ADVERTISEMENT

Uh Oh Zion

If I'm trying to be objective:

Sure, kentucky could be involved in something with Zion. We were recruiting him and the staff wanted him. I'm not so naive to assume every other big school is cheating but that there's no way possible that Kentucky wouldn't do the same.

But with the way Zion switched to Duke on a dime, a school he really wasn't considering much, to play with two other ball-first SFs.. Leads me to believe Kentucky wasn't the one that paid.. It was Duke. Kentucky and Cal were perfect for him, from a playing stand point, a marketing standpoint, and an NBA standpoint.

Zion going to Duke was the most suspect thing they've done since.. Bagley and Duval.

Sure, kentucky could be involved in something with Zion. We were recruiting him and the staff wanted him. I'm not so naive to assume every other big school is cheating but that there's no way possible that Kentucky wouldn't do the same.

But with the way Zion switched to Duke on a dime, a school he really wasn't considering much, to play with two other ball-first SFs.. Leads me to believe Kentucky wasn't the one that paid.. It was Duke. Kentucky and Cal were perfect for him, from a playing stand point, a marketing standpoint, and an NBA standpoint.

Zion going to Duke was the most suspect thing they've done since.. Bagley and Duval.
Absolutely. We were never in the running with Bagley or Zion from what's said publicly. Now we know why.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Absolutely. We were never in the running with Bagley or Zion from what's said publicly. Now we know why.

Oh I didn't know that. We were NEVER in the running for Zion? If that's the case then even less likely I think UK threw money at him (although maybe as a last resort? Still..).

These were never the recruits that Duke got. They were all coming to Kentucky and Cal because he made the product first.

To disrupt Cal, something had to be offered.

Oh I didn't know that. We were NEVER in the running for Zion? If that's the case then even less likely I think UK threw money at him (although maybe as a last resort? Still..).

These were never the recruits that Duke got. They were all coming to Kentucky and Cal because he made the product first.

To disrupt Cal, something had to be offered.
I mean, we were in the running so to speak. Seems like, though, a family member of Zion's said we weren't one of the last choices or some shit like that.

Are Zion's parents confirmed to be living in Colvard Farms? Or is this speculation?

Calipari doesn’t take orders from that woman and she doesn’t have a GD clue what goes on behind the scenes of college basketball. She’s a glorified secretary and dugout mom. Hey look, kids got a few C’s. It checks out. Lol.

Cal is the only person responsible for knowing who and who not to take. you Want to like a woman you know nothing about from your girlfriend chair fine, but don’t make up sht to help her.

Sandy - hey Cal, don’t recruit Zion.

Cal - Sandy are you crazy!!

Sandy - no Cal, he’s on the take. And shoe companies are all over the map. I’ll update you later on who you need to drop.

Cal - thanks Sandy, without you I’d be in deep sht.

:joy:
And you have proof otherwise?

Here’s the problem with the assumption that Duke paid him.

Duke doesn’t even have to pay recruits to get an unfair advantage - Zion is going to get MILLIONS of dollar in free promotion by attending Duke this year. That’s all they have to tell recruits.

It’s already started. Every ESPN talking head will be yapping abt Zion and Duke non-stop all season, and is there any doubt in anyone’s mind that the degree of hype that will surround him this year as a Duke player is going to be 10 times what it would have been had he gone to Clemson?

Unfair? Yes? Against the rules? Unfortunately no.

Zion was going to get millions of dollars regardless of whether he ended up at KU or Duke. If a program like Kansas was willing to pay for his services, why not Duke?

That being said......it is just an assumption and you are right. Nothing will happen

Some people didn't care when Zion was wearing an Adidas shirt in this interview after he was signed with Duke. Wonder if those same people care now? :popcorn:
Been waiting to view this right here. I just ran out of high speed too, damn. Why is it that they sign the most dbag players possible? Always.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_GG and Cindog28
Calipari doesn’t take orders from that woman and she doesn’t have a GD clue what goes on behind the scenes of college basketball. She’s a glorified secretary and dugout mom. Hey look, kids got a few C’s. It checks out. Lol.

Cal is the only person responsible for knowing who and who not to take. you Want to like a woman you know nothing about from your girlfriend chair fine, but don’t make up sht to help her.

Sandy - hey Cal, don’t recruit Zion.

Cal - Sandy are you crazy!!

Sandy - no Cal, he’s on the take. And shoe companies are all over the map. I’ll update you later on who you need to drop.

Cal - thanks Sandy, without you I’d be in deep sht.

:joy:

Your wrong about Sandy.

College coaches know this is going on. That doesn't mean they actively participate.

Then why are you mentioning the Kentucky was also recruiting him? That’s an extremely loose justification with absolutely NO proof of any wrongdoing. Meanwhile your coach is mentioned over and over again with player after player after player and you still aren’t convinced he’s dirty. You honestly come here and defend him like a moron and when Zion gets mentioned you throw out there that Kentucky was recruiting him too. If you’re saying that makes Kentucky guilty by association, then step up and be a man and admit self probably knew players were getting paid. If you don’t believe that, you are a fool. You can’t have it both ways.

You are transparent. Everyone can see right through you. Everything stacked up against Self and yet you still believe he’s innocent yet in the same breath say “Kentucky was recruiting Zion” as if that’s admission of guilt or something. You are a fool. Don’t come here acting like we’ve done something wrong when as of now, we don’t have S!*T to do with this investigation. You all do. Get used to it.

I agree 100%. Yet this Kansas clown is over here talking out of both sides of his mouth like a damn fool. That’s the difference between us and them. All this circumstantial evidence against Kansas, yet they’re 100% innocent, kentucky simply recruits a kid every coach in the country recruited and he mentions it like it’s some kind of guilt. The hypocrisy runneth over.

Your wrong about Sandy.

The idiot said last year that he wished she was fired so UK could take more chances on the recruiting trail, lol. Talk about a guy that could care less about anything but a championship so he can beat his chest. He’s a complete joke of a UK fan.

And you have proof otherwise?

Proof that Calipari doesn't ask Sandy Bell about who is and isn't dirty and under the table? Why would I need to prove something so stupidly obvious? You think Sandy Bell, a university compliance officer, knows more about the under dealings in college basketball than Cal?

Your wrong about Sandy.

Sandy Bell is a pitiful woman who hates just about every one of you. She's not responsible for anything except checking grades and bei ng a dugout mom on the road. You guys have built her up to be mother Teresa without knowing anything about her. I know her, and I'll battle every one of you on the topic and couldn't care less how many of you have brainwashed yourselves into thinking she's responsible for Cal being clean.

The idiot said last year that he wished she was fired so UK could take more chances on the recruiting trail, lol. Talk about a guy that could care less about anything but a championship so he can beat his chest. He’s a complete joke of a UK fan.

Coming from the biggest moron and one of the most awkward people on this board, that's a compliment.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Proof that Calipari doesn't ask Sandy Bell about who is and isn't dirty and under the table? Why would I need to prove something so stupidly obvious? You think Sandy Bell, a university compliance officer, knows more about the under dealings in college basketball than Cal?
You just slandered Sandy Bell on a UK message board, and when asked if you had any proof then you acted like your feelings were hurt.

They were just saying on Pro Day that all the kids they recruit already have a resume established before UK meets with them. Anything a player has posted on social media or problems with school are all included. Kind of seems like something a compliance office would be in charge of... Wow.

I think the politics board is that way. -----> At least when you are wrong there, then people admire your passion and a few will agree with you, but right now you look like a douche. Jmo.

Last edited:
You just slandered Sandy Bell on a UK message board, and when asked if you had any proof then you acted like your feelings were hurt.

They were just saying on Pro Day that all the kids they recruit already have a resume established before UK meets with them. Anything a player has posted on social media or problems with school are all included. Kind of seems like something a compliance office would be in charge of... Wow.

I think the politics board is that way. -----> At least when you are wrong there, then people admire your passion and a few will agree with you, but right now you look like a douche. Jmo.

What is it you want me to prove and what do politics have with the conversation? You seem all over the map. We are talking about Sandy Bell having the knowledge to back Cal off of players on the take during this scandal. I'm the one who brought grades into it because that's what she mainly reviews. Not Cal snubbing a player who was on the take for Adidas. Cal would have way more knowledge than her on any of those situations.

And trust me, meet the woman before you form an opinion. I'm not the one who sounds like a jackass.

Bell doesn't have anything to do with this situation. We are clean right now because of Cals knowledge and experience with the AAU circuit and shoe companies. She couldn't be more irrelevant in that conversation but there's a small wierd segment on this board who thinks she's way more important than she is. She provides a service and this board takes it way too far.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I think Piggie was a Kansas mess?

Myron Piggie paid Corey Magette (Duke), Jaron Rush (UCLA), Kareem Rush (Missouri) and Andre Williams (Oklahoma St.)....The Rush brothers and Williams were suspended by their schools for varying periods. Those cases were resolved by the NCAA with the Rush brothers (Kareem & Jaron) each missing nine games and Williams five. Maggette was never declared ineligible and suited up for every game despite receiving the same amount of cash as Kareem Rush.

In fact the indictment noted - Federal law-enforcement sources tell ESPN that the indictment alleges that Piggie gave JaRon Rush $5,000 to lease a 1998 Blazer in January 1998 on condition that he NOT accept a scholarship to play at Kansas.

Reactions: ColonelCat
Aside from Duke possibly placing Zion's parents in nice jobs and helping them find a nice house to rent, it's also plausible that he went to Duke because he knew he wouldn't have to go to class or get the grades. Duke always takes care of that. UK doesn't do that either. Nobody thinks about this side of the equation.

ADVERTISEMENT