and Tennessee. Until then I won’t say this team can make a run, it can all change this weekend but they have to step it up once again and prove they can be a good defensive team and still continue to be elite on offense

I've coached HS basketball for 15 years, and I seriously doubt you can say that. Again, your previous statement tells me all I need to know about your basketball IQ....

Kentucky just had its best defensive performance of the season, and guess what, they did it WITHOUT Big Z, and guess what, WITHOUT playing zone.

"Basketball for dummies" on Amazon Prime, check it out...
Tell me what about my statement tells you all you need to know about my BIQ? Generally curious how being better in one element of defense makes Bradshaw vastly superior on the defensive end compared to Z. You also failed to address the half against Gonzaga when Z also didn’t play and we also didn’t play zone why our defense looked so porous (actually it was grade school level bad) Bradshaw played about half of the 2nd half by the way. Let’s compare their stats for the 6 games

Bradshaw: 83 minutes/27 points/23 rebounds/2 blocks/1 assist/1 steal

Z: 58 minutes/35 points/21 rebounds/7 blocks/4 assist/2 steals

In 25 less minutes Z beat out Bradshaw in every single statistical category except rebounds with just 2 less.

Now after you explain the first parts of my question I would like you to explain how Bradshaw is an overall better fit for our team having lined up for you their production levels over the 6 games each have both played in.

And you are correct, after starting a career out in coaching in my younger days I opted to go a different direction. My basketball IQ, however is still quite there, you suggesting otherwise for a reason I doubt you can even begin to offer up an explanation on is laughable in of itself.

Tell me what about my statement tells you all you need to know about my BIQ? Generally curious how being better in one element of defense makes Bradshaw vastly superior on the defensive end compared to Z. You also failed to address the half against Gonzaga when Z also didn’t play and we also didn’t play zone why our defense looked so porous (actually it was grade school level bad) Bradshaw played about half of the 2nd half by the way. Let’s compare their stats for the 6 games

Bradshaw: 83 minutes/27 points/23 rebounds/2 blocks/1 assist/1 steal

Z: 58 minutes/35 points/21 rebounds/7 blocks/4 assist/2 steals

In 25 less minutes Z beat out Bradshaw in every single statistical category except rebounds with just 2 less.

Now after you explain the first parts of my question I would like you to explain how Bradshaw is an overall better fit for our team having lined up for you their production levels over the 6 games each have both played in.

And you are correct, after starting a career out in coaching in my younger days I opted to go a different direction. My basketball IQ, however is still quite there, you suggesting otherwise for a reason I doubt you can even begin to offer up an explanation on is laughable in of itself.
Alright, so here we go....let's examine your "claims" one by one...

"In 25 less minutes Z beat out Bradshaw in every single statistical category except rebounds with just 2 less." So you actually coached, correct? So I assume you know that statstical categories are often misleading and certainly don't tell the entire story. For example, a defensive player altering shots - not going to show up in the box score. The good screens an offensive player sets, not in the box score. How much a defender helps the team in correct rotations and position, not in the box score. But you knew all that, right, Coach?

"Ugo is fine defensively". Haha yeah ok. He just had 10 blocks in a single game and altered/deterred other shots. He doesn't get bullied in the paint. He rebounds. He sets ball-screens. He executes in the dunker spot. But because he can't shoot 3s he's not more serviceable than Big Z? Yeah, ok "coach"

"Bradshaw has been abused in the post over and over and over". LOL! Have you watched Z in the post?!?

"He may understand where to be on the floor more so than Z at the moment but that doesn’t make him a better defender." Again, I dont' think I can even attempt to take you seriously

"Edwards could make an argument for 8th but he is starting and cal is looking to increase his minutes all the more now that his production has risen above the pathetic level". Ok, so let me get this correct. In your illustrious coaching career, when you had a player that started playing better, you did NOT give them more playing time? That seems.....right?

"Z is better than Bradshaw in every single aspect of the game at the moment and it’s not even close." Screening, post defense, defensive position, defensive rotation, etc

I'm curious, since you're into listing stats. Why didn't you list turnovers when comparing Bradshaw and Big Z? Z is MUCH more likely to turn the ball over than Bradshaw. Bradshaw is actually averaging more points per game, which you can argue minutes played, sure - but look at the outlier of the Georgia game for Big Z...

Bradshaw averages more TRB, ORB, and DRB than Big Z. AB gets more steals, has a better Assist/TO ratio. I'm actually getting bored of proving you wrong at this point...

"Hilarious how you try and blame Z for a season worth of struggle on defense and he has now played in a total of 6 games and 56 total minutes 😂". Hilarious that we're coming off our best defensive performance of the season, best overall performance of the season, yet you're unhappy because Big Z - who missed 4 months of practice - wasn't a part of the game. Hilarious, "coach"...

"In 25 less minutes Z beat out Bradshaw in every single statistical category except rebounds with just 2 less." So you actually coached, correct? So I assume you know that statstical categories are often misleading and certainly don't tell the entire story. For example, a defensive player altering shots - not going to show up in the box score. The good screens an offensive player sets, not in the box score. How much a defender helps the team in correct rotations and position, not in the box score. But you knew all that, right, Coach?

"Ugo is fine defensively". Haha yeah ok. He just had 10 blocks in a single game and altered/deterred other shots. He doesn't get bullied in the paint. He rebounds. He sets ball-screens. He executes in the dunker spot. But because he can't shoot 3s he's not more serviceable than Big Z? Yeah, ok "coach"

"Bradshaw has been abused in the post over and over and over". LOL! Have you watched Z in the post?!?

"He may understand where to be on the floor more so than Z at the moment but that doesn’t make him a better defender." Again, I dont' think I can even attempt to take you seriously

"Edwards could make an argument for 8th but he is starting and cal is looking to increase his minutes all the more now that his production has risen above the pathetic level". Ok, so let me get this correct. In your illustrious coaching career, when you had a player that started playing better, you did NOT give them more playing time? That seems.....right?

"Z is better than Bradshaw in every single aspect of the game at the moment and it’s not even close." Screening, post defense, defensive position, defensive rotation, etc

I'm curious, since you're into listing stats. Why didn't you list turnovers when comparing Bradshaw and Big Z? Z is MUCH more likely to turn the ball over than Bradshaw. Bradshaw is actually averaging more points per game, which you can argue minutes played, sure - but look at the outlier of the Georgia game for Big Z...

Bradshaw averages more TRB, ORB, and DRB than Big Z. AB gets more steals, has a better Assist/TO ratio. I'm actually getting bored of proving you wrong at this point...

"Hilarious how you try and blame Z for a season worth of struggle on defense and he has now played in a total of 6 games and 56 total minutes 😂". Hilarious that we're coming off our best defensive performance of the season, best overall performance of the season, yet you're unhappy because Big Z - who missed 4 months of practice - wasn't a part of the game. Hilarious, "coach"...
Not sure where you think you have proven me wrong (other than your own damn mind) but you haven’t come close. Z has turned the ball over more than Bradshaw has, big whoopedy Do. I also notice Z tends to have the ball in his hands more when he does play than Bradshaw does. Z’s 5 more blocked shots offset his 5 more turnovers but the fact remains Z’s turnovers, much like his defense is a result of not playing rather than just being poor at it. His upside is so much greater than bradshaws. I actually feel sorry for your team if your talent evaluation is this poor. Hopefully you’re just an assistant.

And you still didn’t address that 2nd half defense against Gonzaga!!!! It’s ok some things are not defensible 😂

Not sure where you think you have proven me wrong (other than your own damn mind) but you haven’t come close. Z has turned the ball over more than Bradshaw has, big whoopedy Do. I also notice Z tends to have the ball in his hands more when he does play than Bradshaw does. Z’s 5 more blocked shots offset his 5 more turnovers but the fact remains Z’s turnovers, much like his defense is a result of not playing rather than just being poor at it. His upside is so much greater than bradshaws. I actually feel sorry for your team if your talent evaluation is this poor. Hopefully you’re just an assistant.
It's not my fault if you can't keep up with the argument. Carry on, "coach". YMCA peewee hoops needs you back on the sideline

it is all a moot point. Why you ask ? Because Z will never play 25 mpg. Hell he would be lucky to play 15 before fouling out. Also another stat Bradshaw is better in. I love watching Z play, it is exciting. But you just simply can't depend on it for any sustainable time. Mix in the awful turnovers, running around like a chicken with his head cut off (both on the defensive and offensive side), and he just doesn't instill any trust that he can play significant minutes. Not all his fault with the late arriving and even after arriving missing time. But the fact of the matter is, he has to know where he is suppose to be, quit trying to make the circus plays, but most important, QUIT FOULING. Why does he foul so much ? Because he doesn't know how to play and is out of position OFTEN.

I just do not think there is enough time for him to grasp all of the stuff he is way behind on, not to mention he is accustomed to playing a completely different game over seas. I would LOVE for him to come back, have a full summer to adapt and learn. He would be a stud next year. unfortunately there is just not enough time this year to grasp it all. he seems to be very happy and love UK (if not he would have gave up on getting qualified), so I think he will.

You may be the dumbest son of bitch alive to try and make this argument. Bradshaw averages twice the game minutes than does Z and yet his averages are barely above Z’s. 4.2 rebounds to 3.5, ORB 1.8/1.7. And bradshaws awesome assist/TO ratio is .02/.04 while Z’s is .07/1.0. And in the 6 games I outlined that both have played in Bradshaw did not get more steals than Z. He only has more steals than Z because he actually plays more (shocking I know). Good lord, no wonder basketball players suck at fundamentals these days with idiots like you as their teachers.

it is all a moot point. Why you ask ? Because Z will never play 25 mpg. Hell he would be lucky to play 15 before fouling out. Also another stat Bradshaw is better in. I love watching Z play, it is exciting. But you just simply can't depend on it for any sustainable time. Mix in the awful turnovers, running around like a chicken with his head cut off (both on the defensive and offensive side), and he just doesn't instill any trust that he can play significant minutes. Not all his fault with the late arriving and even after arriving missing time. But the fact of the matter is, he has to know where he is suppose to be, quit trying to make the circus plays, but most important, QUIT FOULING. Why does he foul so much ? Because he doesn't know how to play and is out of position OFTEN.

I just do not think there is enough time for him to grasp all of the stuff he is way behind on, not to mention he is accustomed to playing a completely different game over seas. I would LOVE for him to come back, have a full summer to adapt and learn. He would be a stud next year. unfortunately there is just not enough time this year to grasp it all. he seems to be very happy and love UK (if not he would have gave up on getting qualified), so I think he will.
He actually played 11 minutes in the first half against Gonzaga without committing a foul.

You may be the dumbest son of bitch alive to try and make this argument. Bradshaw averages twice the game minutes than does Z and yet his averages are barely above Z’s. 4.2 rebounds to 3.5, ORB 1.8/1.7. And bradshaws awesome assist/TO ratio is .02/.04 while Z’s is .07/1.0. And in the 6 games I outlined that both have played in Bradshaw did not get more steals than Z. He only has more steals than Z because he actually plays more (shocking I know). Good lord, no wonder basketball players suck at fundamentals these days with idiots like you as their teachers.
Ahhhh yes, the classic: "I know I've lost the argument so I'll resort to name-calling". Sooooo predictable.

I provided you with facts. Not totals, which are simply a result of playing time. But averages, much more appropriate for the argument. You said there was NO AREA in the game which Bradshaw is better than Z. I provided you with multiple.

Now I'm more convinced than ever that it wasn't *your* decision to move on from coaching. Don't worry, coaches get fired all the time for incompetence.

Ahhhh yes, the classic: "I know I've lost the argument so I'll resort to name-calling". Sooooo predictable.

I provided you with facts. Not totals, which are simply a result of playing time. But averages, much more appropriate for the argument. You said there was NO AREA in the game which Bradshaw is better than Z. I provided you with multiple.

Now I'm more convinced than ever that it wasn't *your* decision to move on from coaching. Don't worry, coaches get fired all the time for incompetence.
You provided averages/game. If player 1 plays twice the minutes as player 2 then stands to reason players 1 averages would be higher than player 2. They really should be double since in fact they get double the minutes. The only fact you have given me here is it takes Bradshaw playing twice as much as z to produce the same. I hope you aren’t also a math teacher. Your classes would be riveting!!!!!!

You provided averages/game. If player 1 plays twice the minutes as player 2 then stands to reason players 1 averages would be higher than player 2. They really should be double since in fact they get double the minutes. The only fact you have given me here is it takes Bradshaw playing twice as much as z to produce the same. I hope you aren’t also a math teacher. Your classes would be riveting!!!!!!
Wait, so if that's true, then why doesn't Bradshaw have more turnovers on average compared to Big Z? You know, that is of course, if you weren't wrong....again....

Wasn't Kentucky down 10 points at the half? And gave up 42 points? Yayyyyy for Big Z not commiting a foul!!!
The post I responded too said Z could not play without fouling thus my post. Your reply too mine makes no sense but not surprising given all your other babble. I don’t think Z himself gave up 42 points unless he was the only one on the floor.

The post I responded too said Z could not play without fouling thus my post. Your reply too mine makes no sense but not surprising given all your other babble. I don’t think Z himself gave up 42 points unless he was the only one on the floor.
Ohhhh you know the point. But it's easier for you to try and save face and claim ignorance (not a stretch though, amirite?!).

I'd also point out: the half Big Z played, Kentucky scored 32 points. The half he did NOT play, Kentucky scored 53 points. So it's almost as if, like, you know, Kentucky is pretttttty good offensively without Big Z.

Wait, so if that's true, then why doesn't Bradshaw have more turnovers on average compared to Big Z? You know, that is of course, if you weren't wrong....again....
Already conceded that Z has more turnovers than Bradshaw. Would you like a cookie? You have made one point so I don’t blame you to keep hammering at it because you have nothing else.

Ohhhh you know the point. But it's easier for you to try and save face and claim ignorance (not a stretch though, amirite?!).

I'd also point out: the half Big Z played, Kentucky scored 32 points. The half he did NOT play, Kentucky scored 53 points. So it's almost as if, like, you know, Kentucky is pretttttty good offensively without Big Z.
The point is you don’t like Z, I get it. You have some sort of weird hard on fetish for Bradshaw and have taken every attempt you can to discredit anything Z. Maybe you’re xenophobic, maybe you got dumped by a Croatian, not sure what your issue is but either way are not good at evaluating talent.

Already conceded that Z has more turnovers than Bradshaw. Would you like a cookie? You have made one point so I don’t blame you to keep hammering at it because you have nothing else.
Here's a fun fact for you: Just because you ignore other people's points, or intentionally decide to "move the goalposts", doesn't in fact mean the point doesn't remain.

But it's all good man, you carry on with your agenda.

The point is you don’t like Z, I get it. You have some sort of weird hard on fetish for Bradshaw and have taken every attempt you can to discredit anything Z. Maybe you’re xenophobic, maybe you got dumped by a Croatian, not sure what your issue is but either way are not good at evaluating talent.
You couldn't be further from the truth. But here's how the real world works for rational people: You can be a fan of someone and still recognize their flaws. You can NOT be a fan of someone and still recognize their strengths.

You can HATE CAL but still realize Kentucky just played their best basketball game of the entire season without Big Z seeing the floor. You can still rationally admit that an inexperienced player that missed the first 4 months of the season IS BEHIND the rest of the players on the team. Just imagine if you weren't aware of the 3-minute stretch vs Georgia, analyze his game aside from that stretch

Big Z is my 5-year old son's favorite player. It's Reed for me, then Reeves, then Tre, then Big Z.

So again, posters who don't have an argument and have lost said argument multiple times, they result to "you're just a Big Z hater". Carry on...

You couldn't be further from the truth. But here's how the real world works for rational people: You can be a fan of someone and still recognize their flaws. You can NOT be a fan of someone and still recognize their strengths.

You can HATE CAL but still realize Kentucky just played their best basketball game of the entire season without Big Z seeing the floor. You can still rationally admit that an inexperienced player that missed the first 4 months of the season IS BEHIND the rest of the players on the team. Just imagine if you weren't aware of the 3-minute stretch vs Georgia, analyze his game aside from that stretch

Big Z is my 5-year old son's favorite player. It's Reed for me, then Reeves, then Tre, then Big Z.

So again, posters who don't have an argument and have lost said argument multiple times, they result to "you're just a Big Z hater". Carry on...
Of course Big Z is behind but he is not behind Bradshaw which is the whole entire argument. If you want to argue that Bradshaw is a better defender than Z, then for the sake of compromise I’ll give that to you BUT bradshaws defense still sucks and after playing 17 games it is not getting better. We know what we have with Bradshaw and he is not going to make the team better or be a potential difference maker than Z could potentially be. Goal post have never moved, that has always been the main point. I’ve still not lost any argument either but you seem hell bent on declaring victory!!!

Of course Big Z is behind but he is not behind Bradshaw which is the whole entire argument. If you want to argue that Bradshaw is a better defender than Z, then for the sake of compromise I’ll give that to you BUT bradshaws defense still sucks and after playing 17 games it is not getting better. We know what we have with Bradshaw and he is not going to make the team better or be a potential difference maker than Z could potentially be. Goal post have never moved, that has always been the main point. I’ve still not lost any argument either but you seem hell bent on declaring victory!!!
I guess you'll have to go back and show me where I described Bradshaw as something other than simply better defensively than Big Z. In fact, I brought up Onyenso because he is clearly the best defensive presence in the post. Bradshaw, better defensively than Z. Z, better offensively than Bradshaw, and depending on how Cal is using him, better than Onyenso as well, again offensively.

I would maybe argue that we don't exactly know what we have with AB - similar to Edwards, there's still development there. Don't forget, AB hit the game-winning 3 (for the most part) against Florida in a pick/pop at the end of the game. He shoots 55% from the field, 25% from 3. If he can show that he shoots it better, and with his athleticism, that's dangerous and absolutely a difference maker. I don't know what his shooting numbers look like in practice, but I'm sure it's taken into consideration. Just like whether Big Z is fully participating in practice or not.

But if you're talking in the here and now, Big Z shoots it better. Big Z has skill and finesse. But he's a little loose with the ball too, and gets pushed around. I don't know what Cal is telling him to execute on offense, so I can't speak to whether he's fitting in with the offensive gameplan or not.

To summarize: You said there was no category Bradshaw was better than Z, I gave you multiple. I hate Big Z, you were wrong. If you actually go back to post #97, I gave you a line-itemized rundown of what you were wrong about. But again, much more convenienct for you to ignore...

I guess you'll have to go back and show me where I described Bradshaw as something other than simply better defensively than Big Z. In fact, I brought up Onyenso because he is clearly the best defensive presence in the post. Bradshaw, better defensively than Z. Z, better offensively than Bradshaw, and depending on how Cal is using him, better than Onyenso as well, again offensively.

I would maybe argue that we don't exactly know what we have with AB - similar to Edwards, there's still development there. Don't forget, AB hit the game-winning 3 (for the most part) against Florida in a pick/pop at the end of the game. He shoots 55% from the field, 25% from 3. If he can show that he shoots it better, and with his athleticism, that's dangerous and absolutely a difference maker. I don't know what his shooting numbers look like in practice, but I'm sure it's taken into consideration. Just like whether Big Z is fully participating in practice or not.

But if you're talking in the here and now, Big Z shoots it better. Big Z has skill and finesse. But he's a little loose with the ball too, and gets pushed around. I don't know what Cal is telling him to execute on offense, so I can't speak to whether he's fitting in with the offensive gameplan or not.

To summarize: You said there was no category Bradshaw was better than Z, I gave you multiple. I hate Big Z, you were wrong. If you actually go back to post #97, I gave you a line-itemized rundown of what you were wrong about. But again, much more convenienct for you to ignore...
But I haven’t been wrong about anything, just because you don’t agree with me doesn’t mean I’m wrong. I do think Z is a better defender than Bradshaw and it’s proven by his 7 blocked shots to bradshaws 2 in the same games they have played. Z is more lost on defense but that will get cleaned up with playing time. Z needs to learn how he can play and that only comes with playing time not watching Bradshaw get abused. 7 replies to me, maybe 8, have lost count and still nothing regarding Gonzaga 2nd half defense 😂. Guess ignoring is the best strategy.

The game tomorrow will start out at 0-0. That’s as close as we will get. I see no chance of us winning down there. Show up, take the L and move on.

I used to get excited when this team played but last night was a great example. I just feel disconnected and I just think it’s because this team has yet to prove themselves against good competition. Honestly part of me is just burnt out on the Cal era and I’m just ready for the program to hit the reset button and let’s just start fresh with someone new. Idk if I’m the only one who feels like this but how do you all feel?
I feel ya, I’m not burnt out because many times this year I got the butterflies/anxiety of a close game. After the defense didn’t improve and we lost that Florida game I just knew we are at that point again. It just feels like the same ole stuff. If we don’t have a good March I agree. It’s probably needed anyway. Just a different coaching message, strategy, and fresh start.

I feel ya. For me it’s all due to Cal. The sickening part to me is this team has talent. Coaches and fans dream of assembling three players like Reeves, Sheppard, and Dillingham along with the rest of the team. Should have made for a great season. But it takes more than just recruiting them.
A Stradivarius violin in the hands of a competent violinist is capable of beautiful music. In my hands it would sound like garbage. That’s what we’re dealing with now and have been for years.
That’s why I think tomorrow will show how the rest of the season will go. We eventually have got to beat a good team on the road, and then at home if we want any kind of chance for a run. If we show up and get blown out then it’s over.

Reactions: ck-2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT