ADVERTISEMENT

Do we win this game in regulation if……

Removing points and not stopping the play is insane but If Ugo dunks after the goal tend and doesn't just 1/2 A$$ after he heard the whistle then there would be a better argument.
More basics Cal does not teach his players like playing through the whistle. More of the "I got to get my players to the Pros and not win games" mentality.

I’m not overly critical of Cal. I still support him and I know he’s a great coach. He makes some stupid decisions sometimes though that deserve to be called out. And he can be an ass. I want him on the bench though. At least right now.
Well at least post game he took blame for quite a bit and that’s a start. Now swallow your pride and fix it. Cal always talks about his weekly conversations with other coaches and tells us their opinions on the team. Start utilizing their objective opinions where we need work. It’s obvious in most areas.

Using a zone occasionally- like a mlb pitcher who has to have backup pitches over just a fastball- is one. Get their ideas or how they ran it. Boeheim , K, Wright , Greenberg to name just a couple all would help if he asked.

The players all played zones in HS. It’s not rocket science. Not that hard if you communicate.

Make them go sideways instead of north south with layups and kickouts. Our opponents would probably freeze up or faint if they saw us zone.

So easy to prepare for UK. Weave til you get the switch/ mismatch high screen and drive.

Last edited:
Well at least post game he took blame for quite a bit and that’s a start. Now swallow your pride and fix it. Cal always talks about his weekly conversations with other coaches and tells us their opinions on the team. Start utilizing their objective opinions where we need work. It’s obvious in most areas.

Using a zone occasionally- like a mlb pitcher who has to have backup pitches over just a fastball- is one. Get their ideas or how they ran it. Boeheim , K, Wright , Greenberg to name just a couple all would help if he asked.

The players all played zones in HS. It’s not rocket science. Not that hard if you communicate.

Make them go sideways instead of north south with layups and lockouts. Our poor td would probably freeze up or faint if they saw us zone.

So easy to prepare for UK. Weave til you get the switch/ mismatch high screen and drive.
I agree, with our length a zone could have slowed them down. We have to find a way to keep opponents out of the paint. Teams now have a blueprint to beat us.

I’d like to see some press, some traps, etc. that may do the trick. Something different. We should be a descent pressing team with our break ability.

1. DJ doesn’t gift them a free possession with 28 seconds left

2. Tre doesn’t play like complete shit

3. We play at least two possessions of descent defense

4. AND THIS IS THE ONE I WANT TO STRESS, WE WIN THIS GAME IF THE REFS DONT TAKE TWO POINTS AWAY FROM US WITH GT CALL. Looking at a dunk when they blew that whistle. I really think that is some bullshit.
If we manage to hold for the last shot I believe we probably win the game. That turnover was a nail

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
I 100% guarantee that if Kentucky were Kansas or Duke, the refs wouldn't even think about taking those 2 points away.
With all due respect the refs kept us in the game with that wild call on the three that they called an offensive foul on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT