ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardi brackets UK as a #5 seed. DeCourcy a #6 seed with CCC facing Shaheen Holloway

We don't deserve any better based on our recent play but Lunardi still has Kansas as a 2 seed despite going 5-4 and losing to 3 unranked teams during that stretch.
Lunardi supposedly updates his brackets on Tuesdays and Fridays but the one that's up today was updated yesterday, before the loss to K-State. Maybe he knew something and wanted to try to keep KU as a 2? Hmmm.

We don't deserve any better based on our recent play but Lunardi still has Kansas as a 2 seed despite going 5-4 and losing to 3 unranked teams during that stretch.
They do have wins over Tenn, UConn, Houston, and UK. I think that’s keep them
high in everything. All teams seem like they’ll have some bad losses, so winning the big games is important.

If UK can beat Bama and pick up one road win from Tenn or Auburn, I think that would go a long way in our seeding hopes.

They do have wins over Tenn, UConn, Houston, and UK. I think that’s keep them
high in everything. All teams seem like they’ll have some bad losses, so winning the big games is important.

If UK can beat Bama and pick up one road win from Tenn or Auburn, I think that would go a long way in our seeding hopes.
I get winning big games helps but quad 2 & 3 losses are always the excuse they use to drop us over the years.

Reactions: WeWant9
5 is right where I would seed us currently. I'm guessing 5/6 is where we end up unless we suddenly get a lot better....or worse, than we've looked.

I get winning big games helps but quad 2 & 3 losses are always the excuse they use to drop us over the years.
True. I’ve given up on trying to understand the committee. I always feel when it comes to UK, it’s all about the made for tv match ups. So like some of the mocks are saying, watch us get Pitino and St Johns first round.

I’ll give you that the West Virginia loss was pretty rough, but Iowa State and UCF were quad 1 games at the time, and K-State is likely to move up enough to become one after winning, plus all of those were on the road. None as bad of a loss as UNCW or Florida at home if you’re going by the quad system.

Shaheen Holloway would clean Cal’s clock again.
Unless this team figures it out on their own and gets hot, we’re screwed!

Cal’s not out coaching anyone.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I’ll give you that the West Virginia loss was pretty rough, but Iowa State and UCF were quad 1 games at the time, and K-State is likely to move up enough to become one after winning, plus all of those were on the road. None as bad of a loss as UNCW or Florida at home if you’re going by the quad system.
I am not comparing them to UK and as a matter of a fact I said we deserved our drop in the polls and seeding but they don't deserve a top 2-3 seed and top 5 ranking with 4 losses in their last 9 games and 3 of those against unranked teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT