ADVERTISEMENT

UK - EKU game thread

Whatever you want to call our talent level ... coaching has always been a concern. Whatever that is, there's no excuse. Lesser teams come to Commonwealth RUPP regularly with lesser talent but seem to be better coached. That said, I fully expect UK to wear them down and win this game, but the concern is consistent and telling. That shouldn't be the case at UK ... we "sposed to be" SEC.
Changing Commonwealth to Rupp and it's like we are talking about Cal. Stoops and Cal are more alike than people like to admit. Yes, Cal gets better talent by a mile....but the end results are similar. Underperforming on the court/field.

I like both Stoops and Cal. But i'm just disappointed with some of their performances lately.

Absolutely uninspired football. As usual, the defense plays very vanilla to start the game and lets EKU scramble for a TD. Offense puts themselves in a hole with 2nd and 3rd and long.

We should win comfortably but it's disheartening to see us sleepwalk during the first quarter week after week.

Cal and Stoops are like 2 peas in a pod when it comes to OFFENSE!
Not wrong but at least with football a slow clock control methodical offense can be an effective strategy even if it isn’t sexy as it helps your defense and keeps the other teams offense off the field.

In basketball, bad stall ball just produces bad offense and the other teams is still scoring at whatever rate they would have scored at due to the shot clock. Cal would have loved the Dean Smith 4 corners days…lean on super athletic defense and then run the weave as much as possible until you get a driving lane or lob off a backdoor

We ready to have the conversation that wandale robinson made Liam coen look a lot better than he actually is

This team may not lose today but they deserve to with this effort. If they don't step it up, I hope they do.

3rd and 9 and a pass three yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Garbage series on offense. You can't look a lot uglier than it has been. The tempo favors EKU at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT