ADVERTISEMENT

I’m burnt out

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
I used to get excited when this team played but last night was a great example. I just feel disconnected and I just think it’s because this team has yet to prove themselves against good competition. Honestly part of me is just burnt out on the Cal era and I’m just ready for the program to hit the reset button and let’s just start fresh with someone new. Idk if I’m the only one who feels like this but how do you all feel?

I feel ya. For me it’s all due to Cal. The sickening part to me is this team has talent. Coaches and fans dream of assembling three players like Reeves, Sheppard, and Dillingham along with the rest of the team. Should have made for a great season. But it takes more than just recruiting them.
A Stradivarius violin in the hands of a competent violinist is capable of beautiful music. In my hands it would sound like garbage. That’s what we’re dealing with now and have been for years.

I'm not saying we should all be excited after last night.

But this sort of post usually comes after a loss, not a win.
yeah they won but when have they proven they can beat good teams besides the UNC game? Ole Miss wasn’t a good team they are now 2-5 in quad 1. They have to prove they can beat teams like Bama, Auburn, and Tennessee. Cal said they are built for March but what happens when we face another Gonzaga type team or UNCW team in the first couple of rounds? I just don’t believe they are built for March and of course that can change between now and March but they have to prove they can win

I used to get excited when this team played but last night was a great example. I just feel disconnected and I just think it’s because this team has yet to prove themselves against good competition. Honestly part of me is just burnt out on the Cal era and I’m just ready for the program to hit the reset button and let’s just start fresh with someone new. Idk if I’m the only one who feels like this but how do you all feel?
I feel the same way. In fact, I went to bed before half time. Just don't really care about this team or coach any longer.

I’m just going let the season play out at this point. That losing stretch killed my hopes of competing for the SEC and a top seed in the NCAAT. This team really needs to sneak out of either Auburn or Tenn with a win, and protect home court vs Bama. If that can happen, I’ll have a little bit more hope going into March.

7 regular season games left, let’s see what happens when the dust settles.

Kentucky is my team, I have voiced my opinion of Cal and it won't change. I will always watch the games and root for my team. I want these guys to win and will root them on every game. If you are a Kentucky fan that is what you do, I have a right to either like someone or not. I love my team, the coach nah ain't gonna happen in this lifetime.

yeah they won but when have they proven they can beat good teams besides the UNC game? Ole Miss wasn’t a good team they are now 2-5 in quad 1. They have to prove they can beat teams like Bama, Auburn, and Tennessee. Cal said they are built for March but what happens when we face another Gonzaga type team or UNCW team in the first couple of rounds? I just don’t believe they are built for March and of course that can change between now and March but they have to prove they can win

Again, last night didn't ignite some great excitement in me. But Ole Miss is around the 60's in most metrics, so not a bad team at all. And it was maybe one of our best collective performances on both sides of the ball: Defense looked good, so did the offense. We just need to do it for 40 min.

My hope here is that these last few weeks we can have some improvement and more reps together, and maybe resemble the team we thought we might be.

Reactions: Graham51 and chroix
Let's just take things as they come. Last night was also the FIRST game of the season when we had our complete roster available (hopefully we get good news on Tre moving forward), and we played some of our best defense of the season. Lots of tough tests down the stretch, but that also means plenty of opportunities to get better and win some of those games you're talking about. The college basketball season is my favorite time of year. Sorry if you're burnt out on things, but we as fans have the opportunity to sit back and try to enjoy the journey.

... you're not alone. Cal is a poison and we've all been exposed to the sickness. It's not fun when you know it to be the truth.

A win is a win. Hopefully we can shock ourselves and beat Auburn.
Don’t hold your breath about a W on Saturday, won’t be able to squeeze a gnat in there for the game & it will be wild. Actually what a home court advantage is supposed to be, I’d love to pull out a big win at AU but we better start by taking care of the ball first. When did we decide the pass across the court was a great idea???

Sort of the same but I still watch every game and get upset when they don’t play up to their potential. I come here every day and read others thoughts on this board. Like many, I am so sick of Cal and hope he leaves ASAP, but I’m not holding my breath. It’s not a pleasant state of mind, but I try to not let it affect the rest of my life.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

You're wearing yourself out with all the threads, tik tok sources, etc. Take a break. When you obsess about something you have ZERO control over, you are throwing your time away. Last night was an example - the lion's share of the fanbase is going to watch the games and go to them no matter who the coach is or how many straight home games we've lost. For many, it's an opportunity to spend time with family.

Al McGuire was right - it's never gonna stop.

Don’t hold your breath about a W on Saturday, won’t be able to squeeze a gnat in there for the game & it will be wild. Actually what a home court advantage is supposed to be, I’d love to pull out a big win at AU but we better start by taking care of the ball first. When did we decide the pass across the court was a great idea???

If there's one hope here, it's that Auburn has not been tested much. And they needed 50 free throws just to beat Alabama at home. They are 3-3 over their last 6 and have seemingly fallen back to earth.

Their OOC schedule is really pathetic actually. Lost to Baylor, beat USC/Irish/VaTech. That's it. We at least had Kansas, UNC, Gonzaga, Miami and even UofL (who is no worse than ND). We also had some decent mid/low majors, but I didn't look enough to compare ours to Auburns. We did both play and beat Penn.

The problem is, they are going to get an absurd amount of home cooking and Kentucky is going to have to be easily 20pts better.

I watch. I'll always watch. But Cal has certainly killed some of the passion. Hard for most fans to be all in when they honestly believe the coach isn't, and certain reasonable expectations aren't being met. Then, add to that coach taking swipes at fans, and you get where most of BBN currently is, IMO.

I watch. I'll always watch. But Cal has certainly killed some of the passion. Hard for most fans to be all in when they honestly believe the coach isn't, and certain reasonable expectations aren't being met. Then, add to that coach taking swipes at fans, and you get where most of BBN currently is, IMO.
Sums up where I am at. I’m hoping like hell this team gets on fire going into March. I’ll also hope like hell that this is Cal’s last run.

KY has already been eliminated from the tournament, we just haven’t watched the game yet. That takes a lot of enthusiasm away from the rest of the season. Sad part is we all know this team is capable if coached/managed properly but that is never going to happen thus the apathy. We will never get to see this team as it should be. And that is a travesty and why cal is the worst in the game today!!!!!!

I’ve watched 99% of all televised games for the last 40+ years, and have no plans on changing. If they were 0-24 right now I’d still watch and would root for them to win. They’re my team!
You’re a bad fan. How dare you not feel disconnected and burnt out after a nice win. Good grief, at least pretend like you are and start a thread about it. Geez.

Take some Testosterone injections, that may help.

Reactions: KYFOSSIL
I’m just going let the season play out at this point. That losing stretch killed my hopes of competing for the SEC and a top seed in the NCAAT. This team really needs to sneak out of either Auburn or Tenn with a win, and protect home court vs Bama. If that can happen, I’ll have a little bit more hope going into March.

7 regular season games left, let’s see what happens when the dust settles.
I'm pretty similar to WeWant9. I'm not letting a few losses somehow trick me into thinking the season is a waste. Still 7 games, then SECT, then NCAAT. Blows my mind that some fans get so distraught over a few losses. Sure, get pissed, have some doubts, but not idea why everyone wants to just completely write them off.

But I agree, we need some more quality wins in order for the fanbase to EXPECT success in the NCAAT. But whether thans expect it or not, is really kinda irrelevant

I was gone late last night. I just watched the UK highlights. Didn't watch the gsme.

I feel ya. For me it’s all due to Cal. The sickening part to me is this team has talent. Coaches and fans dream of assembling three players like Reeves, Sheppard, and Dillingham along with the rest of the team. Should have made for a great season. But it takes more than just recruiting them.
A Stradivarius violin in the hands of a competent violinist is capable of beautiful music. In my hands it would sound like garbage. That’s what we’re dealing with now and have been for years.
So you think you are as good at violin as Cal is at coaching.......

I feel like your analogy might be a bit embellished.

Live look at this guy.....
Rafael Nadal Crying GIF by Tennis Channel

DJ and Reed have made that their favorite pass. Unreal.

Kentucky is my team, I have voiced my opinion of Cal and it won't change. I will always watch the games and root for my team. I want these guys to win and will root them on every game. If you are a Kentucky fan that is what you do, I have a right to either like someone or not. I love my team, the coach nah ain't gonna happen in this lifetime.

Hey we are very competetive with the middle of the pac SEC teams and lower

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT