ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Herro commits to UK

How good of a defender can he be though, we seen with derek willis it does not matter how good you can shoot with cal, if you do not play defense and rebound he will not play you..

Reactions: UKvisitor
5SGG1ng.gif

The thing is, not sure if this guy sees himself as a one-and-done, so Kansas and UNC saying "well you won't even get to play so you won't be a one-and-done, so why go there?" shouldn't work.

How good of a defender can he be though, we seen with derek willis it does not matter how good you can shoot with cal, if you do not play defense and rebound he will not play you..
General rule... we can only compare white player to another white player. Exhibit A above.
Devin Booker was a terrible defender and Murray wasn’t great either.

Why? UNC has proved their invincible in the eyes of the NCAA and are the defending champs.
I have as much respect for the NCAA as I do U of L and UNC- none.

I think, though, the NCAA and UNC can be reformed. U of L though? Burn it to the ground and build something for the people of Louisville with all the money they stole from the city.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Nice! Was scrolling through Instagram the other night and saw one of his videos. Clicked on it and thought "this kid is really good!" Went to his page to watch more videos of his games and saw that he was going to Wisconsin. Immediately said "eff that!" He looks like one of those guys that would get hot in the tournament and flat light ya up! So, with that being said, I'd love to see him at Kentucky!

Name the last UK title team that didn't have at least one dead-eyei shooter who played and played a lot.

Name the last UK title team that didn't have at least one dead-eyei shooter who played and played a lot.

are you saying that winning basketball games is much easier when you have a guy or multiple guys who are capable of making 3 point jump shots regularly? Are you saying you can never have too many of these guys?

Reactions: MbergCat
The thing is, not sure if this guy sees himself as a one-and-done, so Kansas and UNC saying "well you won't even get to play so you won't be a one-and-done, so why go there?" shouldn't work.
All cal has to do is point at the other guys who weren't one and done. Like Willis Hawkins liggins etc

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I'll say it. Tyler Herro is the best white player in years. I admit what I've seen is only on tape but the kid has immense talent. I hope Cal goes after him.

He's not better than TJ Leaf of Kyle Guy last year, but I think if we miss on Grimes he could be a nice get. Adding him to Baker and likely Quade/SGA plus Quickley and Keldon Johnson would give us a ton of outside threats.

Reactions: Jazzycat
He's not better than TJ Leaf of Kyle Guy last year, but I think if we miss on Grimes he could be a nice get. Adding him to Baker and likely Quade/SGA plus Quickley and Keldon Johnson would give us a ton of outside threats.
Nor is he better than Henry Ellenson.

Nor is he better than Henry Ellenson.

Forgot about Ellenson. Marquette and things of that nature.

Not better than Zimmerman, either. Didn't want to keep going back any further than I had to. Also not on Kennard's level.

I'd like to have him though, just because we'll have the scholarships open and you don't often turn down top 25 multi-year players.

His list makes me think this is a respect and ego thing, though. Commit early to Wisconsin, play well, feel underappreciated, court offers from the big boys just to say you had them, then make your choice. Not sure he'd actually come here as much as we'd be a feather in the cap.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
ADVERTISEMENT