ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Herro commits to UK

You know this how exactly?
if i told you that i probably wouldn't get that kind of info to pass on anymore. like i've said before about "inside info" i hear things from time to time that i know are straight from the horse's mouth so to speak and people can choose to belive that or not.

Guy doesn't look like a UK guy to me. Happy to have him if he comes, but he just has that Iowa/Wisconsin midwest look to him.

The next step for Herro is to begin setting up official visits, which is something he’s looking to do in the next week or so.

In terms of when Herro may make his college choice, it doesn’t sound like he’s going to rush into making a choice before the early signing period, which starts on November 8th.

I would think a kid who feels like he committed too early would play out the process, take all his visits, and decide in the spring when he sees what each roster looks like. No reason not to enjoy yourself, build some publicity, and gather all the information you can. Don't make the same mistake twice.

Reactions: spotter34
I just don't get the lack of white athletic basketball players. I mean, I ran a 4.47 40, 38" vert and but I was only 5'11 and wasn't that good of a shooter. Many of the people I grew up with could jump, run and cut. Yet it appears that Chandler Parsons and long ago Rex Chapman are the most athletic white guys?

I mean Carson Wentz, Drew Brees and Aaron Rogers are all good athletes and Travis Kelce is a big man with quickness and speed but these a few and far between.

Most 6'4'' white guys with good athleticism are playing other sports.

if i told you that i probably wouldn't get that kind of info to pass on anymore. like i've said before about "inside info" i hear things from time to time that i know are straight from the horse's mouth so to speak and people can choose to belive that or not.

Awesome. Show us some posts from the past where you've "heard" things and they've been correct. I must have missed them. Not saying you are FOS, but I truly haven't seen any of those type posts.

miracle7s
only way Herro ends up at UK is if he literally waits til the end of spring bucks all other suitors and UK has an extra spot for him. UK staff is not really interested in him.

[laughing][laughing][laughing]

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't get the lack of white athletic basketball players. I mean, I ran a 4.47 40, 38" vert and but I was only 5'11 and wasn't that good of a shooter. Many of the people I grew up with could jump, run and cut. Yet it appears that Chandler Parsons and long ago Rex Chapman are the most athletic white guys?

I mean Carson Wentz, Drew Brees and Aaron Rogers are all good athletes and Travis Kelce is a big man with quickness and speed but these a few and far between.

If I had a dollar for every guy I've met who "ran a sub 4.5 40" I'd have at least 300 bucks. And I'd bet double that, that you've never ran a legit 4.47. Here is why.

Top 5 NFL rushing leaders this season 40 times:
1. Kareem Hunt- 4.62
2. Le'Veon Bell- 4.6
3. Todd Gurley- 4.52
4. Leonard Fournette- 4.51
5. Jordan Howard- 4.57

You are not faster than any of these 5 guys on your best day. Whenever someone tells you their 40 time, add about .5 seconds to it to get their real time. So you ran about a 4.9 on your best day which is still pretty damn fast compared to an average person. Sub 4.5 speed is extremely uncommon, but somehow every other guy who played a skilled position in high school "ran a 4.4" and 99.9% of them are full of shit.

He looks like a UNC player. They have won several NCAA championships with players like him. I would predict he would join that list if he goes there. It is going to be very hard to keep UNC down now that the basketball world knows they are above the rules. Actually they are not down and haven't been. When you win a title while the "investigation" is ongoing that says you are the chosen one.

If I had a dollar for every guy I've met who "ran a sub 4.5 40" I'd have at least 300 bucks. And I'd bet double that, that you've never ran a legit 4.47. Here is why.

1. Kareem Hunt- 4.62
2. Le'Veon Bell- 4.6
3. Todd Gurley- 4.52
5. Jordan Howard- 4.57

You are not faster than any of these 5 guys on your best day. Whenever someone tells you their 40 time, add about .5 seconds to it to get their real time. So you ran about a 4.9 on your best day which is still pretty damn fast compared to an average person. Sub 4.5 speed is extremely uncommon, but somehow every other guy who played a skilled position in high school "ran a 4.4" and 99.9% of them are full of shit.

I went to high school with at least 3 guys who I would say ran legit 4.5 or less.

I know what you're saying, but there are fast people everywhere. The guys carrying the ball in the NFL aren't necessarily the very fastest.

Reactions: letitrainuk

1. Kareem Hunt- 4.62
2. Le'Veon Bell- 4.6
3. Todd Gurley- 4.52
5. Jordan Howard- 4.57

That's fine man. I don't really mind you think I'm FOS. It just means you were slow. I know quite a few guys that ran sub 4.7. The trick is... Wait for it.... You have to do it while weighing 210+. It's really not all that uncommon for guys weighing 170 that run track.

But believe or don't believe in whatever you want. The world is flat after all.

Reactions: letitrainuk
You know this how exactly?

Another wannabe who probably has a friend who is a friend of a friend of a student manager thus making him an insider. :joy:

1. Kareem Hunt- 4.62
2. Le'Veon Bell- 4.6
3. Todd Gurley- 4.52
5. Jordan Howard- 4.57

source.gif

only way Herro ends up at UK is if he literally waits til the end of spring bucks all other suitors and UK has an extra spot for him. UK staff is not really interested in him.
Was thinking about this on the way to work. With other options on the table like Johnson and Grimes id think of Herro as more of a backup. We should return at least 1 member of our back court not named Brad, and have Quickley on board. Staff may like Herro and if Grimes and Johnson both decide this Fall then maybe they jump all in, but as of now I assume hes a distant 3rd option theyre just keeping tabs on and flirting with at this point.

We lost our last game last year because that same Derek Willis didn't guard his effing man in transition.

Same with the perfect season. Sharpshooting Devin Booker got absolutely abused all night.

I hope every guy we sign is a great shooter, but only if they're also great on the other end of the court.

um doesn’t every team want great shooters that are good defenders?

Think if we are making a push for this kid then the staff doesn't feel good about Grimes.

I have as much respect for the NCAA as I do U of L and UNC- none.

I think, though, the NCAA and UNC can be reformed. U of L though? Burn it to the ground and build something for the people of Louisville with all the money they stole from the city.
Some faith you have. My dislike for UNC and the NCAA outweighs UL because lil brother was corrupted by sex, money, and probably a lil drugs. The NCAA and UNC seem to be above reproach and have a lust for power. Both can seemingly do whatever the hell they want and it doesn't matter. If u make the rules or control who does then you are untouchable.
Believe it or not, the NCAA and UNC have come out of this stronger than ever. They now realize if we can come out of this debacle unscathed then nothing can stop us.

Hmmm...didn't someone say UK is not interested in him? Wow, imagine that. Someone on here proclaiming to know something and being totally false. Gotta be a first.

I believe Herro is possibly the best white guard we've recruited since Jess Sheppard by watching his videos and jumping ability. We all know kids from Wisconsin can shoot; so why not sign him if we can? Of course, we probably won't, and he winds up at Kansas or Puke!! Oh well.... JMO

1. Kareem Hunt- 4.62
2. Le'Veon Bell- 4.6
3. Todd Gurley- 4.52
5. Jordan Howard- 4.57

I love this post. I used to run Legit 4:6-4:7 times in High School Football and could outrun the vast majority of 4:5 types. These times are as inflated as bb's players height, always lied about by an inch or two. Remember PJ Washington was 6'8 or 9. He is 6'7 with shoes on. Stuff always drives me nuts.

Reactions: BigKari
Athleticism is great. It really is. But so is shooting. Give me a player like Herro any day over someone that is a freak athlete but can't shoot a lick. Herro's stroke more than makes up for any perceived minor shortcomings he might have in terms of athleticism.

That's fine man. I don't really mind you think I'm FOS. It just means you were slow. I know quite a few guys that ran sub 4.7. The trick is... Wait for it.... You have to do it while weighing 210+. It's really not all that uncommon for guys weighing 170 that run track.

But believe or don't believe in whatever you want. The world is flat after all.

I'm just saying the average official 40 for the two fastest positions in the NFL (WR, CB) is 4.55. Those guys are some of the best athletes in the world. True 4.4 speed is just extraordinarily rare and hand timed 40s are extremely unreliable measures. Hand timed 40s are the reason why every other high school kid thinks he runs a sub 4.7. It's just not reality though. And yes I am slow, never ran a timed 40 but I'd guess I'd probably run about a 5.5

Reactions: EliteBlue
Another wannabe who probably has a friend who is a friend of a friend of a student manager thus making him an insider. :joy:
i don't friend of friend who is anything, i've said before in other threads that when i have info and pass it along you can take it or leave it. You could look and see a few different things I said that turned out to be true, but I'll give you a fresh one. I know this hasn't been said on this board even when the speculation was happening over the summer. The reason that Cal quit recruiting Romeo Langford was because during the USA camp Romeo and his father took a meeting with Cal and told him Romeo's back was fine and he would not only would he be fine to play but he was ready to shine. Well that was a lie and his back wasn't ok and Cal was pissed that he would take the spot away from another guy like that so selfishly, then to make matters worse daddy Langford goes to the press and tells them he "doesn't know why romeo isn't playing and it's not his back". Cal was game, set, match, done right then and there.

are you saying that winning basketball games is much easier when you have a guy or multiple guys who are capable of making 3 point jump shots regularly? Are you saying you can never have too many of these guys?
I see what you did there.

I believe Herro is possibly the best white guard we've recruited since Jess Sheppard by watching his videos and jumping ability. We all know kids from Wisconsin can shoot; so why not sign him if we can? Of course, we probably won't, and he winds up at Kansas or Puke!! Oh well.... JMO

Luke Kennard was a damn fine guard. I doubt he was as athletic as Sheppard, but his all around game was quite good.

Since he can only shoot and likely not a first rounder, seems reasonable to think he won't get an offer.

lol I’m sure you get “inside info” ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT