ADVERTISEMENT

Wed/Thursday/Fri. Peach Jam Plus thread

On the UA circuit, in addition to names already mentioned (Josh Green, Lewis, Antione, Igiehon) UK is also looking at:

RJ Hampton
Jaemyn Brakefield
Jaden Springer
Kai Jones
Jalen Suggs
Anthony Edwards

Btw it appears Anthony Epps’ son Jamison is on the 16U Matt’s Mustangs club.

It's actually knee tendinitis per his dad.

I don't know why they don't just let the kid rest. He's already gotten all the elite offers he could want.

It might have been Maxey that has a bad ankle. I've seen a few targets/commits with some problems at the event.

From what I have read the kids love to play great with Cal in attendance to either get an offer and or be the priority recruit at their position if they are serious about UK.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
We have to get one of Carey/wiseman. It’s nice knowing both Maxey and jefferies are recruiting them hard for uk. The intriguing part is when cal offers McDaniels cause you know cal is not going to ignore a top 5 kid claiming uk is his dream school. How will jefferies handle that, as I’m sure he’s expecting to start next yr but that’s not happening if we get McDaniels. Furthermore, even if we don’t get him I think Herro would start over jefferies based on experience and knowing the system. Buckle up, it’s going to be interesting

Reactions: Fox2monk
We have to get one of Carey/wiseman. It’s nice knowing both Maxey and jefferies are recruiting them hard for uk. The intriguing part is when cal offers McDaniels cause you know cal is not going to ignore a top 5 kid claiming uk is his dream school. How will jefferies handle that, as I’m sure he’s expecting to start next yr but that’s not happening if we get McDaniels. Furthermore, even if we don’t get him I think Herro would start over jefferies based on experience and knowing the system. Buckle up, it’s going to be interesting
I expect to get one of the two.

Eight teams remaining at Peach Jam. Maxey, Wiseman/Jeffries and Carey are going home.

Team Takeover (DC)
F Armando Bacot Jr (Rivals No. 21)
G Justin Moore (Rivals No. 57)
G Casey Mosell (Rivals No. 64)
G Anthony Harris (Rivals No. 65)
G Jeremy Roach (Rivals 2020 No. 16)
F Hunter Dickinson (Rivals 2020 No. 17)
F Terrence Williams (Rivals 2020 No. 83)

Team WhyNot (CA)
G Cassius Stanley (Rivals No. 32)
G Nimari Burnett (Rivals No. 62)
G Iverson Molinar (247 3-star)
G Jovan Blacksher (247 3-star)
F Jalen Graham (unranked)

This includes players that were at other AAU events this week.

Duke - They're starting to lose confidence in Matt Hurt and Vernon Carey (despite the latter scheduling to visit Countdown to Craziness.) They are putting in phone calls and recruiting trail time on E.J. Liddell. They also don't seem very confident in Cole Anthony.

Kansas - their insiders seem very confident they are going to land Matt Hurt. Up until a week or so ago, they were also ultra confident in legacy recruit Jeremiah Robinson-Earl too. But his move out of state to IMG has lessened that confidence. They seem to be kind of scrambling looking for wings that will favor them too.

UNC - they believe they are just window dressing for Vernon Carey. They believe there is UK/Duke/Michigan State on top, and then a sizeable gap for the other two schools. They believe they are strongly set up for Cole Anthony because of his dad Greg. They have a close friend and former teammate Hubert Davis on their staff. Also according to them, Greg Anthony was one of the few non-Tarheels to regularly attend summer games/parties/charity events years ago because he played with a bunch of them.

Indiana - they just lost 5-star DJ Carton to Ohio State. They are ultra confident they are the leader in Trayce Jackson-Davis' recruitment. Other boards seem to confirm this. They are nervous about all the teams coming after TJD's teammate Keion Brooks Jr. They are strongly positioned to land Brooks, but it's gonna be a battle.

Tennessee - Tre Mann just reopened his recruitment, when previously he was down to 3 schools and looked like a very possible early commit to Tenn. They are basically giving up hope of landing the kid with this news.

Memphis - they continue to be very confident in James Wiseman. At this point everyone knows it is a two horse race between Memphis and Kentucky. They don't seem to have anything new to buoy this confidence. It's still all coming from Penny and the "home school" advantage.

Louisville - they don't feel like they are in the running for any elite recruits LOL

This includes players that were at other AAU events this week.

Duke - They're starting to lose confidence in Matt Hurt and Vernon Carey (despite the latter scheduling to visit Countdown to Craziness.) They are putting in phone calls and recruiting trail time on E.J. Liddell. They also don't seem very confident in Cole Anthony.

Kansas - their insiders seem very confident they are going to land Matt Hurt. Up until a week or so ago, they were also ultra confident in legacy recruit Jeremiah Robinson-Earl too. But his move out of state to IMG has lessened that confidence. They seem to be kind of scrambling looking for wings that will favor them too.

UNC - they believe they are just window dressing for Vernon Carey. They believe there is UK/Duke/Michigan State on top, and then a sizeable gap for the other two schools. They believe they are strongly set up for Cole Anthony because of his dad Greg. They have a close friend and former teammate Hubert Davis on their staff. Also according to them, Greg Anthony was one of the few non-Tarheels to regularly attend summer games/parties/charity events years ago because he played with a bunch of them.

Indiana - they just lost 5-star DJ Carton to Ohio State. They are ultra confident they are the leader in Trayce Jackson-Davis' recruitment. Other boards seem to confirm this. They are nervous about all the teams coming after TJD's teammate Keion Brooks Jr. They are strongly positioned to land Brooks, but it's gonna be a battle.

Tennessee - Tre Mann just reopened his recruitment, when previously he was down to 3 schools and looked like a very possible early commit to Tenn. They are basically giving up hope of landing the kid with this news.

Memphis - they continue to be very confident in James Wiseman. At this point everyone knows it is a two horse race between Memphis and Kentucky. They don't seem to have anything new to buoy this confidence. It's still all coming from Penny and the "home school" advantage.

Louisville - they don't feel like they are in the running for any elite recruits LOL

We're also looking at Josiah James.

Who cares go back to your own board !
Factchecker is right on Hurt, dead wrong on Carey. Duke is confident in Carey and has Stewart done. If Duke loses faith in Carey, you’ll know because they will sign Bacot or Timme (who might come as a developmental big anyway) who are waiting on that decision. Liddell has nothing to do with the bigs. He’s rapidly improving and hit Scheyers radar bc of the Illinois connection. They like him.
Duke is also quietly confident on Anthony. If they weren’t, they’d just sign James tomorrow because he’s all in on Duke but Duke needs clarity on Tre Jones before taking James in bc they can only have 2/3 because Antoine and Moore are already done.

Factchecker is right on Hurt, dead wrong on Carey. Duke is confident in Carey and has Stewart done. If Duke loses faith in Carey, you’ll know because they will sign Bacot or Timme (who might come as a developmental big anyway) who are waiting on that decision. Liddell has nothing to do with the bigs. He’s rapidly improving and hit Scheyers radar bc of the Illinois connection. They like him.
Duke is also quietly confident on Anthony. If they weren’t, they’d just sign James tomorrow because he’s all in on Duke but Duke needs clarity on Tre Jones before taking James in bc they can only have 2/3 because Antoine and Moore are already done.

The Duke insiders say Bacot is a back-up plan for Stewart, because they are both college 5's. Liddell is quickly becoming the back-up plan to Carey/Hurt at the 4.

That quiet confidence in Anthony must be very quiet right now. What with all the Peach Jam buzz centering around UNC, Oregon, and to a lesser extent Mich St. Not to mention the critical comments Greg Anthony had about Duke point guards during Summer League coverage.

But hey, spin and posture all you like.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
The Duke insiders say Bacot is a back-up plan for Stewart, because they are both college 5's. Liddell is quickly becoming the back-up plan to Carey/Hurt at the 4.

That quiet confidence in Anthony must be very quiet right now. What with all the Peach Jam buzz centering around UNC, Oregon, and to a lesser extent Mich St. Not to mention the critical comments Greg Anthony had about Duke point guards during Summer League coverage.

But hey, spin and posture all you like.
It’s not spin or posturing. I’m sayin it directly to you, whatever info you have related to Carey or Anthony is wrong. Long way to go before either of those recruitments are done but you’re either misinformed or representing certainty on the exact opposite side of current trends. As for the Duke insiders, unless you’re talking about Andrew Slater, I’d ignore that as well.

whatever info you have related to Carey or Anthony is wrong.

Uh huh. Sure thing Duke fan with a brand new account because he's already been banned under previous accounts.

I guess I'm just going to disregard everything that was heard and seen during the first July eval period, as well as the insight of numerous respected insiders across multiple premium boards... and listen to the guy who has clearly already been banned from this site relatively recently (and probably multiple times.)

I'd tell you to come back and face the music once K moves on from Anthony, or if UK/Michigan State lands Carey, but we both know you won't be doing that.

Meh. Not really. People like me and you would love it but most wont. They showed some EYBL games the summer before last and the ratings were bad.
I am afraid you are right about that. America is a big country and the interest in this is miniscule.

You and I and the BBN would tune in I but the rest of the nation. Doubtful. We are blessed to have social media to keep up with it.

I just have a feeling this is gonna be an absolute monster class for Cal and UK. I've felt that way for quite some time. It's much more difficult for these other programs to cheat and buy these recruits. Plus, Capel is gone from Duke. Cal is rejuvenated and he is building strong relationships with these guys much, much earlier. The writing is on the wall, fellas. :cool2:

I just have a feeling this is gonna be an absolute monster class for Cal and UK. I've felt that way for quite some time. It's much more difficult for these other programs to cheat and buy these recruits. Plus, Capel is gone from Duke. Cal is rejuvenated and he is building strong relationships with these guys much, much earlier. The writing is on the wall, fellas. :cool2:

Duke is going to get a nice haul this season. Capel helped them establish relationships for this class.

I don't think it will be the monster haul that their fans are convinced they will get, but they will get some very good players.

I look for them to return Jones, Bolden, DeLaurier, O'Connell, and Baker. Jones and Bolden will be returning starters. The other three are going to be key contributors.

Antoine and Moore are pretty much locks. Stewart is highly probable.

So Jones, Antoine, Moore, Bolden, and Stewart as starters with DeLaurier, O'Connell, and Baker off the bench gives them K's usual 8-man rotation. He'll have a good mix with 2 Seniors, 1 Junior, 2 Sophomores, and 3 Freshmen.

They will make a push for Carey, but if they get him Bolden likely bolts.

Jones returning probably means they won't need Anthony or James. If they do get one of those guys, Jones likely goes to the bench.

I just think without Capel influencing him, K will go back to his preferred method of mingling 3-4 veteran role players with 3-4 talented superstars. Replacing four or five starters every year with another load of OAD talent is not easy and veteran players won't stick around if they don't get PT.

Duke is going to get a nice haul this season. Capel helped them establish relationships for this class.

I don't think it will be the monster haul that their fans are convinced they will get, but they will get some very good players.

I look for them to return Jones, Bolden, DeLaurier, O'Connell, and Baker. Jones and Bolden will be returning starters. The other three are going to be key contributors.

Antoine and Moore are pretty much locks. Stewart is highly probable.

So Jones, Antoine, Moore, Bolden, and Stewart as starters with DeLaurier, O'Connell, and Baker off the bench gives them K's usual 8-man rotation. He'll have a good mix with 2 Seniors, 1 Junior, 2 Sophomores, and 3 Freshmen.

They will make a push for Carey, but if they get him Bolden likely bolts.

Jones returning probably means they won't need Anthony or James. If they do get one of those guys, Jones likely goes to the bench.

I just think without Capel influencing him, K will go back to his preferred method of mingling 3-4 veteran role players with 3-4 talented superstars. Replacing four or five starters every year with another load of OAD talent is not easy and veteran players won't stick around if they don't get PT.
They'll have a nice class but I just don't see them getting anywhere near what they have the past three or four years. I think they drop off some in 2019 and drop quite considerably in 2020. The tide has turned. JMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT