ADVERTISEMENT

Is there too much outrage from last night?

That loss was a culmination of two weeks of bad basketball. If Kentucky beats Florida by double digits and then loses to UT, the fans would be mad, but not this damn mad.

Losing back to back home games is unacceptable. Losing to two rivals made it that much worse.

Add that with winning a combined 2 NCAA/SEC tournament games since 2019 and a coach who acts as if he is above being questioned, you have a recipe for a pissed off fanbase. I am typically on the more positive spectrum, and even I am pissed off. This team was looking like a redemption story, but now looks like the same old shit.

Too much? I think there wasn't enough, which on its own says alot. The fanbase is best down and now either 1) doesn't care as much and/or 2) just accepts we aren't going to be competitive at a high level.

Tennessee is clearly the better program right now and you can say the same for a few others in the league. It will take an off game by those teams and an A game from us to compete. Sad but true.

The fact there isn't more outrage tells you exactly how much fan interest was lost over the years due to Cal's malfeasance

Reactions: March 22
We're barely doing well in our own conference. Outrage is just a normal reaction I think.

You got big blue madness....the #1 recruiting class....HOF Coach.......It's all meant to make us feel good as fans but the reality is the placement in our own conference plus several losses that should not have been make for many fans being upset.

I’m beyond tired of the constant attempt at dumbing down UK fans and trying to lower expectations. This is the UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY!

Reactions: know1
If you don't care enough to be upset when things are going poorly, then you don't care enough to be happy or excited when they win, either.
When did it become common for people's happiness to depend upon the outcome of a game? When did it become common for people to think that was good?

When did it become common for people's happiness to depend upon the outcome of a game? When did it become common for people to think that was good?
God you're boring. Hey clueless, this is a UK basketball FAN SITE. We discuss previous and upcoming games here. Get with the program. Or are you one of those casual fans?

Since they put seats in the gym to watch it and people showed up.

if UK basketball being in this state doesnt make you sad, then you dont care enough to have a f****** say so and you should stop coming to this site.

No one here is placing their eternal and life happiness on whether we win or lose. But this is a UK basketball board and yes WE CARE. It’s important in our lives. Is it the most important? No. We all have lives, families, other priorities . But we have grown up watching, supporting and loving UK basketball and yes it matters. If you don’t get it, you probably didn’t grow up here, just started following it or you are an outsider. I frankly don’t understand why you are even here wasting your time if it really doesn’t matter anyway.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
No one here is placing their eternal and life happiness on whether we win or lose. But this is a UK basketball board and yes WE CARE. It’s important in our lives. Is it the most important? No. We all have lives, families, other priorities . But we have grown up watching, supporting and loving UK basketball and yes it matters. If you don’t get it, you probably didn’t grow up here, just started following it or you are an outsider. I frankly don’t understand why you are even here wasting your time if it really doesn’t matter anyway.
He's a "smarter than you" troll.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL

Didn't grow up here? My family got to Kentucky before Daniel Boone. When there was just a tiny settlement at the Falls of the Ohio.

It matters to me because I don't like the insanity.

I took away some positives from the UT game. The negative that has everyone upset is lack of coaching on many levels.

One of my biggest is if a player is having a really bad night and you have a player who could possibly thrive at that position even though it is out of position for him why not use him.

Way too much considering Wagner was missing (we are 0-3 when he doesn't play), Mitchell was playing with a bad back and Z was out. Let's see what we do when everybody is healthy.
Agree… but one problem.

When has any UK team had a team with everybody healthy in the last several years?

To me, it's not that we lost to a very good team, but how we lost. We were the home team and we were never in that game.

The other thing is the realization that they massively overrated this team.

They didn't lost to Mississippi State last night, or UNC Wilmington, or even a South Carolina or Florida. Tennessee has been a top ten team all year, and for most of the year has been ranked ahead of UK. On paper, the consensus has always been nationwide that UT had a better team, although by a slim margin. Then, add in the fact that UK had key players missing due to injury and some of their key players who were playing, were limited from injury.

What did you all expect? Did you all think that UK team was just going to run away against a top ten team? Many people on here days ago were expecting a UT blowout. And, it was far from a blowout. Are too many fans overreacting over this?
Every board is ready to murder the coach if they lose. Unc football was acting like we are Bama and uga, we were 7 and 0 but not destroying teams and were wanting to fire mack. I just don't understand how fans are supposed to act anymore.

Uh hell no. Last night was a blip on the screen. The outrage is the pent up anger of Kentucky fans from all over who are sick of this mediocre basketball program. And to make matters worse, this clown doesn’t have the balls to show up to do his radio show after the game, he’d rather go home and rub his mutts balls. We ain’t the villains here. The douchebag, carpetbagger is killing the program.
I get that he didn't do the radio show, and probably should have, but did everyone on here that is complaining about that know that he did the tv press conference/interview? It is not like he just left and refused to talk to the media. He faced the national media and the the interview with plenty of people there, he just didn't do the one with Tom Leach.

The Cal Cult wants everyone to lower their standards for their hero. Whenever he gets an average or decent win they’ll be running their mouths with the trolls pretending all is well. Just like with the Arkansas win. Putting lipstick on that pig….smh lmao
Comments like this are what keep the arguments going. No one that I have seen has said Cal is their hero. As a matter of fact, I think most everyone has concerns about the teams defense and progression this year. But as long as every thread is going to turn in to a fire the coach thread, and anyone that doesn't agree that Cal should be fired is a "worshipper" people are going to continue to argue. The fact that so many on here treat this site now as the lunch room at an all girl's middle school, nothing but bitching and name calling of the people that don't 100% agree with them, nothing is going to change here. The bad part now is that it is frowned upon on this site to support our team and cheer for them to do well. No one can say anything remotely positive about the team without being attacked by people complaining about Cal. It would be nice to have at least one thread where everyone just supported the team and cheered for its success the remainder of the season. And can we stop with the "you are not really a fan" or "you are just a troll" that supports another team? Again, middle school girl stuff that adds nothing to any remotely intelligent conversation, which unfortunately doesn't really happen here anymore.

Comments like this are what keep the arguments going. No one that I have seen has said Cal is their hero. As a matter of fact, I think most everyone has concerns about the teams defense and progression this year. But as long as every thread is going to turn in to a fire the coach thread, and anyone that doesn't agree that Cal should be fired is a "worshipper" people are going to continue to argue. The fact that so many on here treat this site now as the lunch room at an all girl's middle school, nothing but bitching and name calling of the people that don't 100% agree with them, nothing is going to change here. The bad part now is that it is frowned upon on this site to support our team and cheer for them to do well. No one can say anything remotely positive about the team without being attacked by people complaining about Cal. It would be nice to have at least one thread where everyone just supported the team and cheered for its success the remainder of the season. And can we stop with the "you are not really a fan" or "you are just a troll" that supports another team? Again, middle school girl stuff that adds nothing to any remotely intelligent conversation, which unfortunately doesn't really happen here anymore.
I’m not reading through all of this. You’ve told me that you just get on here to argue. I don’t want to argue with you but I will say what I think. Look at your own posts, and consider how you sound to people. I just tell it how I see it. If you don’t like what you read click ignore. I don’t care how much you love or hate calipari. We’ve hit historic lows lately, so common sense should tell you that people won’t be happy. If you want sunshine and rainbows right now you’re being unrealistic. Cal has hit levels that are Billy Gillespie level and we all know what happened there..

I’m not reading through all of this. You’ve told me that you just get on here to argue. I don’t want to argue with you but I will say what I think. Look at your own posts, and consider how you sound to people. I just tell it how I see it. If you don’t like what you read click ignore. I don’t care how much you love or hate calipari. We’ve hit historic lows lately, so common sense should tell you that people won’t be happy. If you want sunshine and rainbows right now you’re being unrealistic. Cal has hit levels that are Billy Gillespie level and we all know what happened there..
To say Cal has hit BCG level is ignoring that Cal's time here, 14 years, has been better than Rupp's tenure except for 1948-1958. Rupp's first 16 years and last 14 years were worse than Cal's tenure here. If you don't care how much people love or hate Cal, why tell everyone that doesn't hate him that he is their hero? You obviously do care and want to argue with people about it. Cal has had several bad years in a row. But so did Adolph Rupp. Were you calling for him to be fired?

Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
To say Cal has hit BCG level is ignoring that Cal's time here, 14 years, has been better than Rupp's tenure except for 1948-1958. Rupp's first 16 years and last 14 years were worse than Cal's tenure here. If you don't care how much people love or hate Cal, why tell everyone that doesn't hate him that he is their hero? You obviously do care and want to argue with people about it. Cal has had several bad years in a row. But so did Adolph Rupp. Were you calling for him to be fired?
Rupp built this program not John Calipari. SMH so you really wanna compare Cal to Rupp lmao wow

Rupp built this program not John Calipari. SMH so you really wanna compare Cal to Rupp lmao wow
How old are you? Are you repeating "Rupp built this program" because you've read it? I was born right after Rupp's 6th season, and he didn't win his first NCAA Championship until I was 11, almost 12 years old. No doubt Rupp built this program, but he won those games over 41 years and only NCAA Championships were between '48-'58. Plenty of mediocrity before and after. Everyone will go crazy about this comment, but it is because their only knowledge of Rupp is what they've heard. He was a great coach and when he went a couple years without winning, fans didn't go crazy and fight with each other trying to get him fired.

What does age have to do with anything? I don’t care how old you are, comparing Cal to Rupp is stupid. Sounds like you need to do some research before you start making comments like this. NCAA tournament wasn’t even founded until Rupp had coached 9 years. SMH. Even trying to compare basketball from back then to today is completely stupid. Hell Rupps first season was 1930 and the ncaa tournament wasn’t established until 1939 and only 8 teams made it then when it started and it stayed that way for 11 years. Lmao

How old are you? Are you repeating "Rupp built this program" because you've read it? I was born right after Rupp's 6th season, and he didn't win his first NCAA Championship until I was 11, almost 12 years old. No doubt Rupp built this program, but he won those games over 41 years and only NCAA Championships were between '48-'58. Plenty of mediocrity before and after. Everyone will go crazy about this comment, but it is because their only knowledge of Rupp is what they've heard. He was a great coach and when he went a couple years without winning, fans didn't go crazy and fight with each other trying to get him fired.
Based on how many teams made the tournament in Rupps time, imagine how many times Calipari would have missed the tournament based on seeding. Hahahaha now think about that old buddy. Imagine if during an 11 year time span if Cal had to have one of the top 8 teams in the country to make a NCAA tournament.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT