ADVERTISEMENT

Vaught says Mitchell is hurt

I know many may look at this as an excuse or rationalization maybe it is but I won't dismiss this. The eye test tells me he looks off he doesn't resemble the guy we had from a month ago. I thought it was the minutes alone maybe it's the combination of the two or the massive minutes that led to this.

Last edited:
Really no excuse to play Mitchell while injured while a healthy Z sits on the bench. He didn’t look sick sitting on the bench smiling and laughing with teammates last night. I mean seriously, I am not sure cal gets anything right anymore, EVER!!!!

If hurt then play Z more so he can get accustomed to the game.

I don’t get having sick players on the bench. Something not passing the smell test.
That was my thought last week when Dillingham was out sick, but was on the bench. That makes zero sense.

Cal’s bs doesn’t cut it anymore. There’s only a small segment of BBN who believe him. The guy needs to walk away, or at the least go finish off at a mid major. The guy is beyond washed.

Mitchell probably is hurt. He just isn’t the same on the court. Kudos to him for playing through the pain when called on.
But this on Cal. If he is hurt, give Z some minutes. I don’t give a crap if he can’t play defense- none of them can. And no one believes anything Cal says anymore even if a player is hurt because of Cal childishly playing word games about player health. Literally everything Cal has done since the 2020 season has been moronic from coaching to dealing with the fans and media.

Mitchell probably is hurt. He just isn’t the same on the court. Kudos to him for playing through the pain when called on.
But this on Cal. If he is hurt, give Z some minutes. I don’t give a crap if he can’t play defense- none of them can. And no one believes anything Cal says anymore even if a player is hurt because of Cal childishly playing word games about player health. Literally everything Cal has done since the 2020 season has been moronic from coaching to dealing with the fans and media.
Same for Thiero

Lmao. Then why play? Is Burks still on the team? Kentucky BBall program is in the gutter.
When Burks plays against high level comp in fast paced physical games we all complain because he drops passes, misses wide open layups, loses the ball out of bounds etc. He is not ready to contribute in SEC play yet. He is a below average freshman. That is why he isn’t getting on the court now.

A
That was my thought last week when Dillingham was out sick, but was on the bench. That makes zero sense.

Cal’s bs doesn’t cut it anymore. There’s only a small segment of BBN who believe him. The guy needs to walk away, or at the least go finish off at a mid major. The guy is beyond washed.
Agree, but would you walk away from 40 million dollars?

Not
When Burks plays against high level comp in fast paced physical games we all complain because he drops passes, misses wide open layups, loses the ball out of bounds etc. He is not ready to contribute in SEC play yet. He is a below average freshman. That is why he isn’t getting on the court now.
Not enough of a sample size to make that assessment. How about letting him play meaningful minutes in blowout games early in the season to get comfortable. 🤔

Mitchell went from being reliable glue guy to Skal practically overnight...I figured there was a valid reason.

And then you've got Big Z rotting away over on the bench, because "he's sick." Nevermind the fact that he was smiling and laughing on the bench the whole night. Let's not even get into that. The kid is just as skilled as Tre is, and could easily back up the 4 spot. Problem is, we've got a washed up reject for a coach that would rather play Tre 30+ mpg giving us absolutely nothing.

Really? Against decent competition he has 27 minutes of play. 8 minutes of sec play. Doesn’t seem a lot of opportunity to even see what he can do.

Either way….Mitchell was -19 for the Tenn game. -19!!!!

Not

Not enough of a sample size to make that assessment. How about letting him play meaningful minutes in blowout games early in the season to get comfortable. 🤔
He play 1/4 to 1/3 of the game in the first six games of the year. That plus being way behind the other players in practice everyday is why he doesn’t get on the court.

If you think Burks is the answer or an option for a successful season, then I don’t know what to say.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT