ADVERTISEMENT

Didn't Cal Just Say Recently 4 Scorers and a Big Was The Way To Go?

jedwar

Dec 30, 2002
Rex, KY
I mean he said that was the way to go. Can't recall after which game but maybe Bama. It's obvious who needs to play and who needs to play together. Continually playing Wagner, Edwards and now Mitchell is killing us. We are down to a one and lose situation now and he still will not do what he says he knows is best. Beyond stubborn and beyond frustrating.

Sheppard
Dillingham
Reeves
Therio
Big by committee

Wagner to spell a guard. Edwards to spell Therio. That's it.

I mean he said that was the way to go. Can't recall after which game but maybe Bama. It's obvious who needs to play and who needs to play together. Continually playing Wagner, Edwards and now Mitchell is killing us. We are down to a one and lose situation now and he still will not do what he says he knows is best. Beyond stubborn and beyond frustrating.

Sheppard
Dillingham
Reeves
Therio
Big by committee

He’s an idiot if he continues to start Wagner, the kid has given us nothing

Last edited:
Shepherd/dillingham/reeves/edwards/Z is our best lineup we can put on the floor. I think Edwards plays more loose with this group and we get the good side of him and not the bad side we got last night. Z needs to get back to playing his game. You can tell with how he plays now cal has gotten in his head, playing not to mess up, not looking for outside shots, overall timid instead of aggressive. Like Theiro in for Edwards too but Theiro needs to get his act together. He has been playing like a bull in a china shop and just driving with nowhere to go and slides or falls down on almost every single attempt. Stop putting the ball on the floor and just clean up the glass and make hard cuts to the basket without the ball. DJ is a good backup for 15/game but cal will play him 30 so it’s pointless. Ugo good backup for Z for 12/game. Tre I’m just not sure at the moment.

Sheppard
Dillingham
Reeves
Therio
Big by committee

Edwards didn't have a good game this is true, but he been solid since sec play.
Mitchell was/is our best rebounder. he had twice the rebounds the 3 bigs had total.

Shepherd/dillingham/reeves/edwards/Z is our best lineup we can put on the floor. I think Edwards plays more loose with this group and we get the good side of him and not the bad side we got last night. Z needs to get back to playing his game. You can tell with how he plays now cal has gotten in his head, playing not to mess up, not looking for outside shots, overall timid instead of aggressive. Like Theiro in for Edwards too but Theiro needs to get his act together. He has been playing like a bull in a china shop and just driving with nowhere to go and slides or falls down on almost every single attempt. Stop putting the ball on the floor and just clean up the glass and make hard cuts to the basket without the ball. DJ is a good backup for 15/game but cal will play him 30 so it’s pointless. Ugo good backup for Z for 12/game. Tre I’m just not sure at the moment.
Advanced stats say otherwise. Replace Edwards with Thiero.

Sheppard
Dillingham
Reeves
Therio
Big by committee

We've all been saying this for months. Cal will lose doing it his way.

Sheppard
Dillingham
Reeves
Therio
Big by committee

Remember Cal was even told by ANOTHER rival coach that was his nuclear lineup, and poof it immediately disappeared forever. Made DJ and Edwards and Bradshaw feel to bad. Nevermind the entire bbn right cow!! Bye now!!

Reactions: jedwar
That was unreal. Panic mode and he goes back to what he does. Scramble lineups to try to grasp something that isn't there.
Huge point!! He doesn't even realize when he admits he does this that he is fully confessing his ineffectiveness as a coach to change the game, instead he blames individual player performances rather than his roster/ plan mismanagement. Then tells US to not be so hard on the kids. Meanwhile every shooter he gets has their lifetime worst performances here, and blows up in the NBA soon as they are used correctly by a better Coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT