ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Herro commits to UK

Someone tell me a little about him please is he a glorified brad that can play d? I know he's supposed to be an excellent shooter, but what else can he do? The other thing I see is that we will have a few guys return for sure next yr to go with the guys we have got already just trying to see where herro fits in and if he can contribute right away?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Tyler+Herro

AHAHAHA yes a top 25ish kid who can jump and dunk with the best of them and shoots over 40% from 3 is a glorified Brad. Me thinks you are judging him by his looks and not his game which is sad.
Not trying to do so just curious as to what separates him from brad is all

yes a top 25ish kid who can jump and dunk with the best of them and shoots over 40% from 3 is a glorified Brad. Me thinks you are judging him by his looks and not his game which is sad. He is a very skilled all around offensive weapon . Can shoot from anywhere on the floor and can drive well and is a pretty sweet dunker to boot. He is a pure offensive weapon but has enough skills to learn to play D well. He reminds me a ton of Booker.

And his last name is Hero. I mean cmon. He's got to be good, right

BEen a while since we have a Jeff Shepard or a Rex Chapman type (and yes I mean white, athletic and a good shooter)

Shai and Hami will both be one and done, scouts will fall in love with Shai's potential as a two way player and they are already drooling over Diallo's athleticism and potential. I would look for Grimes to join Herro and Quickly as are gaurd commits..

I’m not buying Shai as a OAD yet.

Let the season play out a bit before we anoint him the next guy to fit into the seemingly limitless first round slots of the draft that some of you create for any kid who shows NBA potential.

Reactions: brianpoe
Someone tell me a little about him please is he a glorified brad that can play d? I know he's supposed to be an excellent shooter, but what else can he do? The other thing I see is that we will have a few guys return for sure next yr to go with the guys we have got already just trying to see where herro fits in and if he can contribute right away?

Actually reminds me of a more aggressive Devin Booker in high school.

Glorified Brad is a pretty outrageous comment for a Top 40 kid who will climb higher.

Don't let his skin color get in the way of an honest evaluation.

Actually reminds me of a more aggressive Devin Booker in high school.

Glorified Brad is a pretty outrageous comment for a Top 40 kid who will climb higher.

Don't let his skin color get in the way of an honest evaluation.
Thank you bp not post pics of your wife! Lol jk anyways I haven't watch any of his videos yet and wanted a general description of him and what we can expect is all

Reactions: brianpoe
Not trying to do so just curious as to what separates him from brad is all

At least five inches of height. Quicker and a better ball handler. Brad has a low release while Herro has a high release. Hard for a 6'5 2 guard to get his shot blocked with a high but quick release.

Thank you bp not post pics of your wife! Lol jk anyways I haven't watch any of his videos yet and wanted a general description of him and what we can expect is all

She asked me just today, "Why don't you invite Wall2Boogie over to watch a game?"

7pxhiSg6LE6gr_fPQvRTKShnPm6kskIWT3SJVo6-oYyUpwbZaJj8N00hJ3VRg1-vhAdjGb24zVH3yzPQ44CqRBTaoq2LLRmXvOIYAK_TXPTNxQqpD6Y3-oAmBL9RGokUoW5axFCCB4Xvh2f1_ShA7mjpP40NEOR_C1zd0hXEB3wU_O_zzb0zS0Hz0GdGD8lsllF4lU-oNhdBOc1_uHORrWbM2rkNYlJlJEPUXri6rU4wiSsll5extLyafK86dPim00hWrQ_vxlmwlT0hGBYhgfx5W1cOSimPkW3VAsImtArelEdTrN4CO8sXfMC5XOaw-5wieGQiBAEHp4PMz1UqI2O3pQT6OyzgYfOD79n3yomZ4NgUMow3vNVA6YgCBS9iDy0qsH0x_Tt2kN8GF7aCIyZpAYxqvJmLrWZlo6amz8YUpO3_bJ7dr69FNkrubrl0UmkTuOoWj_M8LtM7h2tLUPezfSYzoygWsb6q2LHGUhV7hKhkHPfszAS24d44F-DidXcqrxnYLIjXpAybJR15AoHum90gHPdvVuU9H58Z5LbFUBoEt7LLoJE1-ed4q4XVa9pQ2Sw5xDB1XlLsRobxNrC8oV_d7l2JgpvrWV_C1A=w1152-h921-no

I'm more excited about Herro than I would of been about signing Barrett but thats just because I really think we'll get Vando back or Zion. Having Baker and Herro will not only give us a massive scoring boost but make the starters that much better defensively every day.

And some people accuse me of never posting anything positive

Johnson and Shai remind me of those old-school Butler/Xavier type guards who would chew opposing backcourts to pieces in March and instantly find themselves on draft boards as a result.

Herro is the type of kid who would light up a top seed in the second round of the tournament and make a household name of himself.

Quickley/Green give UK the guard combo we’ve never had under Cal – two quick-as-lightning creators who can also shoot at an elite level.

Bring back Washington, SKJ, Wynyard, Baker and maybe one of Vanderbilt/Gabriel.

Add Williamson (and maybe Brown) to that group?

That’s a recipe for a legit title contender with very few weaknesses.

Experience.

Transcendence.

Brutality on the glass.

Length.

Elite shooting.

Reactions: Pluto is a Planet
BEen a while since we have a Jeff Shepard or a Rex Chapman type (and yes I mean white, athletic and a good shooter)

And we’ve never had a slew of elite shooters on a Cal team since he’s been here.

Herro

Baker

Quickley

Green

With Zion (hopefully) roaming the baselines like a predatory hawk looking for lobs and Washington acting as the eater of the opponents’ young on the glass.

SKJ will be rounded-out in time to give UK the last piece of the puzzle: rim protection.

Reactions: Pluto is a Planet
I haven't read most of this thread, but read a post of someone asking what's the difference between Herro and Brad Calipari....WTF?! I hope nobody else here is that ignorant. Herro is a solid top 25-35 prospect, could be a great college player, Brad is a walk on. I don't get how anyone could complain about landing a player like this.

Squeezing in the required feel-good posts before another set of troll remarks?

Too late pal.

Too late for what? It's hilarious that you think I'm razzled by being labeled a troll, or a UL fan. Hell, I'll change my username to troll. I'm going to call it like I see it regardless of what you, or anyone thinks. But by all means, keep up the good work of combing through these boards in search of any poster that might be a "troll". Nothing gets past you man.

Very excited about getting this kind of player. I think his shooting could help right away, but he could be a 2-3 or even 4 year guy. Huge for building the program.

Or he could be one and done. It's almost impossible to predict

How many times are you going to change that username?

Still clocked in searching for trolls? You're like a hall monitor or mall cop. Stop worrying about me, and enjoy the board. Put me on ignore if you'd like, although I do enjoy the attention you give me.

Still clocked in searching for trolls? You're like a hall monitor or mall cop. Stop worrying about me, and enjoy the board. Put me on ignore if you'd like, although I do enjoy the attention you give me.

And you are like a UL troll...

Reactions: Aike
I haven't read most of this thread, but read a post of someone asking what's the difference between Herro and Brad Calipari....WTF?! I hope nobody else here is that ignorant. Herro is a solid top 25-35 prospect, could be a great college player, Brad is a walk on. I don't get how anyone could complain about landing a player like this.

Keldon Johnson was Briscoe yesterday. Calapari can no longer recruit, I hear.
I think the collective IQ of the fan base is crashing below 70 of late.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT