ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Herro commits to UK

I believe Herro is possibly the best white guard we've recruited since Jess Sheppard by watching his videos and jumping ability. We all know kids from Wisconsin can shoot; so why not sign him if we can? Of course, we probably won't, and he winds up at Kansas or Puke!! Oh well.... JMO

Did Jeff have a brother or is this a typo?

Reactions: Dirt Court King
I’d like to take Herro if possible. I don’t think Quade will be going to the NBA anytime soon so I’d love our backcourt next year.

Green
Baker
SGA
Herro
Quickley

I’m assuming we don’t get Grimes. I think UK coaches have recruited the crap out of him but at the end of the day, his mom went to Kansas and I’m sure he’d like to go there for her.

Reactions: Dirt Court King
Athleticism is great. It really is. But so is shooting. Give me a player like Herro any day over someone that is a freak athlete but can't shoot a lick. Herro's stroke more than makes up for any perceived minor shortcomings he might have in terms of athleticism.

My sentiments exactly.

lol I’m sure you get “inside info” ...

Back off. This guy has been a long time solid poster. I appreciate anyone passing on info. Everyone know recruiting info is to be taken FWIW. If you can’t handle it, shut up and ignore it, instead of running people off and ruining it for the rest of us.

Thanks to all who pass on info they hear.

And for what it's worth, 7's has been a good poster here for a long time. He didn't just sign up and start pretending to be connected.

I have no way of knowing if what he posts is true, but he did tell us the Bol stuff back when we all thought he was a lock to us, and that Langford stuff sounds too crazy to not be true.

The good news is, he's been here long enough not to give a shit what the idiots here think.

I'm not a fan of shooting guards that can't shoot, but that's just me.

But you're a fan of shooting guards that can't guard?

What about Anthony Davis being a power forward with no power?

Kevin Knox is our small forward and he's not small at all.

And Boogie Cousins barely ever stood in the center.

THIS PROGRAM IS BUILT ON LIES AND DECEPTION

Back off. This guy has been a long time solid poster. I appreciate anyone passing on info. Everyone know recruiting info is to be taken FWIW. If you can’t handle it, shut up and ignore it, instead of running people off and ruining it for the rest of us.

Thanks to all who pass on info they hear.

lol , Yeah I’m Not gonna “back off” ... just voicing an opinion.
If you believe he has “sources” that’s great. Does he have sources ? Prolly nah... but I didn’t insult him or anything .
Has nothing to do with not being able to “handle it”
Sorry you got so offended :) Grow some thicker skin my fellow UK fan. Eh?

And for what it's worth, 7's has been a good poster here for a long time. He didn't just sign up and start pretending to be connected.

I have no way of knowing if what he posts is true, but he did tell us the Bol stuff back when we all thought he was a lock to us, and that Langford stuff sounds too crazy to not be true.

The good news is, he's been here long enough not to give a shit what the idiots here think.
What was the Langford news?

Reactions: FrankUnderwood

Oh ok, my apologies. He has super connected sources to the UK basketball team, Cal and company.
I’m very grateful he is gracious enough to share this inside info with the board.

It’s so crazy to me (and awesome! ) that many of our posters here have more “inside info” and “sources” than recruiting experts and UK insiders. Some even claim to have a direct dialogue with Cal. Cal must be very very trusting to give inside info to random posters.

It’s so crazy to me (and awesome! ) that many of our posters here have more “inside info” and “sources” than recruiting experts and UK insiders. Some even claim to have a direct dialogue with Cal. Cal must be very very trusting to give inside info to random posters.

You can be facetious if you want, but there's a pretty clear difference between the information of people who actually know and those who sign up to troll of gain internet notoriety.

Sometimes you hear things. It's not as if you have to sit down to dinner with Cal and ask him. There are far less important members of the staff who are around when some of this stuff gets discussed, and all it takes is one of them to pass it along.

Do you think guys like Matt Jones or Evan Daniels gets info directly from Cal? Or do you think there are avenues of information besides a head coach specifically telling you about a recruit?

Because if you believe that they hear things from other people that turn out to be true, then it's not difficult to imagine those same sources talking to people they're actually close with and telling them more than they tell media guys, knowing those guys are going to print it.

Besides, it's a hell of a long con for someone to be a good poster for like a decade and suddenly have relatively innocuous news about Bol and Langford and Herro. If he were looking to fool us or make a splash, there have been ample opportunities over the last ten years.

Just for future reference, if and when I start sharing news about a particular talented young point guard in a couple of years, I'm not guessing or making it up.

You can be facetious if you want, but there's a pretty clear difference between the information of people who actually know and those who sign up to troll of gain internet notoriety.

Sometimes you hear things. It's not as if you have to sit down to dinner with Cal and ask him. There are far less important members of the staff who are around when some of this stuff gets discussed, and all it takes is one of them to pass it along.

Do you think guys like Matt Jones or Evan Daniels gets info directly from Cal? Or do you think there are avenues of information besides a head coach specifically telling you about a recruit?

Because if you believe that they hear things from other people that turn out to be true, then it's not difficult to imagine those same sources talking to people they're actually close with and telling them more than they tell media guys, knowing those guys are going to print it.

Besides, it's a hell of a long con for someone to be a good poster for like a decade and suddenly have relatively innocuous news about Bol and Langford and Herro. If he were looking to fool us or make a splash, there have been ample opportunities over the last ten years.

Just for future reference, if and when I start sharing news about a particular talented young point guard in a couple of years, I'm not guessing or making it up.

lol gotcha :)

Reactions: GonzoCat90
lol I’m sure you get “inside info” ...

Why so cynical? I get information from time to time from
My sources are telling me Zion is a lock and Grimes is 50/50 with us and KU. Straight from not only Cal’s mouth but Kenny Payne as well. This “source” of mine is super connected to the athletic dept. super connected.

See how easy that is ?

Frank I know at least three posters on here that have legit sources. Not everybody is fake news. Is there any reason the poster has given to not give him the benefit of the doubt?

And I don’t think posters (not all) who claim to have sources are “trolling” but many many of them are very apparently just looking for attention/ fibbing when it comes to their “inside info” They want people (us) to THINK “hey this guy has sources !” Bc “someone they can’t name” gave them some random recruiting info that anyone of us could spout off.
It’s actually quite cringe worthy at times

Why so cynical? I get information from time to time from

Frank I know at least three posters on here that have legit sources. Not everybody is fake news. Is there any reason the poster has given to not give him the benefit of the doubt?

Oh I know. I firmly believe a couple are legit. No doubt. But the dozen or more who claim to have sources ? Sorry I just don’t buy it.

Of course that’s just my opinion.

Look, I wasn’t trying to offend anyone. I’m sorry if my opinion that we don’t have a dozen or more “insiders” offends people. Wasn’t my intention.

But for the life of me , I can’t fathom how so many people think that just by saying “now this is no guarantee but a source of mine says .... blah blah blah it’s some sort of legit scoop.

Most “insiders” just word their predictions in a way that leave room for error mistakes (similar to Marc Maggards “wrong on purpose”)

I don’t think they are trolls, or UL fans or anything like that. Just kinda glaringly obvious that 90% of those who claim to have inside scoops don’t really have the info they claim. Or the info they’re getting is from someone who does not really have a scoop/ tends to embellish.

Last edited:
I’d like to take Herro if possible. I don’t think Quade will be going to the NBA anytime soon so I’d love our backcourt next year.

Green
Baker
SGA
Herro
Quickley

I’m assuming we don’t get Grimes. I think UK coaches have recruited the crap out of him but at the end of the day, his mom went to Kansas and I’m sure he’d like to go there for her.

Agreed.

Custom built for the offense to revolve around Williamson.

Green- pass first PG that can shoot.
Baker- spot up shooter.
SGA- pass first CG that can shoot.
Herro- shooter.
Quickley- pass first PG that can shoot.

Give me those guards at the 1-3, with Williamson at the 4.

Dare everyone to zone or double team Williamson when he has the ball.

I think that is what Cal envisions for next season.

I appreciate @wcc31 @GonzoCat90 and the others saying i've been around a long time and never been an idiot. Just as I've done if I hear something I'll post it and as I've said 15 times over the last couple months or so i'm not worried if you think I'm trolling or not or don't believe or whatever. I started posting here because I love UK sports and talking about it. In my actual life I only have a handful of people that care as much as i do about this stuff so when I hear stuff from what i know is a legit source i do like to post here because everyone else here has shown enough merit to spend the time to come to Kentucky centric message board. That at least shows they care more about this stuff than your average fan. And this is a place where fans can share with each other.

As far as saying oh look how easy it is to say "inside info" "sources" "straight from the horse's mouth" and making fun of it. show me reporter, blogger, writer, etc... that list sources ever. Only time that stuff ever comes out is after the fact. So to say if you can't say who's telling you the info you're a liar and troll is so basic i won't even bother trying to explain why that isn't how it works.

I appreciate @wcc31 @GonzoCat90 and the others saying i've been around a long time and never been an idiot. Just as I've done if I hear something I'll post it and as I've said 15 times over the last couple months or so i'm not worried if you think I'm trolling or not or don't believe or whatever. I started posting here because I love UK sports and talking about it. In my actual life I only have a handful of people that care as much as i do about this stuff so when I hear stuff from what i know is a legit source i do like to post here because everyone else here has shown enough merit to spend the time to come to Kentucky centric message board. That at least shows they care more about this stuff than your average fan. And this is a place where fans can share with each other.

As far as saying oh look how easy it is to say "inside info" "sources" "straight from the horse's mouth" and making fun of it. show me reporter, blogger, writer, etc... that list sources ever. Only time that stuff ever comes out is after the fact. So to say if you can't say who's telling you the info you're a liar and troll is so basic i won't even bother trying to explain why that isn't how it works.
Hints are welcome

We lost our last game last year and likely title because of a not particularly athletic guy who could shoot the 3. I would have added he might not have played much in a UK uniform but DW finally got some run and Cal even set up what might have been a winning basket but DW missed it. Someone suggested you can't have enough shooters. They could be on to something.

We didn’t lose because of UNC had this incredible shooter like you make him out to be. Maye hit a shot that probably most guys on the floor could’ve hit. It’s not like it was long 3 that beat us. It was a jumper from the elbow. Just sayin.

ADVERTISEMENT