ADVERTISEMENT

Uh Oh Zion

I've seen this horror movie before and know exactly how it ends. K acts appalled and incredulous that anyone would question his integrity. Dukie V and Bilas come to Duke's defense. ESPN focuses on anything else but a player from Duke being involved. Emmert stalls the investigation until other media outlets lose interest in the story. U6 pays the price for all of it when the NCAA finally acts on anything revealed from the FBI investigation. The BBN audience thinks K is finally, finally dead in the water only to rise again and attack the girl in the canoe.
th

Can you post the highlights for those of us banned please. TIA
It wasn’t Zion asking for that. It was his stepdad or Dad I believe. His stepdad basically asked for a job and housing. God the media is trying their best to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

I read an article last year around the time that all this broke that rival coaches were upset with Wade's 'recruiting tactics.' Guess we know what that means now. This screams Hugh Freeze at Ole Miss. No name coach at a scrub school suddenly landing 5 star recruits.
What about Vanderbilt? Think it's just a matter of time before they drop Drew's name? He's been landing some big-time recruits too.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
What about Vanderbilt? Think it's just a matter of time before they drop Drew's name? He's been landing some big-time recruits too.
Hey Jeff.

I actually haven’t heard a single thing that indicates Drew is doing anything shady. My guess is he’s a huge fan of the I.D. Network, and knows that burner phones and cash are the way to go.

I wonder if NCAA will attempt to address this before the season starts, and will Duke play him and take a chance on vacating victories?

If Zion was asking for all that stuff and from the report Kansas was willing to give him what he asked for, then what would make him say no to his demands being met? Obviously duke upped the ante, there’s no other explanation.

KU and now dUKe up to their cheekbones in NCAA infractions.....waiting for the shoe to drop....yeah, right.

Really hope Duke backed the brinks truck up for Zion. These kids deserve to get paid and doubtful the NCAA actually has any evidence to do anything.

Why would anyone think Duke cheated to get Zion? Just to get to kiss K's ring is worth much more than whatever KU was offering.

And to be set for life. Nothing to see here except those nasty grad transfers.

According to Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports, a taped conversation between former Adidas employee Merl Code and Kansas assistant Kurtis Townsend discussed what it would take to land Williamson before he committed to the Blue Devils.

Hey, but between me and you, he asked about some stuff," Code was heard saying. "... I know what he's asking for. He's asking for opportunities from an occupational perspective, he's asking for cash in the pocket and he's asking for housing for him and his family."

"If that's what it takes to get him here for 10 months," Townsend responded, "we're going to have to do it some way”

Kansas again!!!! But they didn’t know which was changed to everybody knows when that lie got blown up.[/Q

Hey don't worry about it , I am sure corner baby will tell us how it really went down, and we shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet !!!

Reactions: Xception
I've seen this horror movie before and know exactly how it ends. K acts appalled and incredulous that anyone would question his integrity. Dukie V and Bilas come to Duke's defense. ESPN focuses on anything else but a player from Duke being involved. Emmert stalls the investigation until other media outlets lose interest in the story. U6 pays the price for all of it when the NCAA finally acts on anything revealed from the FBI investigation. The BBN audience thinks K is finally, finally dead in the water only to rise again and attack the girl in the canoe.
th
It’s hard to dispute any of this. Coach K is bulletproof.

Here’s the problem with the assumption that Duke paid him.

Duke doesn’t even have to pay recruits to get an unfair advantage - Zion is going to get MILLIONS of dollar in free promotion by attending Duke this year. That’s all they have to tell recruits.

It’s already started. Every ESPN talking head will be yapping abt Zion and Duke non-stop all season, and is there any doubt in anyone’s mind that the degree of hype that will surround him this year as a Duke player is going to be 10 times what it would have been had he gone to Clemson?

Unfair? Yes? Against the rules? Unfortunately no.

The NCAA has just now asked the FBI to stop the trail and drop the case because they now feel the FBI has crossed the line . The nerve of a federal agency to say something bad about that Rat Face phony bastard!! This has got to stop !!!

for a Golden Corral buffet type set-up in his house stocked with a steady supply of pancakes, waffles, cheeseburgers, fries and snickers bars.

Why would anyone think Duke cheated to get Zion? Just to get to kiss K's ring is worth much more than whatever KU was offering.

And to be set for life. Nothing to see here except those nasty grad transfers.
It's the Brotherhood.

I wonder if NCAA will attempt to address this before the season starts, and will Duke play him and take a chance on vacating victories?
Duke will take no chances on vacating anything.Zion will play from day one.The NCAA will do nothing.I will enjoy any and all wins we have this season and be less upset by any losses. Final fours or National Championships have been reduced to near meaninglessness by the NCAA.If they fail to act based on what we have learned in this trial the the reduction will only be greater.

That is how I see college basketball as of today,I didn't think I could lose more respect for college basketball than I lost at the close of the UNC situation but pending the NCAA's response to this trial I can.

Really hope Duke backed the brinks truck up for Zion. These kids deserve to get paid and doubtful the NCAA actually has any evidence to do anything.
Well the problem is only Duke and Kansas are allowed to pay them. The NCAA clearly has no evidence but the FBI probably does.

Why are we surprised,didn't Hansbrough's family get the dame deal at UNC this isn't news it is business as usual. The shoe companies just upped the ante

Reactions: EliteBlue
But wait, I thought none of the coaches at KU talked at all about cash to players? Yet here we see a non-admissible piece of evidence that has verbatim "cash payments" and "if that's what it takes" between the bag man and a KU assistant.

Uh oh Zion, Uh Oh Kansas, and UH OH DUKE.

And even funnier, uh oh FBI prosecutors given they had taped evidence specifically helping the defense that they withheld somehow (not just helping the defense, but pretty much proving that a college knew and handing the case to the defense).

But wait, I thought none of the coaches at KU talked at all about cash to players? Yet here we see a non-admissible piece of evidence that has verbatim "cash payments" and "if that's what it takes" between the bag man and a KU assistant.

Uh oh Zion, Uh Oh Kansas, and UH OH DUKE.

And even funnier, uh oh FBI prosecutors given they had taped evidence specifically helping the defense that they withheld somehow (not just helping the defense, but pretty much proving that a college knew and handing the case to the defense).
Seem pretty simple doesn't it

Also explains K's interview yesterday on how this was nothing more than a "blip". Now we know why he chimed in - he's freaking out that the Zion situation would leak, and voila, it happened.

Queue Rat Face back spasms and retirement next week.
The NCAA still has to take a stance on this,it gets worse by the day.All this lies at the feet of Emmert and his tenure as head of the NCAA he should be gone by next week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT