ADVERTISEMENT

Updated bracketology.

Based on our play, and what I’ve seen from others, as of this exact moment in time, I don’t have a lot of heartburn with a 5 in the Midwest. As has been pointed out-correctly-Cal’s teams generally show accelerated improvement through the season and so a 5 seed today could mean a 3 seed in March-or if the team really gels, maybe better!

Last edited:
I realize we're polls and seed don't line up. But we lose 1 game--to the proclaimed kings of the universe no less--and we're a 5 seed?

UNC--has 2 losses--they've lost twice as many games as us. They haven't played anyone as good as Duke to date. But you're saying they're a 2? They're a top 5-8 team?

Despite being a 5, that bracket isn’t that hard. I’m not scared of Kansas or Nevada
Kansas, not so much, Nevada...5th yr srs, srs, jrs...I hold a premium on experience...especially against us as of right now...Nevada may be undefeated come tourny time. We will see. (Been my darfk horse since sept)

5 seed huh? I’ll laugh at this bracketology in March. We won’t be below a 3 seed and that’s if we lose 9-10 games.

They better learn to D up and shoot the ball better if they are hoping for a 3 seed.. Right now several teams in the top 25 would smoke Kentucky on a neutral court..

I realize we're polls and seed don't line up. But we lose 1 game--to the proclaimed kings of the universe no less--and we're a 5 seed?

UNC--has 2 losses--they've lost twice as many games as us. They haven't played anyone as good as Duke to date. But you're saying they're a 2? They're a top 5-8 team?

I think his bracketology is based on what he thinks is going to happen rest of the year.

So it has less to do with what actually happened already

Yeah, nothing to see here. UK, I believe will be a one or two seed. I know we will improve as usual. Also, if I counted right I only see five SEC teams in...

SEC and ACC are the best conferences this year, top to bottom. So I think only getting five is pretty laughable.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
It's agenda based. Espn force feeds this crap the entire season. ACC apologists. It naturally brain washes people into believing it. This in turn costs UK a seed line or two every year. The only time it will not is a year we are clear 1 seed. We are 10th in both polls with 1 loss and a 5 seed. You guys can all do the math of what 10 divided by 4 is. Polls and brackets this early are both useless unless they are being used to program people into believing the crap.

Do you have no reading comprehension either? My lord. I said we won’t be “BELOW” a 3 unless we lose 9-10.

Reading comprehension is fine. I mean, I'm not an author or anything, merely a dentist, but the way you worded that can be taken to mean that Kentucky will be, at worst, a 3 seed, and that's if they lose 9-10 games.

You stated "we won't be below a 3 seed and that's if we lose 9-10 games". In the context of the sentence how it's structured, that is inferring the worst Kentucky will be is a 3 seed and that's in the event they lose 9-10 games.

Better way of wording that to take it the way you meant it is, "Kentucky will only be below a 3 seed IF they lose 9-10 games."

Reactions: KyCatFan
Reading comprehension is fine. I mean, I'm not an author or anything, merely a dentist, but the way you worded that can be taken to mean that Kentucky will be, at worst, a 3 seed, and that's if they lose 9-10 games.

You stated "we won't be below a 3 seed and that's if we lose 9-10 games". In the context of the sentence how it's structured, that is inferring the worst Kentucky will be is a 3 seed and that's in the event they lose 9-10 games.

Better way of wording that to take it the way you meant it is, "Kentucky will only be below a 3 seed IF they lose 9-10 games."
Don't be upset because you didn’t take the time to read my post. My post was clearly stated but I will rephrase it so you can understand. If we lose 8 or less we are a 3 seed or better. If we lose 9-10 we will be worse than a 3 seed. Other poster claimed 9-10 equals a 9 or 10 seed. Which is comical because we lost 10 last year and got a 5 seed. Being a dentist doesn’t mean you take the time to read what someone posted. The sentence is as clear cut as it could possible be.

Aside from being a 5 and I think we would likely be more the 4 with VT the 5....either way....no way this happens....KU is a beatable 1, I would take that draw and feel like (if we were playing and defending well), we would have a pretty good shot at getting to the final 4

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT