ADVERTISEMENT

Uh Oh Zion

The NCAA will do nothing. All they would need to do is:

1) list Zion's parents occupations and approx income prior to Zion enrolling at Duke
2) make note of prior residence, cost and value
3) list vehicles driven a year ago
4) now make the same list today
5) confirm they did not win a lottery
6) put Duke on probation

But since they won't do steps 1-5, step 6 is impossible.

Aside from Duke possibly placing Zion's parents in nice jobs and helping them find a nice house to rent, it's also plausible that he went to Duke because he knew he wouldn't have to go to class or get the grades. Duke always takes care of that. UK doesn't do that either. Nobody thinks about this side of the equation.

This is very true and something that I believe has had an effect on many recruitments for Duke in years past. The secretive nature of Duke academics because of private status is something that shouldn’t be tolerated when it comes to fairness and system oversight. Duke is going to get what’s coming to them because without K’s guard it won’t sustain to these levels if the ncaa doesn’t have a favorite in the seat. Duke will fall faster than Indiana ever did. Just look at the chaos on the court when Capel stepped in. That’s what it will be like.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I think I'm remembering right that when interviewed Zion Williamson didn't even have Kentucky in his top 3 when he was interviewed after he committed to Duke. I thought that was strange considering everyone saying that we were leading forever. Now we know why.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
This is all so ridiculous. I mean other schools have to be a bit miffed no?

Duke is literally able to cheat , plain as day and nothing is done.

Forget Lance and Cory. Just in the last 2 years you’ve had the incredibly shady recruitment of Bagley (who was provided a $1 million dollar home, lifted out of bankruptcy and was provided tuition for a private school attended by millionaire celebrities.... oh and reclassifying in like 9 days) and those are *facts* not speculation or “rumors.”

Now you have another obvious cheating Scandal with Zion and absolutely nothing will be done

The NCAA will do nothing. All they would need to do is:

1) list Zion's parents occupations and approx income prior to Zion enrolling at Duke
2) make note of prior residence, cost and value
3) list vehicles driven a year ago
4) now make the same list today
5) confirm they did not win a lottery
6) put Duke on probation

But since they won't do steps 1-5, step 6 is impossible.

How would the NCAA come about all that information?

Here’s the problem with the assumption that Duke paid him.

Duke doesn’t even have to pay recruits to get an unfair advantage - Zion is going to get MILLIONS of dollar in free promotion by attending Duke this year. That’s all they have to tell recruits.

It’s already started. Every ESPN talking head will be yapping abt Zion and Duke non-stop all season, and is there any doubt in anyone’s mind that the degree of hype that will surround him this year as a Duke player is going to be 10 times what it would have been had he gone to Clemson?

Unfair? Yes? Against the rules? Unfortunately no.
No disrespect, but here’s the problem with your theory:

We know that Williamson and his family were asking for money/jobs/housing. We also know they found a school that said yes to these requests. So, by your reasoning, they had a change of heart about free money/jobs/housing, and decided they didn’t want/need all of this from a Blueblood school, and decided to sign with Duke for nothing.

This really doesn’t add up.

No disrespect, but here’s the problem with your theory:

We know that Williamson and his family were asking for money/jobs/housing. We also know they found a school that said yes to these requests. So, by your reasoning, they had a change of heart about free money/jobs/housing, and decided they didn’t want/need all of this from a Blueblood school, and decided to sign with Duke for nothing.

This really doesn’t add up.

Wasn’t Skals handler asking for money?

I would note that if it is true that someone was asking for this inn Zion’s behalf that it was before the FBI story broke.

Zion committed to Duke well after the FBI investigation started. It’s reasonable to assume things changed over the course of that time with atheist FBI investigating recruits and college basketball.

She seems to be smokin. Curious tho lol... is she “cool” (aware?) of her glorious-ness being on display for these old pervs on RR ? ;)
Oh, absolutely. She knows all about it. I wouldn't do it without her knowing anyway. She's a cool ass chick.

Edit: Damn, bud, lighten up on the old pervs a little. There's young and middle aged pervs on here as well. Stereotyping at its finest. [eyeroll]

[laughing]

Last edited:
Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Wasn’t Skals handler asking for money?

I would note that if it is true that someone was asking for this inn Zion’s behalf that it was before the FBI story broke.

Zion committed to Duke well after the FBI investigation started. It’s reasonable to assume things changed over the course of that time with atheist FBI investigating recruits and college basketball.

1. There's a difference between a handler and a father/stepfather
2. The investigation was made public in September, he committed in January. Quite unexpectedly, which had most people dumbfounded. That's not exactly a lengthy period of time. Was there a reason?
3. There are other reasonable, "less homer" assumptions to be made here as well.
4. How do you know the FBI is atheist?

Reactions: CatfanMike47
1. There's a difference between a handler and a father/stepfather
2. The investigation was made public in September, he committed in January. Quite unexpectedly, which had most people dumbfounded. That's not exactly a lengthy period of time. Was there a reason?
3. There are other reasonable, "less homer" assumptions to be made here as well.
4. How do you know the FBI is atheist?

1) sure there is, but if either got paid it’s still a violation.
2) four months is a pretty decent amount of time if you ask me. People were mainly dumbfounded because Duke already had Reddish and Barrett. Duke was on his list the whole time. I was surprised as well but mainly for the reason I just mentioned. He grew up a Duke fan.
4) I just assumed, a fault on my part

1) sure there is, but if either got paid it’s still a violation.
2) four months is a pretty decent amount of time if you ask me. People were mainly dumbfounded because Duke already had Reddish and Barrett. Duke was on his list the whole time. I was surprised as well but mainly for the reason I just mentioned. He grew up a Duke fan.
4) I just assumed, a fault on my part

I'm just glad people have been able to see that K is as compromised as anyone and that his false "we're doing it the right way" mantra he used for years is nothing short of playacting.

The moment he crawled into camp with Bagley and Duval, his soul was officially sold.

I'm just glad people have been able to see that K is as compromised as anyone and that his false "we're doing it the right way" mantra he used for years is nothing short of playacting.

The moment he crawled into camp with Bagley and Duval, his soul was officially sold.

Personally I feel players should be allowed to profit off themselves and also I want Duke to get good players. So it’s two birds/one stone scenario for me.

Historians may look back and say K was ahead of his time and a pioneer for paying players before it was recognized as the thing we should have been doing all along.

Reactions: JoeBeeHall

I'll take it one step farther...the minute he hired Capel, a proven cheater, the whole facade of "LOM" and "doing it the right way" became a sham.

Personally I feel players should be allowed to profit off themselves and also I want Duke to get good players. So it’s two birds/one stone scenario for me.

Historians may look back and say K was ahead of his time and a pioneer for paying players before it was recognized as the thing we should have been doing all along.

Your personal feelings and prognostications for the future do not change the fact that as of October 18, 2018 it's against NCAA rules.

Well it's apparent it doesn't bother you. But I'd venture to say you wanted UNCheat to fry for their cheating. As far as proof, there will be nothing. The media and Duke fans will continue to hold this cheating pri@k up as a beacon of all that is right with college basketball, much like Wooden. The common, unspoken denominator here is both were cheaters of the highest order.

Well it's apparent it doesn't bother you. But I'd venture to say you wanted UNCheat to fry for their cheating. As far as proof, there will be nothing. The media and Duke fans will continue to hold this cheating pri@k up as a beacon of all that is right with college basketball, much like Wooden. The common, unspoken denominator here is both were cheaters of the highest order.

The more the UNC thing dragged on the less I cared. Any punishment I wanted for UNC was purely for my amusement. Not because I was so abhorred at what they actually did.

"Williamson picked the Blue Devils over Clemson, Kentucky, South Carolina, North Carolina and Kansas. While this next statementis almost never true when it comes to a five-star prospect deciding to play for Mike Krzyzewwki, the fact of the matter is Williamson picking Duke is a surprising outcome. Heading into the weekend, 247 Sports' Crystal Ball projection had Clemson at 87 percent to land the dominating talent from Spartanburg, South Carolina. Kentucky and South Carolina were considered finalists but Duke wasn't even listed as a possibility."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...lliamson-pulls-shocker-by-committing-to-duke/

Nothing to see here....

"Williamson picked the Blue Devils over Clemson, Kentucky, South Carolina, North Carolina and Kansas. While this next statementis almost never true when it comes to a five-star prospect deciding to play for Mike Krzyzewwki, the fact of the matter is Williamson picking Duke is a surprising outcome. Heading into the weekend, 247 Sports' Crystal Ball projection had Clemson at 87 percent to land the dominating talent from Spartanburg, South Carolina. Kentucky and South Carolina were considered finalists but Duke wasn't even listed as a possibility."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...lliamson-pulls-shocker-by-committing-to-duke/

Nothing to see here....

I mean Duke still had a crystal ball pick and was on his list of schools he was choosing from. Knox didn’t have a single crystal ball pick for Kentucky, I don’t think that means something fishy was going on. Just that he decided he wanted to go to UK.

I remember when Zion first started to become a top prospect I checked out his Instagram and he had 4-5 pics of him in Duke gear. No other colleges. Once he became high profile and heavily recruited he took most those pics down, I assume to seem less impartial and not have fans commenting on it.

What we have here is a giant, high-stakes, game of Chicken between top recruits, power schools, and the NCAA. And the NCAA is losing, big time.

If the NCAA hammers a high-profile power school, they know it will open the lid and provide visibility into what is a cesspool of hypocrisy, greed, and rapidly increasing irrelevance. (The exception to this goes to U6 for going above and beyond to force the NCAA's hand. There's more grey area to hide in for payments, classes and procedure. Not so much for minors and hookers) Even if the NCAA still has 'teeth,' which is in serious doubt, they can't afford to have the onion peeled back publicly and be forced to explain why they even exist anymore.

I mean Duke still had a crystal ball pick and was on his list of schools he was choosing from. Knox didn’t have a single crystal ball pick for Kentucky, I don’t think that means something fishy was going on. Just that he decided he wanted to go to UK.

I remember when Zion first started to become a top prospect I checked out his Instagram and he had 4-5 pics of him in Duke gear. No other colleges. Once he became high profile and heavily recruited he took most those pics down, I assume to seem less impartial and not have fans commenting on it.

Your point is well taken, however, there is one GIGANTIC difference...there is testimony that says one of those recruit's stepfather was asking for a job, a house, and money. See the difference?

The schools are the NCAA. If the schools wanted this stuff to stop the NCAA would make a much greater effort to make it stop.

Your point is well taken, however, there is one GIGANTIC difference...there is testimony that says one of those recruit's stepfather was asking for a job, a house, and money. See the difference?

This is true. But nothing has been proven and personally I am hoping Zion and his family got a boat load of money that the NCAA won’t have any power to do anything about.

And oddly enough, it appears that this recruit's stepfather now has a job, a house, and money, as his step-son attends Duke. Can't get more of a hint of something being fishy than that, yet the NCAA will just say it's not enough to warrant looking into it.

Reactions: RipThru
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT