ADVERTISEMENT

What am i missing please???

ulismyman

Senior
Jan 11, 2015
We lost 7 players off last years team...what team could do that and be major factor following year?? I can think of nobody...thoughts???

Agree. Duke wasn't as hard hit as us, should be better, and isn't. They should fire K.

Just guessing here. A decent low post player to help our current group might make a big difference. This would help our guards and Poy, IMO.

Skal not being anything near what we thought has really hurt us, because we was supposed to be the "paint" guy we could count on. Doubling teaming the post would have made this team look totally different cause poy could fly for off rebound dunks & the 3 line would have been more open. Dakari would have made a big difference on this team or even diamond stone but we are what we are this season.

OP, so many jokes to make with that thread topic question [laughing]

to answer the question in the post though, I don't think any other team could recover like we have after losing 7 players. Duke lost Cook, Winslow, Jones, and Okafor...... and right now they are playing without Jefferson.... thats 5.. no imagine how they would be playing without Allen and Matt Jones also.

We lost 7 players off last years team...what team could do that and be major factor following year?? I can think of nobody...thoughts???

I think most level headed fans understand that being a "major factor" was going to be difficult but getting blown out by a bad UCLA team, smoked by a pathetic Ohio State team on a neutral court, and losing to an Auburn team that's probably worse than both UCLA and Ohio State is beyond pathetic. Those teams are getting beat by teams that are 'non factors' and that had a lot of fans upset. I can understand why.

The big issue is that we had some with the audacity to say this year's team would surpass the '15 team before the season started. They dogged the Harrison's, they dogged WCS, Ulis would have won the tournament and saved the universe. I could go on with the bogus superlatives. However, reality sat in. The '15 team was one of the best college teams to ever grace the floor. This year's team is not that. Folks got pissed and didn't like reality.

I seem to recall the OP as one of the most vocal in promoting the '16 superiority. That makes this thread hysterically ironic.

How many of games that Auburn lost were they 12-26 from 3 and was there crowd rabid like yesterday?

I never said this team would be better...i said the point guard position would be....i dare you to debate that

OP, so many jokes to make with that thread topic question [laughing]

to answer the question in the post though, I don't think any other team could recover like we have after losing 7 players. Duke lost Cook, Winslow, Jones, and Okafor...... and right now they are playing without Jefferson.... thats 5.. no imagine how they would be playing without Allen and Matt Jones also.
Hate dook , but I think if they get Jefferson back they have shot at b/b

I never said this team would be better...i said the point guard position would be....i dare you to debate that

If your high school history teacher needs an example of revisionist history, now you have one.

Let's debate that when Ulis runs up against a tank at point guard. I'd have payed good money for the Harrison's last Saturday and we may miss them horribly against Kansas. Oh wait, your boi, Willis, is going to save us all now. Remember that team went 38 - 1 and was a frog hair from running the table. Where are we now?

Please. You've started some of the worst threads in my memory on this board. You do it to in hope of getting one to go many pages. I recall when you were disappointed to learn that one of your pathetic threads only went multiple pages because it got merged. Try being a bit less obtuse.

Just guessing here. A decent low post player to help our current group might make a big difference. This would help our guards and Poy, IMO.

Bill is spot on. If Skal plays like a top 5 player, I doubt if we have a loss right now but he ain't so its water under the bridge. Like other UK teams who struggled and found it later, this group has got to decide to duck tape this baby and get better.

Kybass...you need to get a hobby...quoting other peoples threads verbatim is very creepy

Hoping I'd forgot that, were you?

Hey you guys. No more quoting or reminding UMM what he said before. Creeps him out.

(And embarrasses the crap out of him, no doubt.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT