ADVERTISEMENT

What are the odds of us dropping in the polls because of playing UVA close.

jbubb98

Blue Chip Prospect
Mar 26, 2018
I know we're shorthanded and that should be taken into consideration but you know how the AP is. Once, if you remember Duke lost and went up in the polls by 2 places.

I know we're shorthanded and that should be taken into consideration but you know how the AP is. Once, if you remember Duke lost and went up in the polls by 2 places.

it’s possible as there’s no way that game shoulda been that close, even short handed. We’re definitely over rated as it is.

Reactions: KFuqua
I’ve seen them as UVU and UVAU, but not UVA. Whether we drop probably depends on the MSM game. If that’s another close one we might drop. It’s not until the GT, or probably Utah game that we’re going to get any traction from a W. Unless we start blowing some of these teams out.

Reactions: Blueaz and jbubb98
it’s possible as there’s no way that game shoulda been that close, even short handed. We’re definitely over rated as it is.
What makes you say we’re overrated?

I mean I watched the Michigan St game and it was never in doubt. I don’t understand the need to dismiss the handily win vs #1 Vegas favorites but completely overreact to losing to Evansville as embarrassing as it was. I seem to remember Wall and company squeaking out a win vs Miami (OH) in 2009. No one said they were overrated.

Let the team get healthy and start to blend before we call them overrated at #9. We do this every single year.

A lot of close games this time of year as long as we keep winning I think we will stay about where we are. I think the injuries UK has will be taken into concertation.

OP, none of it matters. Just make the tournament.

The last few years we've obsessed about ranking and seed only to get beat by the likes of hobbled teams like Kansas State and Auburn.

Rankings.

Don't.

Matter.

So is everyone. Did you forget we beat #1 Michigan State two weeks ago?
I agree with you my friend.....
One should also consider we are playing with many players hurt.
AH and NR both played hurt in the Evansville game and EJ got hurt during the game.
Last game we only played 7 guys an AH and NR who did play are more than likely not up to 100% just yet.
Last game coaches also probably said something along the lines like "play smart, play your game and "STAY OUT OF FOUL TROUBLE we don't have enough bodies to fill in".

I totally don't see why people are seeing the sky if falling and this team is the least talented of Cals or least coachable, or Cal can not coach or this team don't have what it take and so on.

This team will be fine and the coaches will be fine.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
If we play well against MSM and Lamar, that will be 3 wins in one week, so we should hold our top 10 spot, in my opinion. If we struggle with either MSM or Lamar, we will definitely slip, and rightly so.

Reactions: TFCats11
It will all depend on the teams behind us and how they do and against who. If Oregon beats seton hall they will jump us

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT