ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky a 6 seed latest bracketology.

I believe that he'd still have us as a 6 even if we won that UNCW game. He's got the top 4 seeds littered with teams that haven't played anyone, so he's just projecting what he thinks will happen, not saying "as of today's games".

Yes, he's a moron. That whole justification he gave on TV about rationalizing Cal's performance over the years was a laugher.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Bracket Matrix also has us as a 6 seed, and that's averaged out over lots of bracketologists. I think it's probably about accurate in regards to where we are today.

Can we climb higher? Yes. A 1 seed is still on the table. But this is certainly the price of losing to UNCW

Yeah a 6 seed is pretty absurd. At our current ranking, much more realistic would be a 4 seed.
That very much depends on whether Cal doubles down on having two bigs in there at the same time, or whether he embraces what this team is really capable of: spreading the floor and running the daylights out of the opponent. Just depends on whether Cal is interested in a championship or further cementing his legacy as an under-achieving-NBA-recruiter. I think he's waking up!

I don't get UT as a 3 seed. I know their 3 losses are against top 10 teams but they are still losses. We have proven it doesn't matter if you play top teams if you lose more than you win you aren't that good.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Can anybody name a single team with more upside than us this year? I don't pay any attention to what any of them have to say at this point. If guessing...like everyone else is...I'd say we end up a 2, just based on some hurtful early losses. A lot of season to go.

I believe that he'd still have us as a 6 even if we won that UNCW game. He's got the top 4 seeds littered with teams that haven't played anyone, so he's just projecting what he thinks will happen, not saying "as of today's games".

Yes, he's a moron. That whole justification he gave on TV about rationalizing Cal's performance over the years was a laugher.
So Lunardi is right when he gives an opinion on what our seed might be but wrong when he gives facts about how we have performed against our seed?

That’s a reach even for a charter member of the CHC. 😆

Can anybody name a single team with more upside than us this year? I don't pay any attention to what any of them have to say at this point. If guessing...like everyone else is...I'd say we end up a 2, just based on some hurtful early losses. A lot of season to go.
The reason there aren't a lot more teams with upside is because most of them are already up in the rankings and nowhere to go but down.

So yeah, we have that going for us.....which is nice.

6hhvd.gif

Gotta love when you are No. 14 in the country yet sub 40 in the net and a projected 6 seed.

At this point, all anyone is doing is going "Who knows?" and using clout to justify their random guess.

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
Any upside (and I assume you mean by player development) is negated by our current coach who cannot develop players. It's on the kids to figure it out... and then hope the game isn't close the last 4 minutes (especially if we have the lead), because our current coach will take it out of their hands.

The reason there aren't a lot more teams with upside is because most of them are already up in the rankings and nowhere to go but down.

So yeah, we have that going for us.....which is nice.

6hhvd.gif
I disagree. I think most teams will and should get better as the season goes. But just look at our team to now. Very young but loaded with potential. Not to mention we're just now getting to full strength. Again, I believe we have a lot of good things to look forward to this season. Our bigs haven't practiced, much less played and are shall we say...very rough around the edges. If Bradshaw improves as much as he did from his 1st to 2nd games...look out. Granted, the first was just terrible, but is also understandable. Being so inexperienced worries me in the unc game. If Big U shows up though, that's what we need in this game. UNC will try to run with us early. If our shots are falling, they will slow it down because they nor anyone else can run with us if shots are going down. Realistically though, we shoot 45% from 2 and 33% from 3, without the bigs. With them, we may go to 58% from 2 and our 3's are less guarded, hopefully upping the percentage from outside. That's seldom gonna be a loss.

Any upside (and I assume you mean by player development) is negated by our current coach who cannot develop players. It's on the kids to figure it out... and then hope the game isn't close the last 4 minutes (especially if we have the lead), because our current coach will take it out of their hands.
Oh ye of little faith. I hope we've all watched all of Cal's teams, both good and great. If so, you should see why I think this team is a special one and that Cal is the right man for the job. I agree that he sometimes does some things that are just plain stupid, to me. And yes, there may well be better last 4 minute coaches out there. I for one, am not better. But I don't think there is anyone better at developing outstanding talent, and he has that right now. Huge upside to this squad! I don't pretend to like all of the bashing until you can give me a name that will appease the masses as much as he has. I remember the Joe Hall years. I bet you'd loved those.

I don't get UT as a 3 seed. I know their 3 losses are against top 10 teams but they are still losses. We have proven it doesn't matter if you play top teams if you lose more than you win you aren't that good.

Funny how that works. It seems every year we, Kentucky, are chasing new criteria. We heard that playing the sub 300 teams was bad for you, so here we are playing several near-100 mid major teams.

Why do I get the feeling that because the SEC isn't really strong at the top, it's going to be held against us in some way.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
Cal Hate Cult, I believe. Just as lame as the people who use cow and ccc.
I guess that guy doesn't pay much attention, or he just clumps anyone that criticizes Cal into that little clique.

I'm neither on the hate or love cult. I am frustrated with him and sometimes rip his stubbornness and unwillingness to stick with what's working, but each year I let the results speak. So not sure where this guy / gal gets that I'm a "charter member" of the CHC.

Reactions: bbncal02
I guess that guy doesn't pay much attention, or he just clumps anyone that criticizes Cal into that little clique.

I'm neither on the hate or love cult. I am frustrated with him and sometimes rip his stubbornness and unwillingness to stick with what's working, but each year I let the results speak. So not sure where this guy / gal gets that I'm a "charter member" of the CHC.
Ditto

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps

Anything but pure love for Cal = a hater to him. I got a little laugh when he grouped you into it.

• Haha
Reactions: TheDude73
It’s appropriate given our net right now is sub 40. Those thinking we are in the 2-4 range how many times you gonna be fooled??
Except uk isnt in a vacumn. Ill bet yo 100 we will be no lowere than a 4 seed. Put or shit up.

Only people I’ll say who shouldn’t have a job in their main profession is Pat Adams and Joe Lunardi.

Both senior citizen idiots past their prime.

That very much depends on whether Cal doubles down on having two bigs in there at the same time, or whether he embraces what this team is really capable of: spreading the floor and running the daylights out of the opponent. Just depends on whether Cal is interested in a championship or further cementing his legacy as an under-achieving-NBA-recruiter. I think he's waking up!

I hope he is, excuses be darned...

Reactions: NociHTTP
What? We've been a 2-seed in 2017, 2019 and 2022. We were also going to be no less than a 3-seed in the COVID year.
Right now. Today if the field was set we would be in the 7-9 range. You’re gonna tell me we are going to do enough winning in a conference that hasnt done great ooc to get as high as a 2 seed??? Reality was when we lost to UNCW. That’s our team. We have another 6-8 regular season losses in us. Falling on the 2-4 line isn’t happening unless something changes very fast.

Anything above an 3 seed is a failure for this team.

I have to agree. Too much talent assembled this year to do any worse than that. If Cal can’t coach this bunch to a 3-seed or better he might as well hang it up.

Right now. Today if the field was set we would be in the 7-9 range. You’re gonna tell me we are going to do enough winning in a conference that hasnt done great ooc to get as high as a 2 seed??? Reality was when we lost to UNCW. That’s our team. We have another 6-8 regular season losses in us. Falling on the 2-4 line isn’t happening unless something changes very fast.

When has seeding ever been finalized in mid December?

And no, we would not be a 7-9 range if it was done today. Even Lunardi doesn't have us that low. We're ranked in the top25, we aren't an 8-seed lmfao.

Some of you have become absolutely unhinged.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT