ADVERTISEMENT

Uh Oh Zion

Kansas assistant coach Townsend didn’t seem to flinch at the request.

Kurtis Townsend: "I've got to just try to work and figure out a way because if that's what it takes to get him here for 10 months, we're going to have to do it some way."

zion-juicing.jpg

Kurtis Townsend: "I've got to just try to work and figure out a way because if that's what it takes to get him here for 10 months, we're going to have to do it some way."
Wonder what old dukie v has to say about this?

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow

This is what was most damning

Reactions: Cindog28
Guys. We took K’s statement out of context. He was talking about his freshman class. No one cheated to get guys from duke because they got em all by cheating more than competitors

Serious question: is it a violation for a player to ask for work, housing for family, and cash money? Or is it only a violation to receive it?

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow

What we have here is really interesting because it won’t have impact on the verdict in the trial but it is roping in a lot of new troubling info (without full context) ... including Zion Williamson — oh by the way who’s the most famous player in college basketball.
Quote Tweet

According to Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports, a taped conversation between former Adidas employee Merl Code and Kansas assistant Kurtis Townsend discussed what it would take to land Williamson before he committed to the Blue Devils.

Hey, but between me and you, he asked about some stuff," Code was heard saying. "... I know what he's asking for. He's asking for opportunities from an occupational perspective, he's asking for cash in the pocket and he's asking for housing for him and his family."

"If that's what it takes to get him here for 10 months," Townsend responded, "we're going to have to do it some way”

Kansas again!!!! But they didn’t know which was changed to everybody knows when that lie got blown up.

LSU coach Will Wade is the subject of another phone call the defense tried to enter into evidence. On that call, Wade tells Dawkins “that he can get him what he needs, meaning money, if a high school player in Florida, Balsa Koprivica, agrees to play for LSU,” Donnelly argued.

”We think is indicative of — we think it’s relevant to Mr. Dawkins’ intent and his belief that he was not hurting these universities, but in fact, based on his understanding of Division I coaches, was giving them what they wanted.”

Quote from Adidas' Merl Code and Kansas assistant Kurtis Townsend discussing Zion Williamson's recruitment... "Hey, but between me and you, he asked about some stuff ... I know what he's asking for. He's asking for opportunities from an occupational perspective, he's asking for cash in the pocket and he's asking for housing for him and his family."

Will he ever play a game in a Duke uniform? Did Duke give Zion what he was asking for?

Reactions: CatfanMike47
LSU coach Will Wade is the subject of another phone call the defense tried to enter into evidence. On that call, Wade tells Dawkins “that he can get him what he needs, meaning money, if a high school player in Florida, Balsa Koprivica, agrees to play for LSU,” Donnelly argued.

”We think is indicative of — we think it’s relevant to Mr. Dawkins’ intent and his belief that he was not hurting these universities, but in fact, based on his understanding of Division I coaches, was giving them what they wanted.”
I read an article last year around the time that all this broke that rival coaches were upset with Wade's 'recruiting tactics.' Guess we know what that means now. This screams Hugh Freeze at Ole Miss. No name coach at a scrub school suddenly landing 5 star recruits.

If Duke did give Zion what he was asking for... there will be some amazing fireworks coming in the near future.[cheers]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT