ADVERTISEMENT

Tucker says next few days are going to be ''very, very eventful"

So top 20 with him being drastically underrated because he is of the caucasian persuasion and the son of a UK legend isnt close to the top 5? Ok, split hairs all you want but when the Cayats are hoisting the NCAA championship trophy with a bunch of True Freshman holding it just remember I told you so!
Do you ever get tired of spewing total fiction? I love your optimism, but damn, man.....literally NONE of your predictions have come true! If you were a little more spaced out I'd swear that you and SmoothasButter were one and the same.

Nope. I find the stubborn naivete almost entertaining. They can't possibly be actual fans. Nobody is that blind to go to bat for CCC that hard unless the are family, friends, or trolls. I can understand keeping the 'fire Cal' breaks pumped, but no level headed Cal supporter is acting like Cal is blameless and this is all crazy talk from stupid hilljacks. The ones you mentioned are beyond ridiculous.
I was stubborn for years about it. Bass finally made me mad and I felt like I had to use ignore or say something that could get me suspended. I’ve really liked it though since i put them on ignore

Nope. I find the stubborn naivete almost entertaining. They can't possibly be actual fans. Nobody is that blind to go to bat for CCC that hard unless the are family, friends, or trolls. I can understand keeping the 'fire Cal' breaks pumped, but no level headed Cal supporter is acting like Cal is blameless and this is all crazy talk from stupid hilljacks. The ones you mentioned are beyond ridiculous.
I'd probably consider myself somewhere in the middle. But I will say, if you utter anything resembling pro-Cal or defending Cal or correcting misinformation, many on this board just pounce at the chance to attack you as a "Cal lover" or whatever. It's unreal.

I have no idea how we got to the point where if you criticize Cal, you can't be a UK fan. OR if you defend Cal, you can't be a real Kentucky fan. I mean, what in the actual hell people.

I blame Cal for plenty, but I also know other things are outside of his control and certain things are unpredictable. Bunch of posters on here with the fortunate hindsight bias pretending like they knew everything the whole time.

I hate what Cal has done to the Kentucky program and I don’t even think that he cares.
Right. Taken UK to the top of the basketball world. Number 1 class coming in yet some hang on the word of this clown tucker that know less than any 10th grader in Ky.

But whine now. There will be time to jump back on the band wagon if you can catch it. UK is moving on while the haters here just wallow in their pity.

It's hard to believe what Cal has done to this program. He created a monster. Then couldn't continue to feed it. And so in turn the monster ate him. That may sound like a silly analogy, but it's basically what happened.
That's nonsense. Kentucky needs a few role players and we will be fine. You people don't seem to want to accept the fact that UK has enough problems trying to find enough playing time for 7 to 8 players. Hell, Livingston was a starter and his camp was allegedly not happy. We have 7 very talented players. We just need 2 or 3 more who will be willing to be backups. The Cal haters are trying to get fans to panic with all of this ridiculous doom-and-gloom nonsense. Before you mention him, Tucker tries to satisfy the most negative UK fans sometimes by writing articles that he knows they will like.

Reactions: Graham51
It's hard to believe what Cal has done to this program. He created a monster. Then couldn't continue to feed it. And so in turn the monster ate him. That may sound like a silly analogy, but it's basically what happened.
Could this team end up having a worse record than the pandemic year, given having to rely on so many freshmen who aren’t all that given the delay in development from the pandemic?

The sooner you come to grips with the fact that this roster is just where Cal wants it to be, the happier you will be.

Seven man rotation with 5 freshman getting as many minutes as they can handle, regardless of performance or mistakes, and 3 serviceable ( but not good enough to start ahead of the freshmen) backups in case (when) one of the young dudes get injured, and they will get injured playing all those minutes.

Perfect roster for Cal.

He will add 3 practice players in the upcoming days so they can scrimmage 5 on 5.

If it weren't for that, he would just carry 7 on the roster.

Cal is happy. No players, no pressure to play them ahead of his chosen ones.
Bingo....this is what Cal wanted....a glorified AAU team to showcase "his boys" for NBA.

There are guys who'd come here to play PF....but that is Bradshaw's new position (That he's never played in HS)...so he never tried to fill out the roster.

You mean he didn't make an inquiry *that you know about*. This doesn't mean he didn't reach out to players, whether backchannels or not. Schools are making inquiries into Reeves right now, but you don't see Reeves tweeting about who it is. Not everything is designed to be public knowledge for all of BBN to revel in...
But isn’t it a sad state of the program IF Cal reached out to say 50% of the ones with enough talent to play here (historically) and he didn’t get a single one?

Players leaving as soon as possible is happening everywhere. Nearly 200 division one players declared for the draft, knowing there are only 60 picks, and also knowing there are several dozen foreign players also in the draft. And 20+% of division one players entered the transfer portal.

We spend so much time focused solely on UK that it seems like their problems are unique. They’re not!
But they only started leaving when they got a free transfer. So it’s only been the last 2-3 years. We have lost numerous guys every year this imposter of a coach has been here. He just can’t leave soon enough.

nQpZSQT.png

Folks claiming we don't know who the staff has contacted or how active they've been pursuing players are correct.

However, we do know they haven't been successful. At first, I thought UK was deliberately casting a small net, but now I think UK is scrambling to avoid dire straits.

Whatever happened to come to UK and compete against the best to ready yourself for the pros? Heck, UK doesn’t have the numbers to scrimmage unless you include walk-ons and equipment managers.
You have no idea what is happening behind the scenes. What happened to wait until we know the whole roster before we panic.

Juzang, Matthews, Wiltjer, etc - none of those players left Kentucky and were drafted. Not a single player that has transferred from UK has been drafted.
interesting stat (no idea if its true but lets say it is)

what does that say about our program? a long list of guys who bolt (pre transfer portal even) the University of Kentucky because of...?

So top 20 with him being drastically underrated because he is of the caucasian persuasion and the son of a UK legend isnt close to the top 5? Ok, split hairs all you want but when the Cayats are hoisting the NCAA championship trophy with a bunch of True Freshman holding it just remember I told you so!
Only a UT fan would call our beloved Wildcats by the most offensive name possible, especially for certain segments of our fan base: Cayats.

Once again you out yourself as a real troll. No true UK fan would say that.

But they only started leaving when they got a free transfer. So it’s only been the last 2-3 years. We have lost numerous guys every year this imposter of a coach has been here. He just can’t leave soon enough.
"numerous guys every year"
I assume this is transfers, and not guys leaving for the NBA.
Hmm. Let's see.
2010: none
2011: none
2012: none
2013: Wiltjer (6th in mpg)
2014: none
2015: none
2016: Lee (5th in mpg), & Matthews (8th in mpg)
2017: Humphries (9th in mpg, not really transfer, but not try NBA either)
2018: SKJ (9th in mpg)
2019: Green (6th in mpg)
2020: Whitney (8th in mpg, but didn't transfer), Juzang (8th in mpg, homesick like most Cali players)
2021: Askew (3rd i mpg, & much of BBN not want him), Fletcher (11th in mpg)
2022: Hopkins (10th in mpg), Allen (11th in mpg)
2023: Wheeler (4th in mpg, much of BBN not want him), Fredrick (7th in mpg), Ware (8th in mpg), Collins (9th in mpg, but extenuating personal circumstances), TBD (Oscar, CL, Reeves)

1 transfer after his first 6 seasons at UK; then 5 in the next 4 years. So that was not "numerous" or even multiple.
But in the past 4 years there have been 10+, which would classify as multiple or numerous; but those 4 years are also when the Transfer Portal opened up.

I'd probably consider myself somewhere in the middle. But I will say, if you utter anything resembling pro-Cal or defending Cal or correcting misinformation, many on this board just pounce at the chance to attack you as a "Cal lover" or whatever. It's unreal.

I have no idea how we got to the point where if you criticize Cal, you can't be a UK fan. OR if you defend Cal, you can't be a real Kentucky fan. I mean, what in the actual hell people.

I blame Cal for plenty, but I also know other things are outside of his control and certain things are unpredictable. Bunch of posters on here with the fortunate hindsight bias pretending like they knew everything the whole time.
At this point, we've reached a Total System Failure. One guy gets paid like 8 million dollars per year to drive the car. Are some parts out of his control? Maybe. But EVERYTHING THAT'S GONE WRONG?

Injuries happen. Guys that are supposed to be good don't pan out. Guys don't make shots. Guys transfer.

But--do other schools not have things happen? We're the only place that experiences these things?

The last handful of years--the players keep changing. The bad results remain. The subpar play remains. And at the ed of the day--if it's truly just because we keep getting players that aren't good enough--I still blame the guy being paid 8 million per year to recruit.

So with all due respect--are there things out of Cal's control? Yes.

But the things he can control aren't going well.

interesting stat (no idea if its true but lets say it is)

what does that say about our program? a long list of guys who bolt (pre transfer portal even) the University of Kentucky because of...?
I think it says that many guys transfer when they see they aren't as good as they thought/hoped, and realize they won't be "the guy", so they leaving hoping to be "the guy" at a step down school.

Now maybe Cal puts that mentality in them when he is recruiting them (that they are a failure if they aren't OAD), IDK.

Maybe Fatso knows he’s finally finished after next season. He’s going to get as many of these freshmen drafted that he can and leave UK in the worst shape possible.

With the transfer portal and Fatso getting the boot after next season, I’ll take it!

That's nonsense. Kentucky needs a few role players and we will be fine. You people don't seem to want to accept the fact that UK has enough problems trying to find enough playing time for 7 to 8 players. Hell, Livingston was a starter and his camp was allegedly not happy. We have 7 very talented players. We just need 2 or 3 more who will be willing to be backups. The Cal haters are trying to get fans to panic with all of this ridiculous doom-and-gloom nonsense. Before you mention him, Tucker tries to satisfy the most negative UK fans sometimes by writing articles that he knows they will like.
This post clearly identifies the #1 problem that most reasonable UK fans have with Cal.

First of all, we do not hate Cal. We hate what he has done to the UK basketball program and the current state of the program and you did a great job in illuminating just one issue that fans have with Cal.

In no world should a freshman player and/or his handlers have the power to dictate playing/roster decisions to the HC of the University of KY.

F that BS. Every other coach in the nation has figured out a way to manage a roster without selling out to these pre-NBA Prima Donnas.

UK won before them and Cal, and UK can win again without them and Cal if the right coaching hire is made.

Cal needs to man up and run the program for what he is being paid to do and let someone else coddle these entitled players and their posses, or just move on to the NBA with them.

You need to take your head out of the sand and realize this happens at every program. This is not back in the 60's when the coach was the end-all/be-all for everything basketball. The past generation of player requires a different approach instead of making demands of the players.

Just like no one knew Sharpe was playing Cow. And just like no one knew Wheeler wasn’t going to play again.
Yeah, Cal’s lost my trust for sure. I’m ready for him to go. Want him to go out on good terms with all the joy he brought early on, but I personally don’t see that happening.

Reactions: NociHTTP
No, I’m happy most of the time. And I don’t like feeling negative emotions. Outrage over a basketball team does not compute in my brain. It’s a side interest for me. Wins make me happy, losses leave me disappointed. But overall the goings on with the Wildcats has nearly zero impact on my life.

My comment about the outrage still holds true. There are folks in this thread that seem to be quite angry over internet rumors and unknowns regarding a kid’s game. Not sure when, why or how we’ve gotten to a point where grown-ass adults allow themselves to get so worked up over trivial, meaningless things even before situations are resolved.

So I choose to remain calm, and monitor the progress, or lack of progress, as the coaching staff works on building a roster. I’ll then react based on known facts when they happen.
Let me guess, when you do react you'll try and make it sound like it's some sort of revelation you're having, like you didn't foresee any of this happening.

Wagner, Dilly, Theiro, Edwards, Shepherd, Holland or Livingston, Bradshaw, Udo, Oscar would be an absolute hell of a team. The only thing that needs to happen to have that team is Oscar return and either get Holland or Livingston back. Then, add a couple transfers or recruits that are going to be satisfied being good practice players because there are no more minutes available (that is already 9 deserving of playing time).

Reactions: kl40504
Well said. They're not diehard UK fans. My money is on that.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Wagner, Dilly, Theiro, Edwards, Shepherd, Holland or Livingston, Bradshaw, Udo, Oscar would be an absolute hell of a team. The only thing that needs to happen to have that team is Oscar return and either get Holland or Livingston back. Then, add a couple transfers or recruits that are going to be satisfied being good practice players because there are no more minutes available (that is already 9 deserving of playing time).
You're not adding (good to great) transfers and recruits to this team. That time passed.

Folks claiming we don't know who the staff has contacted or how active they've been pursuing players are correct.

However, we do know they haven't been successful. At first, I thought UK was deliberately casting a small net, but now I think UK is scrambling to avoid dire straits.

Whatever happened to come to UK and compete against the best to ready yourself for the pros? Heck, UK doesn’t have the numbers to scrimmage unless you include walk-ons and equipment managers.
true, we don't know for sure who has been contacted seriously. I would think that any of these guys that are coming from lesser know schools would at least visit UK if invited. The 2 guys that UT signed were ogiginally mentioned with interest from UK, but later that never materialized. Both of those guys would have helped. The transfer from Oregon and would up at IU would have been interested as well as the big guy from Utah Valley. But for whatever reason, UK never showed the interest to either. So that tells me that ccc promised the strating job & major minutes to Ugo, and that is why he returned. All 4 of these examples would have helped UK greatly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT