ADVERTISEMENT

Is there too much outrage from last night?

buster3.0

Junior
Aug 11, 2009
They didn't lost to Mississippi State last night, or UNC Wilmington, or even a South Carolina or Florida. Tennessee has been a top ten team all year, and for most of the year has been ranked ahead of UK. On paper, the consensus has always been nationwide that UT had a better team, although by a slim margin. Then, add in the fact that UK had key players missing due to injury and some of their key players who were playing, were limited from injury.

What did you all expect? Did you all think that UK team was just going to run away against a top ten team? Many people on here days ago were expecting a UT blowout. And, it was far from a blowout. Are too many fans overreacting over this?

Its not exactly how we lost , we got manhandled . We kinda looked intimidated and timid . And we were behind 100% of the time , felt like we never even had a chance , and thats unacceptable , so in short your idea needs the flushing toilet icon

Last edited:
They didn't lost to Mississippi State last night, or UNC Wilmington, or even a South Carolina or Florida. Tennessee has been a top ten team all year, and for most of the year has been ranked ahead of UK. On paper, the consensus has always been nationwide that UT had a better team, although by a slim margin. Then, add in the fact that UK had key players missing due to injury and some of their key players who were playing, were limited from injury.

What did you all expect? Did you all think that UK team was just going to run away against a top ten team? Many people on here days ago were expecting a UT blowout. And, it was far from a blowout. Are too many fans overreacting over this?
We’ve already lost to UNCW, Sourh Carolina and Florida. Last night is just another ladder rung we are falling down.

Way too much considering Wagner was missing (we are 0-3 when he doesn't play), Mitchell was playing with a bad back and Z was out. Let's see what we do when everybody is healthy.

Gave up 100 points to UT homie. We done that before? A UT team built on defense lol

its not Tennessee in isolation, the outrage is cumulative from the Florida game before.

had they beat Florida, the anger would be tempered with the reality that UT was a top 5 team.

Even more so had they not dropped 103 in Rupp and they never led , starting out 8-0.

But what you see is a regression, the team getting worse instead of better, and the thumping UT put on UK was the last crack in the dam before it broke - and all it represents. No longer in the top 25, no chance to compete in the SEC, matter of fact will probably play on Thursday of the tournament too.

Cal's lost the fanbase last night and short of a final four he won't get them back

It’s not just one game, it’s accumulation of everything we’ve seen over the last few seasons. This team was supposed to be competing for the SEC and a one seed, not be coming off their 6th loss of the season (at the start of Feb).

Uh hell no. Last night was a blip on the screen. The outrage is the pent up anger of Kentucky fans from all over who are sick of this mediocre basketball program. And to make matters worse, this clown doesn’t have the balls to show up to do his radio show after the game, he’d rather go home and rub his mutts balls. We ain’t the villains here. The douchebag, carpetbagger is killing the program.

Last night is the cause of less than 1% of the outrage. It's not about losing to UT. It's about accepting that this is another wasted season under Cal.

We haven't been a title contender since the 2019-2020 season. This will be Cal's 4th straight failed season.

Had we looked good the last few games, and maybe if we beat Florida.. sure. You can excuse losing to a top5 team.

But there's just too much that came with this loss. I wouldn't be shocked if we were unranked tomorrow. Actually, we don't deserve to be ranked.

Had we looked good the last few games, and maybe if we beat Florida.. sure. You can excuse losing to a top5 team.

But there's just too much that came with this loss. I wouldn't be shocked if we were unranked tomorrow. Actually, we don't deserve to be ranked.
I can't imagine us being ranked dropping 2 at home

Reactions: mattrudd

Have you not been watching the last 3.5 seasons? I think the biggest part of the problem here and now is that no one really expected we could be UT. That is the problem. Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama - they own Kentucky since 2017. It’s disgusting and if you aren’t upset about that, well, I don’t know what to say.

I’ve been happy to give Cal lots of rope over the last three seasons. I have been pissed, but always said I didn’t think he should be gone. I’m out of rope.

There are so many reasons. One loss against a top 10 UT isn’t the biggest; just one in a long, long, long, line of many.

It’s time for Cal to go. I hate that I have to type that. But goodness, 3.5 seasons of bullshit is enough now to see it’s just where he is now. He’s tired and done. And that is his choice, not mine.

Since 2016, most years have had these late January into early February swoons. 2018 lost 4 straight. 2017 lost 3 out of 4, last year 2 and 3 in similar time frame.

Last edited:
Reactions: kywildcat41086
Also the random sickness and injuries have made the fanbase uneasy . I’ll accept the injuries because we saw DJ hurt at one point and Edwards did return after his injury .

But the guys out sick is kind of weird considering they were sitting on the bench . Rob returned the next game so maybe it was nothing . Big Z was weird because he was posted as out because of illness then they said he would be available emergency only . If you’re too sick to play it should be just that . Also he was shooting around in warmups .

To sum it up every year there is just weird drama going on with this program . I don’t pay attention to any other school very closely so I don’t know how common it is but I doubt stuff like what is going on here is happening at other schools every year .

I get it.

I truly believe based on raw talent along UK should be a #1, 2, or 3 team in the nation. They have a raw talent and talent depth edge over anyone in the SEC. It is so evident when you watch the games. But, there is more than raw talent to winning games. Roster balance, equal distribution of talent across all game phases, strategy, team chemistry, culture, leadership all come in play.

Whatever crazy standard the Georgia football program has now is not set from the fanbase. It comes directly from their head coach. He publicly declares what that standard is and doesn't shy away from it. He says the goal is to beat everybody, without exception. Does anyone know what Cal's standard is? Does he state this at the beginning of the season? Did he state what the goal was going into this year?

This isn't a failed season yet. We have some dudes on this team that will compete till the end.

The problem lies with the players not being prepared for their opponents, not being taught how to be better defenders. There needs to be a transparency with what is going on with the players in this program.

Cal has got lazy, complacent and doesn't seem to be putting a priority of winning for the name on the front of the jersey.

Reactions: bbncal02

What did you all expect? Did you all think that UK team was just going to run away against a top ten team? Many people on here days ago were expecting a UT blowout. And, it was far from a blowout. Are

It’s not just about last night. But unless you’re a moron , you already knew that.

Hell no.

What kind of nonsense is this? Lemme guess
Your answer to all of this is Parity?

This isn't about just last night's game. It's the aggregate and downward trend we have been on for multiple years with no end in sight. We can't even defend Rupp from unranked SEC teams now, much less Tennessee. Once again, a super talented team is being made worse as the season goes on.

This has been percolating for quite a while now. I think last night was the straw that broke the camel’s back.
The straw that broke the camels back was losing to St Pete’s
There were tons of warning from the beginning of Calipari’s tenure but we didn’t see or we ignored them
We didn’t win the 2012 title because of Calipari’s coaching, but in spite of it
I know I wasn’t the only one who wasn’t excited about this years class…although by all rights I should’ve been…because Calipari is the man who holds the title of coach
And I know this is petty as hell but I refuse to call the man Cal: to me that’s an affectionate nickname and I hold zero affection for that man

Also the random sickness and injuries have made the fanbase uneasy . I’ll accept the injuries because we saw DJ hurt at one point and Edwards did return after his injury .

But the guys out sick is kind of weird considering they were sitting on the bench . Rob returned the next game so maybe it was nothing . Big Z was weird because he was posted as out because of illness then they said he would be available emergency only . If you’re too sick to play it should be just that . Also he was shooting around in warmups .

To sum it up every year there is just weird drama going on with this program . I don’t pay attention to any other school so I don’t know how common it is but I doubt stuff like what is going on here is happening at other schools every year .
Yeah. I'm sick of the shadow games. The I haven't seen him. The he's out another week, but when that week is up it's still a week.

Nope. I've said for a long time if he loses someone like me he will lose almost all...especially considering my age. This isn't because I'm a better fan than anyone else. It is because I am a homer. Not just a UK homer but I was also a Cal homer. I grew up watching the guy and always wanted him here.

Cal just is not meeting expectations and last night was another example. I expect our coach to make adjustments, try something new, play someone who could make an impact. I expect him to do anything he can to win.

I saw a stat on Twitter that said we were 48-40 against Power 5 teams the last few years. That coupled with 1 tournament win since 2019 is why fans are upset. There's a high standard for Kentucky basketball and Cal isn't meeting expectations right now
we are 72-42 since the 2020 , 9 win season ....... thats 63%... 1 SECT win, 1 NCAAT win...

In order to be considered tied with that era....... we need to win the SECT to get to the same SECT wins of that era and make the elite 8 just to tie the NCAAT wins of that 4 year era that we considered so awful. The last 10 regular season games of that BCG season was the death spiral losing like 7 out of 10 games so hopefully the winning % and wins will be a few games better than that era but who knows , we did lose to UNCW and Florida at home, we could lose a lot more games going forward too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT