ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Hurley vs Scott Drew

Dude. Realignment don't give a sh*t about basketball.

There might be a 4 conference playoff to determine national championships soon. Basketball will probably follow suit as well eventually for those conferences.

It will likely matter going forward.
Football is totally separate from basketball in the conversation moving forward in terms of the big 4 conferences. Football will be it's own animal.

Basketball makes money because of March Madness. That is not going anywhere. While teams may still shift conferences, the big 4 conferences are not going to all of a sudden have their own basketball tournament.

The Big East is very healthy in terms of their place in college basketball. Realignment for football will have no effect on that.

Could UConn look at a move in the future....possibly. But if they don't, they will still remain in a conference that will continue to be a player in the NCAA basketball world.

Last edited:
Even if the poster said he knew Drew would not come here. Its the principle. People say "he's not 100% coming here" and they don't know. It's foolish to say someone is or isn't coming here. The entire thread is about your opinion why one should be here over the other.
Intelligent people who’ve been on message boards for more than a day in their lives understand that statements like are opinions and not proven fact. We don’t need the speaker to add a disclaimer clarifying what is obvious.

It’s quite odd how riled up that dude’s innocuous post got you. You’d be better off just admitting that you overreacted to the first post than continuing with this line of nonsense.

Intelligent people who’ve been on message boards for more than a day in their lives understand that statements like are opinions and not proven fact. We don’t need the speaker to add a disclaimer clarifying what is obvious.

It’s quite odd how riled up that dude’s innocuous post got you. You’d be better off just admitting that you overreacted to the first post than continuing with this line of nonsense.
GREAT post.

Football is totally separate from basketball in the conversation moving forward in terms of the big 4 conferences. Football will be it's own animal.

Basketball makes money because of March Madness. That is not going anywhere. While teams may still shift conferences, the big 4 conferences are not going to all of a sudden have their own basketball tournament.

The Big East is very healthy in terms of their place in college basketball. Realignment for football will have no effect on that.
This!

March Madness is way too profitable for conferences to just shit on it going forward. Not to mention, 68 teams technically make the tournament. Only 12 are going to be making a CFB playoff in its new form. That is a much larger opportunity for teams to get exposure and generate post season revenue than what CFB alone will offer.

Not allowed to be frustrated. And yet you haven't been frustrated before ever huh. Cast the first stone if you haven't been frustrated.

Why do you care so much? There are hundreds of people on here who is way more of a jerk than me. Why don't you go after them?
I'm not "going after" you.

"Someone else is more of a jerk than me" isn't an excuse to be a jerk. I've just noticed you did this in the thread discussing candidates. Then you started a new thread and started insulting people. It really sucks the fun out of this place when every other interaction is someone being rude. Just...be nice.

"Someone else is more of a jerk than me" isn't an excuse to be a jerk. I've just noticed you did this in the thread discussing candidates. Then you started a new thread and started insulting people. It really sucks the fun out of this place when every other interaction is someone being rude. Just...be nice.
Why are you assuming it's an excuse? I never said that. Never implied that. Its clear that you're here to just argue and not provide any substance to the content of the thread. Good day.

Nope.

I posted my thoughts on the thread subject. I just wish people like you would stop being jerks. And you just keep defending your $hitty behavior. "I'm just frustrated." "Other people do it."

What are you, 12?

If you want people to quite being Jerks, maybe set the example. Below is an example of you being rude and a jerk to the OP just a few posts ago.
OP: Only discuss what I want you to discuss. I know none of you think Hurley will leave UCONN, but let's play pretend anyways and tell me why you want him here.

Reactions: Farsight
If you want people to quite being Jerks, maybe set the example. Below is an example of you being rude and a jerk to the OP just a few posts ago.
Thanks for your thoughtful feedback.

Yeah, as people behave like jerks, their behavior gets returned to them. Rather than it devolving into a pissing contest, I thought I'd offer constructive feedback.

But make no mistake. If you're a jerk, I'll certainly give it back to you. If you're nice, I'll be nice. I may even be so bold as to suggest that you should be nice. But I'm not going to have people act like a jerk and then kill them with kindness.

This!

March Madness is way too profitable for conferences to just shit on it going forward. Not to mention, 68 teams technically make the tournament. Only 12 are going to be making a CFB playoff in its new form. That is a much larger opportunity for teams to get exposure and generate post season revenue than what CFB alone will offer.
We have no idea if it's going to be separate, and even if it is, in what way.

4 conferences @ 16 teams each is, would you look at that. Right about what is is now. There will still be a "March Madness".

What financial incentive do the big conferences have to include anyone else. They are going to call the shots.

Just like the "auto bids" for Football will go away after the current 2 year 12 team deal is over. Why would the SEC or Big 10 agree to that?

Think you guys are taking to much for granted. That it will not change much.

We have no idea if it's going to be separate, and even if it is, in what way.

4 conferences @ 16 teams each is, would you look at that. Right about what is is now. There will still be a "March Madness".

What financial incentive do the big conferences have to include anyone else. They are going to call the shots.

Just like the "auto bids" for Football will go away after the current 2 year 12 team deal is over. Why would the SEC or Big 10 agree to that?

Think you guys are taking to much for granted. That it will not change much.
I definitely think the NCAA tournament will change and it will be driven by the power conferences. Every time a power conference gets upset in the first round those conferences lose out on money and exposure. I can see a power conference only tournament.

That said, that tournament will include the Big East in basketball. There's no way you create a tournament that doesn't include hugely successful programs like Villanova and UConn.

If they change the tournament it has to be in a way where it still crowns a "true" champion. Omitting a conference full of strong basketball programs isn't going to happen. You can't move to a scenario where you have a blue blood win the major tournament and a 35-5 UConn winning the other. It would make the title discussion way too complicated.

Reactions: der-g -punkt
I definitely think the NCAA tournament will change and it will be driven by the power conferences. Every time a power conference gets upset in the first round those conferences lose out on money and exposure. I can see a power conference only tournament.

That said, that tournament will include the Big East in basketball. There's no way you create a tournament that doesn't include hugely successful programs like Villanova and UConn.

If they change the tournament it has to be in a way where it still crowns a "true" champion. Omitting a conference full of strong basketball programs isn't going to happen. You can't move to a scenario where you have a blue blood win the major tournament and a 35-5 UConn winning the other. It would make the title discussion way too complicated.
Money and what benefits the said conferences is all that will matter.

Not sure any of the stuff you mentioned will be among the top considerations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT