ADVERTISEMENT

UT may go to #1

Here’s justification: Duke really isn’t the best team in the country. Duke lost twice. Many voters vote on the Duke name, and all of the dspn clips of Zion that the whole country has to watch 20 times in every single game dspn airs. There is a reason Virginia entered this weekend undefeated and still ranked #4. Either their schedule up to this point doesn’t impress, or the fact that the are mainly a defense oriented team. So, beating a two-loss Duke team shouldn’t rocket them past a one-loss Tennessee team whose only loss was to the then #1 Kansas in OT. They also beat #1 Gonzaga. That said, I don’t think Tennessee cares who is #1 right now.

Moot point now since they lost, but Virginia was undefeated and in front of UT in NET, Kenpom, and Sagarin.

Tennessee has a good team. Up until tonight, UVA had had a better season. It would have gotten even better with a win at Duke.

I’m fine with UT at number 1. They deserve it. But they wouldn’t have deserved it over UVA had they won tonight.

One Elite Eight appearance...the 110+ year highwater mark of their program... [roll]

rockytop.jpg
Would...

Reactions: Joerupp
UT should probably be ranked #1 now, but they looked horrible yesterday. Surprising, given that they were at home against a team that usually owns them.

Gotta laugh at people in this thread who act like UT gets home cooking while little ole UK never gets a good whistle at home. I love UK, but I'm not blind...UK gets a GREAT whistle at home, especially against other SEC teams. There's a reason why our rivals call it CoRUPPT arena and RAPE arena...

Reactions: Obadiah Plainman
UT should probably be ranked #1 now, but they looked horrible yesterday. Surprising, given that they were at home against a team that usually owns them.

Gotta laugh at people in this thread who act like UT gets home cooking while little ole UK never gets a good whistle at home. I love UK, but I'm not blind...UK gets a GREAT whistle at home, especially against other SEC teams. There's a reason why our rivals call it CoRUPPT arena and RAPE arena...
They looked horrible, but Bama beat us.

Reactions: Obadiah Plainman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT